Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Infantry, Tanks, 4.6, bummer.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Infantry, Tanks, 4.6, bummer. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Infantry, Tanks, 4.6, bummer. - 1/18/2001 6:43:00 AM   
MindSpy

Well, for the case of fighting RED ARMY tanks the infantry seems alright. I hope 4.6 CA morale tests aren't incredibly tough but even if they are the main weapon is still the PF, Flamethrower, 1-2 hexes and of course the unlucky infantry that creates the diversion so that a rear hit can occur silencing the opposition more quickly by the primary tank fighting unit. But, even entering '43 radios on T-34's are rare. So we have all these large units of Russian tanks with their commanders exposed using flags to communicate just to keep the tanks together. This already hinders a small crew component on a very fast tank. Afterall, hanging out the side of a tank moving at 24 miles per or hour or faster and flagging out orders for cohesion is not well, you get the picture. So here we are very limited in a very first rate tank. Then whammo infantry pops out. Either we the commanders die by the dozens and cause our tanks to get brewed with open hatches or we jump in completely. How well can we see in-out of our T-34's. There is no radio and if we had one it is full of noise from the poor radio etiquette practiced by the Russians (alright so maybe Hans Ulrich Rudel is giggling at a tank commander giving away his unit's location by jabbering away over a frequency that NONE of his CO or Battalion units have access to) That is a good day for tank busting indeed. But to be a blind duck unit for long---retreat or ram the nearest Panzer/AT gun. It is no surprise that the Red Army Tanks carry infantry so early in the war and readily, it is imperative as a Tank Commander that you opt for their help and protect them so that you do not get ordered to drive in parrallel/shooting gallery formation by the Commisariat! So all these T-34's go buttoned and now lacking cohesion without direct LOS to their unit commmander can be mopped up more easily by even two or three Panzers that need only remain unspotted to avoid the RAM! Oh boy. WAW is nice. No ramming is allowed and the infantry can spank tanks as well as in any SL-ASL scenario!!! and to boot I don't have to be within two hexes of my commanders tank at all times even during movement!!! thanks Matrix. Je T'aime. MindSpy

Post #: 1
- 1/18/2001 6:47:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Good to hear that, Mindspy. You are definitely catching SP fever. It is contagious, you know Mine is chronic! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 2
- 1/18/2001 8:22:00 AM   
troopie

And until you shoot at them every T-34 has Sovs sitting on it with PaPaShas and bombs. And they proceed to hose down your infantry. Leave it to the Rooskies to come up with reactive armour that shoots. troopie ------------------ Pamwe Chete

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 3
- 1/18/2001 8:39:00 AM   
MindSpy

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Good to hear that, Mindspy. You are definitely catching SP fever. It is contagious, you know Mine is chronic! Wild Bill
Hey Wild Bill Alas the only fear is that there is a cure on the horizon. Oh well perhaps the next computerrevolution will have a SP of it's own as well and then we shall probably see that we have become infected all over again. Guess i will be a known carrier then. Hey troopie Nah, the infantry tends to dismount once it is fired upon and in reality not every tank would carry a leg unit. And of course in traditional Russian tactics the HEROES would be required to march up to (run even) the enemy firing all their guns as they usually did. I don't think the Politburo would allow you to so cunningly place optimum weapons on the tank tops, unless of course you intend to be a brave soldier in this Patriotic War, Comrade? (That is not die when expected to-we can shoot you later ourselves!!) MindSpy

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Infantry, Tanks, 4.6, bummer. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI