Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Time is running out...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> RE: Time is running out... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Time is running out... - 5/15/2007 7:09:40 PM   
Gil R.

Yes, Eric knows about the double-LU's problem. I think today is even the day he's tackling it.

It happens because some LU's are specifically written into the scenario datafiles (Sykes' Regulars will ALWAYS appear in the July scenario, since they were at Bull Run), but the game doesn't know this so it sometimes randomly creates those same LU's during a muster or build, or as starter LU's in the first turn.

Since, according to its bio, the Washington Artillery was the only unit to be split in two and have part serving in both theaters, it would be sort of neat if there were an exception for this, but that's probably not worth the extra effort.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 31
RE: Time is running out... - 5/17/2007 8:50:29 PM   
Callahan

I just noticed that I can`t build structures or units in Washington via the "city list" menu. It probably has something to do with there not being a governor for Washington, since I had the same problem with Missouri during the first turns. After a governor for Missouri was elected, everything went fine.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 32
RE: Time is running out... - 5/17/2007 9:05:26 PM   
Walloc

Callahan,

I think ur right since i noticed same after the patch where in read me it said that u now cant build by city list if u havent governours to remove cheating like builds in Virginia.

Good news is that u can buy in Washington if u go to city prodction by map.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

(in reply to Callahan)
Post #: 33
RE: Time is running out... - 5/17/2007 9:28:22 PM   
Callahan

Yes, that`s how I do it. On the bright side, there`s one backstabbing governor less to sabotage my war effort (like the governor of Kansas, who`s sitting in his sandbox crying for a Mfg. Center and opposing weapons research).

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 34
RE: Time is running out... - 5/17/2007 9:42:02 PM   
Walloc

Try play CSA side in historic pbem and have 5 governours ask for mfg centers and 1 for a iron work!!!

Btw this will be changed for CSA in gold patch.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

(in reply to Callahan)
Post #: 35
RE: Time is running out... - 5/17/2007 10:38:24 PM   
General Quarters

quote:

ORIGINAL: Callahan

I just noticed that I can`t build structures or units in Washington via the "city list" menu. It probably has something to do with there not being a governor for Washington, since I had the same problem with Missouri during the first turns. After a governor for Missouri was elected, everything went fine.

I often find that clicking the usual spot on the City List menu doesn't work for Wash DC but if I click over to the left where its name appears, I can often open it and build from there.

(in reply to Callahan)
Post #: 36
RE: Time is running out... - 5/18/2007 12:06:16 AM   
cesteman

Question about what the current version is available. I assume 1.9.16 is the most up to date beta? I hear people referring to 1.9.1d. Last question is in regards to a CSA LU unit wheat's Tigers having Sharps rifles. I thought the LU Sharp's Regiment was supposed to have this special rifle. Thanks.

(in reply to General Quarters)
Post #: 37
RE: Time is running out... - 5/18/2007 12:40:53 AM   
Erik Rutins

1.9.16d is the most recent public beta.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to cesteman)
Post #: 38
RE: Time is running out... - 5/18/2007 12:42:00 AM   
cesteman

alright, thanks for the info. Any idea about the second part of my comment? Thanks.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 39
RE: Time is running out... - 5/18/2007 4:07:23 AM   
Gil R.

I just checked the relevant files, and Wheat's Tigers start with Firearm#5, Richmond Muskets. If they have Sharps Rifles in someone's game that means they must have picked them up after a battle.

(in reply to cesteman)
Post #: 40
RE: Time is running out... - 5/18/2007 12:55:54 PM   
cesteman

OK, I was playing the coming fury balanced scenario when I noticed this. The only battle was the first off at Bull Run. The USA Sharps Regulars had mini rilfes when I looked about a year later. Maybe they kicked their butts in the battle and picked them on there.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> RE: Time is running out... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI