Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MWiF 2.3.4, Adjust Tension Cost

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> MWiF 2.3.4, Adjust Tension Cost Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MWiF 2.3.4, Adjust Tension Cost - 1/29/2017 2:07:18 AM   
rkr1958

I get a form I've never seen before, "Amount to adjust tension cost", when I select a US entry option. At first I thought I had "Set die rolls" enable but I didn't. I finally figured out this form modified the tension level for the roll to determine whether or not a chit is moved from the entry to the tension pool. The "default" for the form when it appears is -3, so I believe I need to set this value to 0 to get the correct tension level. If I'm correct about all this then this form I expect will be confusing to a lot of users, me included, and with a default of -3, result in too few chits being moved from the entry to tension pool. That is, I believe the user has to actively set the value to 0 every time an option is chosen. I suspect this feature was left in by accident when the public beta was made.

Attachment (1)

Ronnie
Post #: 1
RE: MWiF 2.3.4, Adjust Tension Cost - 1/29/2017 2:09:07 AM   
rkr1958

game file.

Attachment (1)

Ronnie

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 2
RE: MWiF 2.3.4, Adjust Tension Cost - 1/29/2017 2:57:44 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

This is not a bug. If is a standard part of the game. However, it comes up infrequently since there are preconditions which must be satisfied before the US gets the option to adjust the tension cost. Depending on what is happening in the game via-a-vis the US Entry and Tension Pools, the US player may want to increase or decrease the die roll. That adjustment is done blind - before the die roll. The US gets to reset the value every time there is a US Entry roll (caused by a US Entry Option being selected.

If you have relocated a sufficient fleet to Pearl Harbor (see entry option 26) and the entry option is aimed at Japan, you can increase or decrease the tension cost by up to 3 before rolling the die.

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 1/29/2017 3:02:38 AM >

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 3
RE: MWiF 2.3.4, Adjust Tension Cost - 1/29/2017 3:19:50 AM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

This is not a bug. If is a standard part of the game. However, it comes up infrequently since there are preconditions which must be satisfied before the US gets the option to adjust the tension cost. Depending on what is happening in the game via-a-vis the US Entry and Tension Pools, the US player may want to increase or decrease the die roll. That adjustment is done blind - before the die roll. The US gets to reset the value every time there is a US Entry roll (caused by a US Entry Option being selected.

If you have relocated a sufficient fleet to Pearl Harbor (see entry option 26) and the entry option is aimed at Japan, you can increase or decrease the tension cost by up to 3 before rolling the die.

OK, thanks.

Ronnie

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> MWiF 2.3.4, Adjust Tension Cost Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI