Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AAA Patrols

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> AAA Patrols Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AAA Patrols - 6/3/2019 10:26:07 PM   
ddural

Mobile SAM units can only shoot while stationary. If I put SAM's in a patrol zone, Is there a way to get mobile SAM's to OODA stop and shoot, then start moving again? So they are not sitting ducks?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: AAA Patrols - 6/3/2019 11:20:24 PM   
Whicker

you could turn the mission on and off via an event with a time trigger. You can also have the radar be off while the mission is active and on when it is not I think.

(in reply to ddural)
Post #: 2
RE: AAA Patrols - 6/4/2019 3:19:20 AM   
ExNusquam

There are several good references for how to do Shoot-and-scoot SAMs if you use the search function: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4560384

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 3
RE: AAA Patrols - 6/4/2019 5:29:25 PM   
ddural

Thanks for the replies. I've played this a long time and I don't know how to do what you are talking about.I haven't tried how to do event triggers and am clueless about .lua

(in reply to ExNusquam)
Post #: 4
RE: AAA Patrols - 6/5/2019 12:22:32 PM   
kevinkins

Knowing the basics of events and their triggers go a long way in Command scenarios. One way to get started is to open up existing scenarios in the editor and browse through the events and see how they are set up. Scoring events that give the player points toward their final score are perhaps the most basic and once a designer understands those, the other types of events are only a bit more complicated. With lua, you can go a long way by just copy and pasting existing code. Some guys keep their own library of code to make things go easier. It does take time, but time well spent. It can be rewarding when your programed events actually defeats you in battle. We are here to help.

Kevin

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to ddural)
Post #: 5
RE: AAA Patrols - 6/6/2019 10:29:31 PM   
ddural

Thanks for the info. It's a good start.

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> AAA Patrols Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI