Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 4/27/2006 3:32:25 AM   
Zap

I agree with you woodin, a beer and pretzels game. Not much of an AI. Hidden units was basically the AI for this game. Once, you used your officers to use their enhanced line of sight you just picked off the enemy one by one. They just stood their and let you shoot at them.

Though I still played the game a lot. At the time I was unaware of better games available.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 91
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 8/25/2006 6:31:41 AM   
Dave Vicks

PANZER COMMAND by Victory Games.

]

Needs to upgrade  counter graphics.

< Message edited by Dave Vicks -- 8/25/2006 6:34:35 AM >

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 92
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 8/25/2006 7:11:18 PM   
ladner

quote:

ORIGINAL: EatenByGrues

How about the old holistic games? Emperor of the Fading Suns, and Final Liberation etc. That would be awesome. I'm pretty sure Holisitc doesn't make computer games anymore, so EFS would be fairly easy. Final Liberation is tied to the Warhammer 40k licences, so not sure about that.

Add another vote for an Emperor of the Fading Suns remake. A truly remarkable game just begging for a remake. It has a unique setting, and a lot of atmosphere and from the original I would recommend keeping the music score, some of the best game music I have ever heard.

(in reply to EatenByGrues)
Post #: 93
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 8/25/2006 7:26:46 PM   
Bossy573

quote:

ORIGINAL: pauk

Road to Moscow

Yes! I'll bet Matrix could make something of this idea. If I remember correctly, the developers stated after it had gone to vaporware status that they just couldn't make the AI work. Perhaps with hardware having taken such a gigantic leap forward it could work now?

I would also love to see CCIII re-done with a better campaign structure and vastly improved AI.

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 94
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 8/25/2006 8:04:19 PM   
Syagrius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Vaughan

Master of Magic - loved that game (Ciz with a fantasy setting and RPG elements for those of you who haven't played it) .....

Yep, MoM was a very fun game, I can see a company like Stardock or Firaxis making a sequel.

(in reply to Marc Vaughan)
Post #: 95
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 8/25/2006 9:31:46 PM   
prof

In no particular order, Bomb Alley would go well in the WinP WPO system,  X-Com, just because they were  great games.  Stars, maybe the most addictive space explotation game ever, Chaos Gate, a marvelous game in the Warhammer world, and Master of Magic, just an enjoyable game.

All Gaul is divided into three parts; igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary.

(in reply to Syagrius)
Post #: 96
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 8/25/2006 10:04:03 PM   
SireChaos

Carriers at War / Great Naval Battles / Carrier Strike

I´d love to see a game with reasonably modern graphics (more or less the level of UV and WitP), the air combat model of either CaW or CS and the surface combat (especially ship damage) model of GNB 2-5. I mean, the ship damage model of UV/WiTP isn´t bad, but that of GNB is *great*.

Red Sky at Morning

Does anyone else know this game - WW3 at sea, world wide. The graphics sucked (indeed, it didn´t *have* any graphics) but it was still one hell of a wargame.

(in reply to prof)
Post #: 97
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 8/30/2006 6:02:34 AM   
watchtower

Blimey!! This thread still going??

I started this in about october 1756 just before tiffin

We had a game called "Chess" how about redo of that - spice it up a bit - it's a bit boring as only the clever people win.

< Message edited by watchtower -- 8/30/2006 6:10:33 AM >

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 98
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 8/30/2006 6:26:39 AM   
TheHellPatrol

1) Fantasy General
2) Warlords 3: Darklords Rising for XP

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to watchtower)
Post #: 99
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 8/30/2006 8:22:26 AM   
jvgfanatic

quote:

ORIGINAL: prof

In no particular order, Bomb Alley would go well in the WinP WPO system, X-Com, just because they were great games. Stars, maybe the most addictive space explotation game ever, Chaos Gate, a marvelous game in the Warhammer world, and Master of Magic, just an enjoyable game.

Just an FYI (if you didn't already know), the developers of X-Com are far from asleep. They released a little gem of a tactics game for the Gameboy Advance called Rebelstar Tactical Command and I believe they also have a new(ish) PC title called Laser Squad Nemesis. LSN may be online only if I remember correctly, it's been over a year since I read about it so I'm likely mistaken.

Edit: I should say I found neither of those games as enjoyable as X-Com (the first one) but they are decent in their own rights.

< Message edited by jvgfanatic -- 8/30/2006 8:24:17 AM >

(in reply to prof)
Post #: 100
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 9/26/2006 9:04:25 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: watchtower

As matrix have grabbed the talonsoft stuff - what next?

For me.

Sid's Colonization, Jagged alliance 2, great battles, sid's Gettysburg, Wizards crown SSi(?).......ooh i could go on and on

Well Sid himself has said that a remake of Colonization is something he has some interest in doing down the road, and tbh I would prefer it to be Sid made rather than Matrix made. Sorry but Sid is to gaming what Elvis is to music...

I would like (as previously mentioned in here) to see Civil War Generals 3 made. And I would not mind a PC version of the board game Britannia either.

(in reply to watchtower)
Post #: 101
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 9/27/2006 11:50:06 PM   
AndyfromVA1

How about a remake of the entire 5-star series (except Star General), Panzer General 1 and 2, Fantasy General, Allied General, Pacific General and Peoples General.

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 102
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 9/28/2006 1:00:52 AM   
watchtower

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: watchtower

As matrix have grabbed the talonsoft stuff - what next?

For me.

Sid's Colonization, Jagged alliance 2, great battles, sid's Gettysburg, Wizards crown SSi(?).......ooh i could go on and on

Well Sid himself has said that a remake of Colonization is something he has some interest in doing down the road, and tbh I would prefer it to be Sid made rather than Matrix made. Sorry but Sid is to gaming what Elvis is to music...

I would like (as previously mentioned in here) to see Civil War Generals 3 made. And I would not mind a PC version of the board game Britannia either.

Sid redux of Colonization -- oooh dribble, froth, etc

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 103
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 9/28/2006 8:34:04 AM   
ShermanM4

quote:

Sid redux of Colonization -- oooh dribble, froth, etc

Ill second that! What was the one that came out afterward where you settled Mars or the Moon? I liked that one too.

"Perserverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages."

~General George Washington

(in reply to watchtower)
Post #: 104
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 9/28/2006 11:08:32 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: ShermanM4

Ill second that! What was the one that came out afterward where you settled Mars or the Moon? I liked that one too.

Alpha Centauri?

(in reply to ShermanM4)
Post #: 105
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 9/28/2006 9:56:59 PM   
ShermanM4

quote:

Alpha Centauri?

Oh, now I remember, it was the one where you settled Alpha Centauri. I just wish I could think of the name.

"Perserverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages."

~General George Washington

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 106
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 10/1/2006 3:33:56 AM   
MPHopcroft1

One of the reasons Avalnche Press refused to permit AdC templates opr Cyberboard gameboxes for any of their titles was the forelorn hope that they could license them to the PC market. Still, they do have some titles that would make dandy PC games, such as the Great War at Sea series and its sequel The Second World War at Sea series, and Solider Kings (a grand-strategic treatment of the Seven Years' War).

It's hard for me to suggest any of the other Avalenche titles that come to mind, simply because they would compete with games Matrix is already doing on the same subjects.

Likewise, while it would be lovely to translate the whole Advanced Squad Leader scene onto the PC, or that of its rival Advance Tobruk, that too may be reinvinting a wheel Matrix is already working on.

One thing I would like to see is an American Civil War game siimilar in strategic scope to SPI's War Between the States monster game. Only on the PC would such a game be truly practical.

And, on a completely unrelated note, I would find a computer version of the old AH classic Statis Pro Basketball more than a little cool

"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin

(in reply to TracGunny)
Post #: 107
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 10/2/2006 5:46:32 AM   
jchastain

There have been several grand strategy WWII titles, but I still haven't seen one in recent years that I enjoy as well as Clash of Steel. There is an article posted (I am not the author) that sums up some of the better features pretty well.

http://www.grognard.com/info1/steel.pdf

If Matrix doesn't buy and republish it, I wish someone would adopt some of the better concepts from the game.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 108
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 10/2/2006 5:50:30 AM   
SMK-at-work

Fighter Command and USAAF by SSI
the old "Battlefront" series by SSG - McArthur's War, etc

(in reply to TracGunny)
Post #: 109
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 10/21/2006 6:14:46 PM   
junk2drive

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bossy573

I would also love to see CCIII re-done with a better campaign structure and vastly improved AI.

Who knew?

What the heck is left?

(in reply to Bossy573)
Post #: 110
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 10/28/2006 3:36:47 PM   
Alfredo1138

How about SSI's Panzer General series?

(in reply to watchtower)
Post #: 111
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 10/28/2006 8:16:59 PM   
m10bob

Without hesitation, do not pass go nor collect $200 without acquiring "Age of Rifles"..

(in reply to Alfredo1138)
Post #: 112
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 10/29/2006 1:45:59 PM   
CptWaspLuca

Please Matrix, give us a new versione of Flight Commander 2!!! or somithing similar...
PLEASE!

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 113
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 10/29/2006 11:38:23 PM   
dudalb_slith

Another vote for Age Of Rifles.
And those of you who want CAW: your wish is granted. Check on the thread in Upcoming games.
Someone said they were having problems with Imperailism on a post 95 windows system.
If you are talking XP,it runs fine if you use the Windows 95 emulaltiion mode.
All the Sudden Strikes run fine on XP if you can get past the STarforce problem.

(in reply to CptWaspLuca)
Post #: 114
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 10/30/2006 6:01:38 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

Not to wanting to upset anyones dreams but I wanted to let you know that the older games we picked up were not luckly picks.  These titles we selected for gaming and perosnally reasons. Matrix Games is not in the business of just making remakes.  We release many new designs and we plan to keep doing that.  The games we picked up were because we really enjoyed playing them. Many of the community are still playing them. We feel strongly that there is a lot of gaming life left in these games.  These games were left on the side of the road do to business issues and not because any of these games had passed their prime.  We also feel that not every game needs to be in 3D to be modern or fun.

If community response is any proof then we hit the nail on the head. Once again keep the post coming and keep watching you never know what we do next. 

David

< Message edited by David Heath -- 10/30/2006 6:09:45 PM >

(in reply to dudalb_slith)
Post #: 115
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 10/31/2006 2:49:40 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

Hi Guys

Not to wanting to upset anyones dreams but I wanted to let you know that the older games we picked up were not luckly picks.  These titles we selected for gaming and perosnally reasons. Matrix Games is not in the business of just making remakes.  We release many new designs and we plan to keep doing that.  The games we picked up were because we really enjoyed playing them. Many of the community are still playing them. We feel strongly that there is a lot of gaming life left in these games.  These games were left on the side of the road do to business issues and not because any of these games had passed their prime.  We also feel that not every game needs to be in 3D to be modern or fun.

If community response is any proof then we hit the nail on the head. Once again keep the post coming and keep watching you never know what we do next. 

David

yeah, but..........................Age of MATRIX Rifles ??????

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 116
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 10/31/2006 8:09:43 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

So, David, exactly how many times do we have to say AGE OF RIFLES?

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 117
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 10/31/2006 8:49:43 PM   
Vyshka

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Custer

Flight Commander II-- I still play this one. I do not believe much chance of this being available to Matrix but the addition of helicoptors, better air-to ground modeling, and air- to- ship modeling, as well as, some improvements in the campaign area would make make an amazing game even better.

Just reinstalled this myself.

I think this can still be found on Battlefront's ftp site. I take that back, only the mission builder is on there now.

< Message edited by Vyshka -- 10/31/2006 8:54:12 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 118
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 11/1/2006 10:18:13 PM   
ravinhood

"WAR OF THE LANCE" ....David Heath! ;)

(in reply to Vyshka)
Post #: 119
RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next - 11/2/2006 6:56:16 AM   
Maliki

Here is one of the wall choice..

BattleMasters.Awesome game .

"..if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away."

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI