Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about Movement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Birth of America >> Question about Movement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about Movement - 2/15/2007 7:00:22 PM   
genie144

So I am playing as the colonials, and moved to setup a combined assault on the british that had just relanded and captured Boston. I move a medium army (3-5 green dots) into a surrrounding territory in order to combine with my much larger army (4-9 green dots) (don't remember exactly). The british launch a dragoon unit from boston. My small army meets and kills. Small army is waiting for large army to meet to combine. The british then send out the entire army sans a regiment or two. They run into my small army and beat them to a draw. My small army moves away to lick its wounds, the british follow. Same thing happens, beat my army to a draw, my army retreats. The british follow. Same thing happens, retreats back to original territory. Is then soundly beat and scattered to the winds. Then my large army shows up. More green dots than the orange dots of the british. And after the first battle is soundly defeated and scattered.

My question is two fold. How is the AI allowed to chase my army across the map? And secondly, how come my larger army in better condition (color of dots) was scattered after 1 battle whle my smaller army survived 3 total battles before being scattered?

Just to avoid some confusion - this was 1 turn. So the question I guess is how is the AI allowed to "follow" my army.

Sam
Post #: 1
RE: Question about Movement - 2/15/2007 8:53:40 PM   
Pocus

same as you, it was on interception against your smaller army and as long as you was detected was allowed to move toward you.

AGEOD Team

(in reply to genie144)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about Movement - 2/15/2007 10:49:27 PM   
genie144

Hmmm,  I will have to figure out when I get my computer back up and running if I can reload the saved turn.  For some reason I was thinking the army was split off from a garrison of New York that turn.

I hadn't thought about that, thank you Pocus.  I have to say, that although I am not a huge fan of the game, the AI is amazing.  That is really the only reason I play it.  I don't have a bunch of time to dedicate to gaming anymore, but something about not being able to beat a game bothers me.  :)

Sam

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about Movement - 2/16/2007 4:07:41 AM   
jimkehn

I won't say you won't be able to beat the AI. But I can guarantee one thing.
You'll have fun trying.

(in reply to genie144)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about Movement - 2/16/2007 6:16:05 PM   
Pocus

Great thanks for your words, it pays back the hours of sweat trying to make something of this stupid mass of electrons   (and I think I can do better for the ACW game)

AGEOD Team

(in reply to jimkehn)
Post #: 5
RE: Question about Movement - 2/16/2007 11:15:34 PM   
saintsup

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pocus

it was on interception against your smaller army and as long as you was detected was allowed to move toward you.

How do you do that ?

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 6
RE: Question about Movement - 2/16/2007 11:43:31 PM   
anarchyintheuk

Just pick up your stack and place upon the stack that you want to intercept. You'll see something that says 'general x will attempt to intercept general y'.

(in reply to saintsup)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Birth of America >> Question about Movement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI