Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PC version?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> RE: PC version? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PC version? - 6/15/2006 12:47:25 AM   
Punisher

Looks like Mark must be busy at work on this game because I have not seen him post on this board for a while. I guess that's a good sign that the game is moving along at a good pace? Lets pray for a Summer Release!!

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 91
RE: PC version? - 6/19/2006 11:23:17 PM   
pvthudson01

quote:

The look is all LnL, but with a twist. For example, we've done away with turret counters for CLnL, there are actually rotating turrets on the tanks. Also we have seriously reduced the number of admin counters. For example, there are no Fire or Mover counters. After a unit fires it is marked with a Fire icon (looks like a miniature Fire marker right now).

Here's a shot from the early beta. A word... yep those are BoH Germans. This game will have new ones, but we are in beta. And yes, this is a game in progress, on my desktop, not a doctored screenie.

Wow this looks really awesome Mark. Keep up the good work! I want to buy your boardgame badly but just cant justify since I have no one around here to play against. It would just collect dust and make me angry

But the PC version would be great!

Matrix Member since 2003!

(in reply to markhwalker)
Post #: 92
RE: PC version? - 6/21/2006 1:28:22 AM   
jeffthewookiee

quote:

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01

quote:

The look is all LnL, but with a twist. For example, we've done away with turret counters for CLnL, there are actually rotating turrets on the tanks. Also we have seriously reduced the number of admin counters. For example, there are no Fire or Mover counters. After a unit fires it is marked with a Fire icon (looks like a miniature Fire marker right now).

Here's a shot from the early beta. A word... yep those are BoH Germans. This game will have new ones, but we are in beta. And yes, this is a game in progress, on my desktop, not a doctored screenie.

Wow this looks really awesome Mark. Keep up the good work! I want to buy your boardgame badly but just cant justify since I have no one around here to play against. It would just collect dust and make me angry

But the PC version would be great!

I'm having a pretty good time playing the LnL board game solitaire...Lots of scenarios include 'event markers' which make unforeseen events happen, so it can be pretty exciting even by yourself.

(in reply to pvthudson01)
Post #: 93
RE: PC version? - 6/22/2006 1:10:51 PM   
markhwalker

quote:

I'm having a pretty good time playing the LnL board game solitaire...Lots of scenarios include 'event markers' which make unforeseen events happen, so it can be pretty exciting even by yourself.

First off, Wookieman... my apologies. I owe you an email. Things --as always-- are crazy here. I really like your music.

Second off, LnL the board game is EXTREMELY solitaire friendly. I guess I've played 90 times. and 60 of those have been solitaire. Even if you aren't a solitaire type, the game's VASSAL capability allows you to play online, with the game's complete graphical glory, against anyone in the world. Buy a copy, PVthudson, you'll not only enjoy it, but also assist in funding development of CLnL. Chicago, eh? How about that airliner's nose gear?

Third off... yeah, I have been very busy. I have several projects in the works. You guys will see just how busy by the end of July. You might want to keep an eye on www.locknloadgame.com

Best,

Mark

< Message edited by markhwalker -- 6/22/2006 1:11:49 PM >

(in reply to jeffthewookiee)
Post #: 94
RE: PC version? - 6/22/2006 4:24:54 PM   
jeffthewookiee

quote:

First off, Wookieman... my apologies. I owe you an email. Things --as always-- are crazy here. I really like your music.

Mark, no problem.

I really like your games!

quote:

Third off... yeah, I have been very busy. I have several projects in the works. You guys will see just how busy by the end of July. You might want to keep an eye on www.locknloadgame.com

Then let's get together soon and work out this music.

Jeff

< Message edited by jeffthewookiee -- 6/22/2006 4:25:50 PM >

Post #: 95
RE: PC version? - 6/30/2006 5:01:05 PM   
raydude

I haven't checked in to the Lock 'n Load news for a while and now I see there's going to be a PC version! Hurrah! I'm in for this one. Can't wait to see what other ideas Mark has hiding up his sleeve. An LnL expansion for CATs and Futuristic Fighting Forces perhaps? ;)

Post #: 96
RE: PC version? - 7/2/2006 1:43:03 PM   
markhwalker

quote:

An LnL expansion for CATs and Futuristic Fighting Forces perhaps? ;)

You'll get to read all about CATs in about five weeks. My novel, A CRaving for Blood, is at the publishers.

Best,

Mark

(in reply to raydude)
Post #: 97
RE: PC version? - 7/2/2006 5:28:28 PM   
Punisher

Hey Mark how about some Happy 4th of July LNL screen shots for us?

Thanks!

Post #: 98
RE: PC version? - 7/3/2006 12:33:09 AM   
crackerjack747

I'm interested in purchasing BoH but with a PC version already in the works I wonder why spend the money now???

Cheers,

Brad

(in reply to Punisher)
Post #: 99
RE: PC version? - 7/3/2006 12:48:22 AM   
jeffthewookiee

quote:

ORIGINAL: crackerjack747

I'm interested in purchasing BoH but with a PC version already in the works I wonder why spend the money now???

Cheers,

Brad

Still good to have the board game version around. For one thing, it looks good in your collection. For another, you'll never have to worry about it being compatible with the latest version of Windows. And of course there's that wonderful feeling of actually being able to move the pieces yourself...

(in reply to crackerjack747)
Post #: 100
RE: PC version? - 7/3/2006 3:00:29 PM   
crackerjack747

Wookiee - I totally agree with you on the 'feeling' of actually being able to move the pieces.  Maybe I'm old fashioned???

I had thought some one said that they expected the computer version of LnL to go beyond the board game i.e. they wouldn't be compatible....

Post #: 101
RE: PC version? - 7/3/2006 7:41:26 PM   
jeffthewookiee

quote:

ORIGINAL: crackerjack747

Wookiee - I totally agree with you on the 'feeling' of actually being able to move the pieces. Maybe I'm old fashioned???

I had thought some one said that they expected the computer version of LnL to go beyond the board game i.e. they wouldn't be compatible....

I'm actually pretty...errr... new-fashioned? I'm one of the weird ones who started playing computer wargames and moved back to playing board ones. Room for all kinds in my collection!!!

(in reply to crackerjack747)
Post #: 102
RE: PC version? - 7/4/2006 4:23:24 PM   
markhwalker

Well, there's also the social aspect of boardgames. It's something the PC sorely misses. I still love board games, console games are second (because they do include the social aspect... I can play them on the couch with the family), and PC games third.

CLnL is the same game as LnL, yes the PC enhances it, but it's the same game.

Best,

Mark

< Message edited by markhwalker -- 7/4/2006 4:24:50 PM >

Post #: 103
RE: PC version? - 7/4/2006 5:40:26 PM   
markhwalker

Post #: 104
RE: PC version? - 7/4/2006 5:41:54 PM   
markhwalker

A fresh screen showing a new map and opne of the interesting features of CLnL... a story.

Happy Independence Day, America!

Post #: 105
RE: PC version? - 7/4/2006 6:01:29 PM   
Marc von Martial

Hehehe, I allready found a typo. One of the most prominent ones Yanks allaways do. It is "Mein Gott!"

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 7/4/2006 6:03:26 PM >

Post #: 106
RE: PC version? - 7/5/2006 2:03:40 PM   
markhwalker

Thanks, Marc. One of the many advantages of having a German art director.

Yesterday's game broke my heart. Grosso's (is that right?) goal was, however, amazing.

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 107
RE: PC version? - 7/13/2006 5:43:00 AM   
Punisher

Wow this game looks better every time I see a new screen shot! Interesting cut scenes, adds a little personal touch to the campaign. Keep the screen shots coming Mark!!!

Post #: 108
RE: PC version? - 7/13/2006 7:24:43 AM   
pvthudson01

I am going to pick up a copy of the board game at GenCon

(in reply to Punisher)
Post #: 109
RE: PC version? - 7/13/2006 12:46:21 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01

I am going to pick up a copy of the board game at GenCon

You can have a signed copy then

Post #: 110
RE: PC version? - 7/14/2006 9:50:37 AM   
Hentzau

quote:

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

Visions of "Combat!", "Rat Patrol", and Sgt. Rock.

Post #: 111
RE: PC version? - 7/14/2006 2:25:37 PM   
Bradley62

This could be a lot of fun with a good "sim" factor going for it.

I have a suggestion and it will seem silly. But I read somewhere here why we enjoyed the board games because we could move the game pieces themselves. More hands on than a computer game. But it might more immersive to have the mouse arrow replaced with a human hand. Larger than what you would see in Adobe software but would grab or clinch the game counters/pieces. That would make the game even more immersive.

Giving a sound to the pieces as you shuffle and move them around the board. And then when the battles ensues the weapons sounds would kick in and add yet another dimension. The more I think about the more this game excites.

(in reply to Hentzau)
Post #: 112
RE: PC version? - 7/16/2006 8:36:06 PM   
pvthudson01

quote:

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

Second off, LnL the board game is EXTREMELY solitaire friendly. I guess I've played 90 times. and 60 of those have been solitaire. Even if you aren't a solitaire type, the game's VASSAL capability allows you to play online, with the game's complete graphical glory, against anyone in the world. Buy a copy, PVthudson, you'll not only enjoy it, but also assist in funding development of CLnL. Chicago, eh? How about that airliner's nose gear?

ROFL

Oh man Mark I just caught that ha ha ha!

Well I hope to see you at GenCon and dont take any of our planes, just use the train! I am posting up a storm on my boards trying to get some interest in LnL I hope it really takes off for you

Get it? heh heh

Post #: 113
RE: PC version? - 7/19/2006 4:43:21 PM   
markhwalker

quote:

we enjoyed the board games because we could move the game pieces themselves.

I think that is all part of what we (gamers in general) call immersion. Beautiful counters, engaging play. We are mixing traditional board games and the power of the computer. I think you are going to like the results.

Best,

Mark

Post #: 114
RE: PC version? - 7/28/2006 11:39:31 PM   
Punisher

Hello Mark,
Any news to how the development stages are going. Maybe a new screen shot to keep us going....

Post #: 115
RE: PC version? - 8/9/2006 11:28:34 AM   
CptWaspLuca

Hi, I'm back... after a very interesting year, the birth of my first child (Massimo) and some nice playing with LnL! This PC version is a wonderful project, Mark you are always the best! I just reviewed Conquest of the Aegean for NetWargamingItalia, I think I will review your game too :) I hope very soon!

< Message edited by CptWasp -- 8/9/2006 11:29:24 AM >

Cpt.Wasp

Member of the NWI staff (http://www.netwargamingitalia.net/)
Proud co-founder of Balena Ludens
(http://www.balenaludens.it/)

(in reply to Punisher)
Post #: 116
RE: PC version? - 8/13/2006 5:31:57 PM   
ravinhood

Moving the board game pieces around the maps gave a chesslike feeling when playing them. Computer games take away that feeling. We could pick them up and shuffle thru them calculating odds, Computer games take away that. We could soak off and use one unit to attack several while the main body of the stack exploited the rest of the defenses weakest unit in the stack and either eliminated it or disrupted it and or made it retreat., I haven't seen that in a computer game yet. We could always admire as a WHOLE the colorfulness of all the units included in the game. Squad Leader comes to mind here. Just opening a box and seeing the sheet of units of various types and colors was an exciting moment. Also the "glossy" maps (lol I guess this was the eye candy of board games). I have yet to see anyone create the glossy map look in a computer wargame, let, alone the counters as well. Of course overtime the counters lost their gloss from too many fingerprints. lol
And most of all the die roll(s), the computer took that away from us also. In fact nowadays the computer takes just about everything away except "command decisions" like HTTR/COTA type games. I really dislike this movement into hands off play. Glad Marks game here is giving it back. ;) So hurry up Mark I've been waiting for the Squad Leader type game for too long now. ;)

(in reply to CptWaspLuca)
Post #: 117
RE: PC version? - 8/17/2006 7:22:34 AM   
benpark

When does computer Ln'L get it's own forum?

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 118
RE: PC version? - 9/3/2006 2:29:38 PM   
markhwalker

quote:

When does computer Ln'L get it's own forum?

Probably never, what's wrong with this?

quote:

the computer took that away from us also

TB computer games have been on a dead-end road for the past seven years. Folks continue to do things because "it's way that 'worked' before" and wonder why stuff like Company of Heroes will sell 750,000 copies while TB stuff sells 7500 (a good game). I'll give you a hint, all 750,000 copies won't sell just because the game is pretty. There's story, energy, excitement... most of which as NOT present in todays TB stuff.

Best,

Mark

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 119
RE: PC version? - 9/3/2006 11:18:27 PM   
Punisher

Hey Guys no need for a new forum for the New LNL Computer game HERE is where Mark has been hanging out and responding to questions about LNL->

http://www.locknloadgame.com/forum1/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> RE: PC version? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI