Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

.Col file - What do the numbers mean?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> .Col file - What do the numbers mean? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
.Col file - What do the numbers mean? - 2/1/2021 5:05:10 PM   
UnionWarDog

Hi guys,

What do these color numbers mean and how to you change the color to another color?

I get that the Main BG is the icon color, the BG is the area behind the symbol and the foreground is the symbol color but.....what in the world is this number combo? "2242390" Where do you find that? Is it the Red, Green, Blue color scheme or the Hue Sat Lum combo? That number is a complete mystery to me. Don't seem to find it in the manual either (old manual was for creating custom .bmp/.png Unit files).

Example date from a .Col file (Antietam scenario)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<GAME>
<ICONCOLOR>
<COLOR ID="0" MainBackground="2242390" Background="4612266" Foreground="15724527" Numbers="15527148"/>
<COLOR ID="1" MainBackground="21125" Background="8650752" Foreground="16777116" Numbers="15527148"/>
<COLOR ID="2" MainBackground="21125" Background="255" Foreground="16250871" Numbers="15527148"/>
<COLOR ID="3" MainBackground="21125" Background="16250871" Foreground="0" Numbers="43495"/>

BRD!
Post #: 1
RE: .Col file - What do the numbers mean? - 2/1/2021 5:09:13 PM   
Lobster

They really need to get rid of the word icon and use counter instead.

Go here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4385511

Good luck. Hope your head doesn't explode.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 2/1/2021 5:11:20 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to UnionWarDog)
Post #: 2
RE: .Col file - What do the numbers mean? - 2/2/2021 1:37:45 AM   
UnionWarDog

Holy Moly, Lobster! You aren't kidding. I printed that link to .pdf and saved it to read several times over. I'm finding as I'm getting older these helpful .pdf files really do the trick.

I did a test from Bob's Antietam blue color set and got it to work but...WOW!...is that a unique way to set a color. Good thing I've got some great editing tools and the MS Windows calculator.

Like you said, I'm finding some interesting landmines while trying to migrate some of my old TOAW3 concepts to create my new ACW TOAW4 scenario. step, step..click..*BOMB!*.. goes the surprises. :)

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 3
RE: .Col file - What do the numbers mean? - 2/3/2021 8:35:54 PM   
JTFox001

Don't forget if you give a unit a new colour ID it will effect how other formations interact with.

Cheers

There is only one principle of war and that's this.

Hit the other fellow, as quickly as you can, as hard as you can, where it hurts him most, when he ain't lookin'.

William Slim

(in reply to UnionWarDog)
Post #: 4
RE: .Col file - What do the numbers mean? - 2/3/2021 9:59:03 PM   
Lobster

Regardless of what you change the colors to, the original color is what the game will use. No way to change that.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to JTFox001)
Post #: 5
RE: .Col file - What do the numbers mean? - 2/3/2021 10:54:13 PM   
JTFox001

To be clear.

If you change <COLOR ID="0" MainBackground="2242390" Background="4612266" Foreground="15724527" Numbers="15527148"/> to a new MainBackgroud then it will only look different.

But if you change a unit's Colour ID number from "0" to "10" not only will it look different, the "Support Scope" for the formation the unit is in may mean, the cooperation level between this unit and a unit from another formation may change as well.

Cheers

There is only one principle of war and that's this.

Hit the other fellow, as quickly as you can, as hard as you can, where it hurts him most, when he ain't lookin'.

William Slim

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> .Col file - What do the numbers mean? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI