Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MC crashes to desktop on clean install

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> MC crashes to desktop on clean install Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MC crashes to desktop on clean install - 9/8/2001 11:19:00 PM   
Zorachus99

I bought MC DF and installed on my laptop. Everything was working fine. I had a power outage while playing, From then on, when I selected saved games or MC, SPWAW would crash to desktop. I uninstalled, deleted matrixgames folder, and reinstalled. Applied patch 5.3 and 6.1. MC still will crash to the desktop, ordinary WWII long campaign works fine though. I scanned the registry for Matrix and Steel, and deleted references to SPWAW and and tried again from the beginning, all to no avail. Am I missing something? Justin

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln
Post #: 1
- 9/9/2001 5:48:00 AM   
Supervisor

Delete the steel.prf file within the /save folder and make sure when the game starts it reads ver 6.1 at the bottom if not delete the mech.exe file within the main SPWAW folder and reapply the patch sometimes Windows doesn't always overwrite the old mech.exe file. Make sure you don't have a nested SPWAW folder within the main SPWAW folder (this happens often) if you do, copy everything up one folder into the main SPWAW folder and then delete the nested SPWAW folder. If you still encounter problems try running the game directly from the mech.exe file bypassing the autorun startup menu.

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 2
- 9/9/2001 11:49:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

A power outage to a running computer can cause file corruption on throughout the HD. You may have to reinstall *EVERYTHING* to avoi problems.

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> MC crashes to desktop on clean install Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI