Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: How to mess up japan, course 101

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 - 5/18/2007 6:56:07 PM   
Sardaukar

Flash News !!

After collapse of Imperial Japanese War Cabinet, Emperor has nominated Prime Minister Sardaukar to succeed Prime Minister Rob in all matters of War and Peace, as well as to act as Commander-in-Chief of Imperial Japanese Forces.

More to follow!

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 61
RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 - 6/22/2007 8:03:34 AM   
donnie_1974_texas

Flash News 2!

In a surprising turn of events, a counter coup has been launched...Rob has been returned to power, but, alas, only as a figurehead (hence why we have to keep his name on the AAR...it's good for morale...). Of course, behind the scenes...

Rob I hope you don't mind me simply just picking up on your AAR as it goes?!?!

So, new to PBEM for the most part (at least with WitP) but not so new to WitP. We're playing Big B's mod (which I like) and I am Japan.

Rob has an interesting setup to take over. It will take some time for me to get a handle on where everything is at - not so much the Japanese side of things - but where the Allied stuff is at. Lots of light probing with the Japanese Air Force right now. Killed a few of his birds but found a nasty surprise at Changsha - yeppers, at least one group of the AVG sitting there. Knocked out 24 Oscars...House rule about no zeros basically in China so we'll have to wait until later in 42 to deal with this problem...

On other fronts, well Rabaul is secured as well as Singapore and Hong Kong. Some troops Rob had set in route made it into Bataan. This pretty well locks all the Allied troops in Luzon where they stand (Manila, Clark, and Bataan). From the looks of things - Clark has maybe 60,000, Manila maybe 50,000 and Bataan just two units. We have plans to finish all of these guys off and free up 4 divisions for some operations.

Some recon and air raids indicates that Java may be pretty well fortified. With the resource centers there it will be a tough nut to crack. There are currently four divisions and four mixed brigades available for operations in the DEI. Unsure of how we want to play this just yet but I will get back to you with plans soon - I have experimented with a few things in WitP so we will put a few into play and see what shakes out.

I know the US Pac Fleet is out there somewhere as Rob hit Singapore early and pretty well sent most major naval forces in the DEI to the bottom (good move!). My guess is the US CV's are down in the S Pac covering Port Moresby and the BBs are probably floating around Pearl/Midway with maybe a couple already positioned towards North Australia. Having not hit Pearl before this is the logical deployment option as it is generally a little too early for the US to grab a central Pacific island. We are moving reinforcements into Wake, Marcus, Iwo and the Marianas regardless as this is necessary anyway you cut it.

I am considering hitting Noumeau as it causes the Allied supply convoys to Aus to swing further south. Rob established a good base at Lunga and the airfield is expanding.

On the Russian front - moving some troops around, forts outside of bases take a long time to build but they are highly useful in delaying the enemy advance. Minus well get started early.

China - in Big B, interior China is a mess to capture. However, the Japanese do need to secure their supply lines into Central China to establish a good defensive perimeter. When 1944 rolls around you don't want Chinese airbases close to the coastline to allow medium bombers access to Formosa and Kyushu.

Big B Mod in general - air to air is pretty fair, at least for the early war. A few bombers almost always tend to get through so be careful those of you who are new to it that you have good AA and as in history, don't expect to go galavanting around with impunity with the KB and not get an occasional leaker...Rob found that with Hiryu it looks like, she is sitting in Tokyo repairing what looks like a little hole in the flight deck...

JA economy - turned off repairs on a lot of r/d aircraft for now. There will be plenty of time to turn those back on and right now we need supply. Dropped a few merchant yards as well to halt. Let's build up a little HI and we have plenty of MSPs right now anyway. Oil stocks are at 1.2 mln.

In general on WitP - this is a game, as most wars are, about logistics. Yes, the logistics model is a just a wee little bit goofed up in some regards, but, when you get down to it, it's about moving the supplies and fuel to where you need it before you need it and preventing the other guy from doing the same.

More to come once I figure out what all the green things on the map really are and what all the red things are up to...

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 62
RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 - 6/22/2007 8:12:44 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

Hi donnie

Yup your more than welcome to carry on with the counter coup . I'll happily be a figurehead here .. hehe

I am posting and reading on Aztez AAR too so i will not reveal anything to either side. I will however as it comes back to me let you know what i've been upto and future ops etc .. i.e why some of the ground units have 'odd' prep points.

The first one that springs to mind are (one div?) in canton prepping for the chinese city under siege in the SE of central china (forget the name ) .. was planning on walking it round (china command restriction). I think that theres also a SE Asia dic still in canton that i have been unable to move out due to the chinese threat.

Also speaking of china i'd planned to 'make' a front line by clearing out the interiour behind the current lines (as it looks like your to anyway). BEWARE though of attacking chinese front cities as i 'think' this releases more static chinese defenders. My modus operandi in china was do-not-attack-a-city-unless-its going to fall. As for the china air .. flying from formosa to hit the isolated chinese cities is good training . and safe from chinese AF reprisal.

Glad to hear that the PI is now stuck in place. the increased troops in big'bs mod came as a nasty suprise. can't see how japan can take the PI (even in 3 hexes) without hammering all the supply . So with that in mind a LOT of port/AF attacks to cull the supply.
The PI will imo take some time to crush.

The freed up troops in malaya i hadnt decided on what to do with them either other than get them to singapore and get new men/reduce fatigue and morale etc. should be plenty of shipping nearby.

the KB raid on noumea (with some floatplanes on recon ) gave a grave assesment of troops numbers in Noumea. No idea about luganville though. My advice would be to make sure 100% by recon (emily from lunga ?) that noumea is weak before even trying for it . At least one Div (in truk iirc) prepping for PM .. wanted to rush grab it before building up Lae etc ( i.e suprise covered by KB)

SW and Cenrtal Pac .. with no CV's anywhere close, japan did next to nothing here (ran supplies in and sent eng to wake and
eniwetok and tarawa ) but thats it.

If your familiar to Big B's mod the you'll know this already BUT if you aren't as i wasn't then AC ranges are drastically altered.
hiryu 'would' have been safe in stock .. BUT .. i hate holes in my CV's (however small).

If i recall anything else i'll let you know ..

ooh ooh .. paruashiro jiro (top kurile island).. sent in iirc eng and base force to build up forts (not the AF/Port) so its a secret build up and no announcements till decent forts constructed. Might help bounce any raider attacks as it does look weak.

Good luck , and if you don't mind I'll be popping in with irrelevant advice and bad strategy

Japanese industry .. never did understand this in all honesty. BUT i thought that R@D factries do not use HI points or supply ??
I think i swopped out all the 'useless' a/c and concentrated on better transports and float planes etc. bunmped up a few smaller
factories too.

Right my heads empty (finally).. have fun !

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to donnie_1974_texas)
Post #: 63
RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 - 6/23/2007 6:41:02 AM   
donnie_1974_texas

2/27/42

Okay. Things are starting to sort out now. Taking over a game in the Japanese offensive period can really cause you some headaches trying to figure out where everything is and is going, not to mention where the other guy's stuff is!

Some Oscars got eaten up over Changsha by the AVG last turn. Nice thing is that it looks like a lot of pilots survived. This turn, well, the AVG sweeped back. Losses were about 3:1 in favor of them with lots of damaged P40s reported though. Some additional fighters (including the 8 Ki-44s) were flow in as well as some Helens and Sallys for a little airfield raid back at Changsha. Maybe we will catch some of those P40s on the ground...

B17s pounded my airfield at Kuching in Borneo and smashed about a dozen Nells and Betty's on the ground.

Overall in the last two days, counting the AVG raid and losses on the ground (about 20 plus planes) we lost about 60 planes to his 15-20. Not a good count.... However, I think I have a pretty good feel for his forces now in Burma, the DEI, North Oz, and China. My trusty notepad is full of scribbles as we identify forces and plot them on my hand map.

Some interesting operations are pending. I have freed another division in Japan plus a brigade and a tank regiment that are heading to the PI with some artillery.

In the DEI, forces landed at Jambi just north of Palembang. I am toying with the idea of not seizing Palembang right now as if I do, I am pretty sure those B17s at Batavia will hit the oil fields.

In Burma, we're reporting 21 units in Mandalay (ouch!). LRCAP shot down 8 Dakota's up to no good there. Nice little surprise for Aztez.

I'll post some screen shots next turn of the Solomon's and the DEI.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 64
Action in the DEI - 6/23/2007 10:50:50 PM   
donnie_1974_texas

Allright, Aztez broke my blockade of his troops in North China.

A large reinforcement for the PI has landed at San Marcellino, I expect them in action around Clark in 4-5 days for an assault. Aztez's AV has been dropping from continual raids by 200 Sally's and bombardment by my troops. Manila - that will be a tougher nut to crack.

DEI:
------

Things are heating up here. A small carrier TF snuck in south of Java and hit a convoy that Aztez says was carrying civilians evacuating from Batavia and Soerbaja, ok, ok. 2 AKs and a PG have been confirmed sunk.

We sent our carrier TF to within 6 hexes of Tjiltap and lost contact. So, we split our TF, sending a CA southwest with float planes on search and a CS southeast. Op reports indicate a sighting of 5 ships at 5 knots heading southwest by a Jake on the CA. I have split the carriers into three groups, all heading south by southwest at full speed.

At Batavia, 4 BBs bombarded the place and destroyed a bunch of fighters. Now, level bombers and zeros are going to hit the place from Singapore.

Screenie attached.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 65
Is there any defense against B17s early in the game? - 6/24/2007 12:08:36 PM   
donnie_1974_texas

Aztez's B-17s continue to wreak havoc and seem to be almost unstoppable.  My Zeros and Oscars can damage them, but, they keep coming back for more.

I am thinking that perhaps in a day or two their morale will be low from all the flying and damage?

----------------------
Combat reports from last two days...

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 03/09/42
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Air attack on Mandalay , at 33,30

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21 Sally x 12

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 3 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 9000 feet
6 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 9000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coastal Guns at Port Moresby, 53,91, firing at TF 57
TF 57 troops unloading over beach at Port Moresby, 53,91

111 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
PC Ch 2
PC Takunan Maru #5

Japanese ground losses:
1444 casualties reported
Guns lost 4

Day Air attack on Jamshedpur , at 28,22

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 8

No Japanese losses

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x G3M Nell bombing at 16000 feet
2 x G3M Nell bombing at 16000 feet
2 x G3M Nell bombing at 16000 feet
Day Air attack on Madras , at 18,21

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 39

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 3 damaged

Allied Ships
AK Empire Waterhen, Bomb hits 1,  on fire
AK Kiangsu, Bomb hits 1,  on fire
AK Empire Antelope, Bomb hits 1,  on fire
AK Empire Oryx, Bomb hits 1

Port hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 8000 feet
7 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 8000 feet
6 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 8000 feet
5 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 8000 feet
5 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 8000 feet
2 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 8000 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 8000 feet
Day Air attack on Medan , at 20,45

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 30
Ki-49 Helen x 14

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-49 Helen: 1 damaged

Port fuel hits 1
Port supply hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x Ki-49 Helen bombing at 11000 feet
6 x Ki-49 Helen bombing at 11000 feet
Day Air attack on Balikpapan , at 31,64

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 18
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 9
F1M2 Pete x 4

Allied aircraft
B-17D Fortress x 9
B-17E Fortress x 24

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 7 damaged
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
B-17D Fortress: 8 damaged
B-17E Fortress: 8 damaged

Oil hits 15

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B-17D Fortress bombing at 15000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress bombing at 15000 feet
6 x B-17E Fortress bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on Batavia , at 19,59

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 59
G3M Nell x 69

Allied aircraft
Wirraway x 3
Brewster 339D x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 damaged
G3M Nell: 6 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Wirraway: 2 destroyed
Brewster 339D: 2 destroyed

Airbase hits 1
Day Air attack on Manila  , at 43,52

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 14
Ki-21 Sally x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 6 damaged

Runway hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 14000 feet
3 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 14000 feet
Day Air attack on Clark Field , at 43,51

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21 Sally x 178
Ki-15 Babs x 7

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
228 casualties reported
Guns lost 5
Vehicles lost 1

Airbase hits 8
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 105

Day Air attack on TF at 10,83

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 9
D3A Val x 15
B5N Kate x 16

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Kaiping,  heavy damage
AK Proteus, Torpedo hits 3,  on fire,  heavy damage
AK Dukat, Bomb hits 2, Torpedo hits 2,  on fire,  heavy damage
AK Empire Mariott, Bomb hits 2, Torpedo hits 1,  on fire,  heavy damage

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 14
B5N Kate x 12

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Dukat,  on fire,  heavy damage
AK Kaiping,  heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Proteus,  on fire,  heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Ground combat at 50,31

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 197535 troops, 2511 guns, 31 vehicles, Assault Value = 4169

Defending force 59661 troops, 122 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1821

Allied ground losses:
184 casualties reported
Guns lost 4

Ground combat at Pucheng

Attacking force 900 troops, 34 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1400

Defending force 20338 troops, 36 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 490

Allied ground losses:
50 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Ground combat at Manila

Attacking force 45964 troops, 558 guns, 13 vehicles, Assault Value = 1100

Defending force 66849 troops, 523 guns, 121 vehicles, Assault Value = 1163

Ground combat at Clark Field

Attacking force 45307 troops, 631 guns, 20 vehicles, Assault Value = 1115

Defending force 58099 troops, 471 guns, 287 vehicles, Assault Value = 1465

Allied ground losses:
168 casualties reported
Guns lost 11

Ground combat at 59,89

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 2621 troops, 17 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 76

Defending force 1400 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 13

Japanese max assault: 63 - adjusted assault: 126

Allied max defense: 9 - adjusted defense: 3

Japanese assault odds: 42 to 1

Allied ground losses:
42 casualties reported

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Ground combat at Port Moresby

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 1906 troops, 10 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 43

Defending force 26549 troops, 158 guns, 2 vehicles, Assault Value = 631

Japanese ground losses:
10 casualties reported

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 03/10/42

Coastal Guns at Port Moresby, 53,91, firing at TF 57
TF 57 troops unloading over beach at Port Moresby, 53,91

10 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
PC Ch 2

Japanese ground losses:
28 casualties reported

Night Air attack on Mandalay , at 33,30

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21 Sally x 21

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 1 damaged

Airbase supply hits 1
Day Air attack on Jamshedpur , at 28,22

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 29

No Japanese losses

Day Air attack on Madras , at 18,21

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 37

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 4 damaged

Allied Ships
AK Virginian, Bomb hits 1,  on fire
AK Loch Ranza, Bomb hits 1,  on fire
AK Empire Antelope, Bomb hits 1,  on fire,  heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 8000 feet
19 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 8000 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 8000 feet
11 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 8000 feet
Day Air attack on Medan , at 20,45

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 2
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 31
Ki-49 Helen x 18

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-49 Helen: 1 damaged

Port hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x Ki-49 Helen bombing at 11000 feet
7 x Ki-49 Helen bombing at 11000 feet
Day Air attack on Balikpapan , at 31,64

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 15
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 6
F1M2 Pete x 4

Allied aircraft
B-17D Fortress x 10
B-17E Fortress x 25

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 1 destroyed, 10 damaged
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
B-17D Fortress: 1 destroyed, 7 damaged
B-17E Fortress: 9 damaged

Oil hits 9
Day Air attack on Batavia , at 19,59

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 56
G3M Nell x 77

Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 1
P-40E-1-CU Warhawk x 2

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 1 destroyed
G3M Nell: 6 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Brewster 339D: 3 destroyed
P-40E-1-CU Warhawk: 1 destroyed
Martin 139: 1 destroyed
Wirraway: 1 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
50 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Runway hits 23

Day Air attack on Manila  , at 43,52

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 11
Ki-21 Sally x 14

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 1 destroyed, 2 damaged

Allied ground losses:
34 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 7

Day Air attack on TF at 9,85

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 9
D3A Val x 16
B5N Kate x 17

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Kaiping, Bomb hits 4,  on fire,  heavy damage

Ground combat at 50,31

Attacking force 197927 troops, 2518 guns, 31 vehicles, Assault Value = 4186

Defending force 59669 troops, 120 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1819

Allied ground losses:
219 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Ground combat at Pucheng

Attacking force 910 troops, 35 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1412

Defending force 20443 troops, 36 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 494

Allied ground losses:
64 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Ground combat at Manila

Attacking force 45976 troops, 555 guns, 13 vehicles, Assault Value = 1100

Defending force 67053 troops, 520 guns, 121 vehicles, Assault Value = 1165

Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported

Ground combat at Clark Field

Attacking force 46302 troops, 669 guns, 20 vehicles, Assault Value = 1343

Defending force 58193 troops, 465 guns, 286 vehicles, Assault Value = 1464

Allied ground losses:
105 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
Vehicles lost 1

Ground combat at Port Moresby

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 1886 troops, 10 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 43

Defending force 27695 troops, 217 guns, 2 vehicles, Assault Value = 642

Japanese ground losses:
34 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Post #: 66
Death to B17s - 6/25/2007 1:43:01 AM   
donnie_1974_texas

Finally...

Aztez's B17s (about 40 of them, mainly B17Es) have knocked out 10% of the DEI's oil resources (about 150 pts) in the past two weeks.

After watching them hit Palembang (which the engineers nailed about 400+ oil on their way out before the base was captured) and knocking off more precious oil, all available fighters were flown in to CAP every target within range. The BB fleet was prepared for another bombardment run, KB's fighters were set to strafe other potential B17 bases on Java, and a large Sally raid was staged from Palembang on Batavia's airfields.

Plan - damage as many of the buggers as possible and then hit their airfield. This is definitely where 2 day turns can be used to your advantage (and by the way, I like two day turns, we have played 30 days of game time in 4 days). The expected raid hit Palembang, 30 B17Es, 8 B17Ds. About 60 Oscars and Zeros intercepted and damaged almost every plane (all 30 B17Es).

The BBs hit the airfield the next night at Batavia and toasted about 25 B17s on the ground, Sally's followed up and got another 3-4 the next morning. At a replacement rate in Big B's mod in the low 20-30s as I recall that should knock them out for a little while.

Screenshot attached...
In other news. China. Here I know something about Big B's mod. Most of the Chinese troops are static. The mobile field army is much smaller...So Aztez has been bold as you can see.

There are about 10 units SE of Homan and another 10 moved into Nanchang. We expected some move from Aztez in central China to try and pull the pressure off Homan - I read in Rob's AAR that he threatened Canton heavily but noted the troops had been pulled back and were nowhere in sight. Troops have been riding the rails around Peking to Shanghai and into Nanchang. All the 8-10 units that are there are infantry brigades or divisions so it is a little deceptive - about 75,000 troops and 1200 guns are there as well as level 8 fortifications (thanks Rob!).

The troops from Ichang and Wuhan have moved south to cut the road behind them as well as a lot of armor that was pulled into Central China in case any funny business was tried.

I am hopeful that if we can destroy these troops and those SE of Homan we will have destroyed much of the mobile Chinese army and this will pacify the China theater for a long time as they will have to be rebuilt in Chungking and will use a lot of supplies.

Thats the China situation - stay tuned and I will gradually make my way around the map.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 67
RE: Death to B17s - 6/25/2007 1:51:38 AM   
donnie_1974_texas

Ok, the South Pacific...

Screenshot attached. Lots of operations are in the works here. Rob shipped some rather large formations down this way or were en route when I took over the game in mid-Feb 42. A strong surface action group, several fleet carriers, and most of our submarines are in this area as well as some elite Daitai of Zeros and Bettys.

Torpedo bombers and dive bombers with some fighters have been deployed to the north along the line Marcus, Wake, Marshalls.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 68
RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 - 7/2/2007 1:09:47 AM   
donnie_1974_texas

Ok, little time to update this thing during the week past.

The game date is now April 20, 1942.

Java is extremely strong although I think we are getting the upper hand now. Aztez obviously withdrew a lot of planes from the PI and Malaya into Java as well as I have identified some groups I know are from out of theater. Troops - I have finished recon on most bases and there are well over 100,000 on the island.

I finally decided that intercepting the B17s with Zeros over their targets was hopeless. Even morale 90+ fighter groups pulled off the Akagi and Kaga could not shoot one of those things down.

Therefore, while maintaining as much pressure as possible, we redeployed massive amounts of LBA and proceeded to bomb airfields, accepting quite a few losses in the first raids. However, on April 17 and 18, the dam burst and our bombers caught his planes on the ground and a series of three separate strikes in one day destroyed upwards of 50 planes on the ground, including a dozen or so B17s.

Meanwhile, to the south of Java, Japanese carriers exchange blows with three Royal Navy CVs (Formidable, Indominitable, Hermes). Shokaku is out of action, maybe she will sink even from two torpedo hits. However, on April 20, our bombers and kates (I flew in replacements to fill up the remaining carriers with carrier capable land based Kates) popped 12 torpedos into those three CVs and sunk them.

Two of my three BB fleets have seen serious action and incurred some heavy damage. The three remaining Kongos based in Singapore were hit by about 30 B17s in back to back raids and sustained almost 50 bomb hits along the south coast of Borneo. Then a massive coordinated strike by three airfields on Java hit them, Martins, B17s, Beauforts, the works nailed them with over 100 500lb bomb hits. Flotation damage is negligible, but, the fires they started resulted in building up very heavy system damage before they were put out. We started with 20 or less system from the bomb hits, to be expected when each boat is hit by 50+ bombs, but, the fires were extensive for some reason on 2 of the BBs and system damage means these boats will be out for probably 9 months at least. Poor firefighters on those boats I suppose. At least there was lots of water around.

BB group 2 attacking from the Balikapan area come too close to Soerbaja and Nagato was hit by Beauforts which put three torpedos in her. She will sink, making her the second IJN capital ship loss in exchange for 5 Royal Navy carriers and BBs sunk around Java. Very unhappy with my move on this, I had planned to skirt south out of Beaufort range and messed up. Aztez is defending well.

Aircraft losses have been very heavy, however, pilot losses are an unusual story. They have been minimal for the fighters except for two raids over Java. The Betty's and Nell's have seen some serious losses in about 4 groups. Mainly from a raid over Madras and two over Batavia and one over Soerbaja.

Interestingly enough, I made sure I used my IJN experienced replacements in the fighter groups and then when I had used those up, I maxed out the bombers with untrained folks. They have come up to speed very quickly it seems. Most bomber groups are 70+ with almost all the Sally, Helen groups at 90+ experience. A couple of Betty groups and Nells in the DEI are 85+. The fighters, excepting one group that I dumped lots of untrained guys in, are all at 70+ experience.

Rob did a good job in keeping the KB groups up to high experience and they came into the fight at full strength. Three fleet carriers plus some light ones are still in the SW Pac in case Aztez tries a strike there along with about 300 Betty's and Zero's.

Invasion troops are gathering currently. Luzon is heavily besieged. Of the 7 divisions deployed in the PI, 3 were released after Clark fell and have been redeployed. Teleok### was in southernmost Sumatra by about 15,000 troops that finally finished the march from Palembang. After seeing them stuck for several days, I was surprised when they actually moved the final mile plus the last hex into their target almost overnight it seemed. Land movement is still an enigma to me. I have HQs in Clark trying to move into Luzon that accept the destination, then the next turn they have gone back to a defensive stance.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 69
RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 - 7/2/2007 8:03:32 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

Hi Donnie

As im reading Aztez side i cant comment much as to his plans etc. But he is an 'adventurous' player and will try and take advantage of percieved weaknesses. IE why the forts in china were built . I'd planned to react to the mobile army using a large stopping force and using the many and FAST tank units to prevent escape. You it seems went one better and attacked him head on and trapped a nice haul near homen . well done ! . any sign of those pesky guerilla units coming back ? did my best to squish them early as they 'see' far too much behind the lines as well as mucking up supply.

Sorry to hear about the shokaku, the mod is so very differant to stock in the manner of CV's I was almost afraid to use them .

Also heard you did a rather good para attack too, cant have been prepped much as iirc they (most) were aimed at sabang to set up a flying boat base initially to see what the RN was upto.

Pilots . seems we think alike in prioritising the replacements , yup KB was no1 on the list. And i am pleased the PM attack went as initially planned ,well done. Glad I didnt send it back the PI in the initial PI cock up panic i self inflicted

That chinese city 1 hex NE of Fuuchow was a good training spot from formosa i found and also stops him building up forts as a secondary bonus. The mere presence of this city annoyed me immensely (its behind the damn lines ! ). Also had little AAA so
vals could train there happily.

As you stated, Big B china changes are huge. I was almost 100% in the dark when we started off and i think you need at least some level of 'the rules' to be able to function here. Your previous experience stands you in good stead for that theatre. Good luck.

Whats happening in burma ? last i left it a weak flanking move on mandalay was due to be halted by aztez and akyab was in jap hands have to succesfully besieged mandalay ? or planning on ignoring it ?

Anyway glad your enjoying the game and in a perverse way i'm enjoying following it from both sides.

Good luck and BANZAI !

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

Post #: 70
RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 - 7/2/2007 8:13:59 PM   
pauk

never understood players who(se) (?) activate Vietnamese divisions. Ok, there are some benefits for the Allied side if they take Hanoi (resources,diverting Japanese troops for re-taking Homan) but if they fail to do that then Japan gets 4 EXTRA divisions which will come handy in 1943,44!

(in reply to Rob Brennan UK)
Post #: 71
RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 - 7/2/2007 8:21:58 PM   
donnie_1974_texas

Hi Rob, thanks for the reply.  Yes, Shokaku should make it fine.  She is two to three days from an undisclosed port with 57 flotation damage with an AR due to meet her there...

Nagato went down last turn, but, then so did 2 more RN CLAA's trying to escape from Java.  Sinking RN ships is nice as I don't have to worry about them respawning.

The B17s are quite annoying.  There is no stopping them.  I have rigged a test scenario of my own to see if the Tojos and Tonys with higher penetration MGs have a chance versus the Zeros.  I did land the zero daitai's from Kaga, Akagi, Soryu, and Hiryu to see if the expert pilots from KB could stop them in Balikapan, but, no luck.  Same results - we damage all the planes sometimes but they still drop their bombs, fly 500 miles home, and come back the next day in the same strength - Aztez must have shipped in some incredibly good aircraft repair technicians! Hence the surface combat TF raids on the airfields to try and hit them on the ground at night - I was unable for the longest time to catch any on the ground during the day with AM raids (I presume they were out flying).

Para raid?  Only dropped on Sabang (west Sumatra) I think and a couple of bases in Borneo - no opposition at any point I dropped at thus far.

Manila is going to be a tough nut to crack.  Daily bombing by Sallys... 

Post #: 72
RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 - 7/3/2007 12:25:29 AM   
Q-Ball

Donnie;

I am playing Big-B as IJN as well, and I am enjoying it immensely. 4-E's are a huge problem for me, they are Fortresses, and I have given up really challenging in the air in Burma.

You did well to sink those RN CV's, my opponent is being more conservative (maybe WISER would be a good term), and has refused a couple times to meet CV's in battle.

I am in 6/1/42, and it's 17K to 6K in terms of point. I have lost over 100 transports, but hardly any warships. I'm stuck at Mandalay and China, but have captured PM, Derby, Broome, Luganville, Efate, as well as clearing the SRA. I have an offensive going in Northern Oz, we are at the gates of Wyndham.

China is a quagmire for Japan in this one. I have tried several offensives. I don't want to give away my strategy for fear my opponent reads this, but I am changing strategy there.

Post #: 73
RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 - 7/3/2007 12:39:27 AM   
Q-Ball

BTW, I read your opponents thread, I can't give away secrets, but he is definitely aggressive!

Just curious, what is your PILOT TRAINING plan?

I have been mostly using "Mogami Method", and disbanding units to get new ones in 90 days.....I like keeping alot of pilots in the pool, particularly for KB. But it's depleting my front-line air strength with so many units on the reinforcement list. The alternative is to yank depeleted units from front-line, give them planes/pilots, train up a bit, send them out. That speeds the turnaround of units back to the front; saves 90 days of wait time, but downside is that it depletes the Pilot Pool. What do you do?

Where do you train them from? I mostly have them flying out of Manila and bombing San Jose (2 hexes), with some in China dropping bombs on actual troops.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 74
Fortress Java and Manila - 7/4/2007 10:41:51 PM   
donnie_1974_texas

Hi qBall - thanks for the input.  Yes, I think the increased armor rating on the allied planes makes their LBA a real challenge.  To me that is the one thing Brian should adjust back down in his 1.4 release - put the armor back to what it was in chs or stock - the decreased accuracy of the air weapons has the effect of making air combat very much more realistic as is.  Just scrapped with b26s and b25s raiding Palembang - pretty much the same as the 17s.  Not much look shooting them down with Zeros or Oscars.

Pilot training.  Well, hadn't set anything official up.  Never really followed Mogami's method, perhaps I should give it a try.  Pilots are not my big concern at the moment - planes are.  Aztez's LBA destroys a lot of planes on the ground and my zeros (even crack KB groups) are like flies on the wall against them.  Of course, I encountered about 30 Kittyhawk's over Batavia with 30 Zeros and my Zeros got eaten alive here as well (once again, a KB fighter group fighting from an airfield...).  Unfortunately, mostly all we do is damage to his planes and then they get repaired.  Very frustrating.

Oh, so pilot training.  Well, here is my system.  There is a large base still untaken deep behind our lines - Manila!  I attacked with 7 divisions and lots of HQ support last turn and ate about 8,000 casualties after almost 40 days (not counting what Rob has done) of bombing the airfield and port by 100-200 Sallies his AV adjusted to 8,700.

So, I am withdrawing all but a screening force around Manila of a division and a couple of brigades with good support and preparation and we will sit a few artillery regiments there on constant bombard.  Meanwhile, my planes will use it as a rest and relaxation area and to, uh, hone their combat skills.  The rotations have already started!  I normally can't stand to just use a base purely for training, but, this is a little different with it being Manila and the air losses being what they are.  And of course, I really don't need Manila until 1943 anyway, unless Aztez wants to miraculously sail across the ocean to reinforce it.  Mines are being deployed in a ring around it - 1,000 plus per hex so that his subs can enjoy the damage.  I have tested this before and in a first turn move ringed Manila with every mine the IJN could deploy in one move and then moved all 27 allied subs out, we hit 4 with two sinking, it was a lot of mines though!  But, with an MLE in Legaspi and coastal waters plus my ownership of Bataan - I think Manila will be a bad place for Allied subs to call on.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 75
RE: Fortress Java and Manila - 7/5/2007 12:29:31 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: donnie_1974_texas

Hi qBall - thanks for the input.  Yes, I think the increased armor rating on the allied planes makes their LBA a real challenge.  To me that is the one thing Brian should adjust back down in his 1.4 release - put the armor back to what it was in chs or stock

exactly what Brian will do!!

Post #: 76
RE: Fortress Java and Manila - 7/7/2007 3:22:09 AM   
Big B

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: donnie_1974_texas

Hi qBall - thanks for the input. Yes, I think the increased armor rating on the allied planes makes their LBA a real challenge. To me that is the one thing Brian should adjust back down in his 1.4 release - put the armor back to what it was in chs or stock

exactly what Brian will do!!

Hi guys,
I've been out of circulation lately (...I'll just say health problems in the family happened some days ago - and my world was turned upside down for a while - but all is getting better now - so no worries), but Castor is quite right, that has been addressed.

(still doing artwork)
Thanks vote the vote of confidence...you'll like what's coming up soon.
Brian

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 77
Why did no Kates launch? - 7/7/2007 8:40:57 PM   
donnie_1974_texas

The usual. B70 B17s hit Balikapan a couple of days ago and destroyed 20plus planes on the ground. There is no stopping these guys, not even my best fighters can do anything. I keep rotating in well rested planes with 70+ exp and they get shot down or damaged at an alarmingly high rate.

Java is a fortress. Not sure how or if we're going to get in there. If I pull back my planes then all the resources get destroyed. I have thought I should not have taken Palembang or Balikapan as they just got their oil bombed to dust but, then again, who would have thought that taking a large airfield to base Zeros and LBA out of to support your pending invasion would have been a non military sensical thing to do heh and that a couple of 4E groups could literally destroy 10-15% of the oil output of the region in a few weeks with no fighter escort flying into the teeth of crack Zero pilots...

In the bigger news of the day, Aztez will be happy with the destruction of much of KB south of Java. Our 2nd carrier battle started much like the first, his carriers showed up within one-two hexes of my moving fleet with no alert by my search planes set at 20-30% search as well as float planes.

Akagi group (Kaga, Akagi, Zuiho, Taiyo, 2 BBs) reacted to an enemy 'carrier TF' consisting of 2 destroyers and a CLAA and pounded it on day 1. Soryu and Hiryu groups close by (1-2 hexes off, house rule is no more than 4 CVs in a hex).

Day 2. Aztez's carriers (at least 3, prob 4) show up and launch a strike on KB. First strike does little damage except to Taiyo and some bombs on the BBs. 50 Zeros on CAP don't hit too much as abou 70-80% of the strike force gets through (about 70-80 SBD, TBDs attacking).

The confusing thing is that my counterstrikes only launched Vals and some light escorts of Zeros. No Kates. There are upwards of 100 Kates all at low fatigue (less than 20) 99 morale and 80-85 experience sitting on the carriers all set at 20% naval attack, 20% naval search, secondary mission rest at range 6. Any ideas? Coordination penalty couldn't be the case - less than 200 planes in the main TF. Poor squadron leaders perhaps? I mean the Vals launched.

Even better, mighty Hiryu sitting 60 miles North of Aztez's carriers launched no planes and Soryu, whose TF was not struck at all by the US CVs also only launched Vals in her strike at range 4 - no Kates...

I can see the Kate pilots lined up on the railing of our carriers to watch the American planes making their runs and shouting Banzai with each bomb dropped while holding up numbers to grade the American pilots and see how skilled they are...

So the the 2 of the 3 remaining carriers are overloaded with planes now and cannot fly ops.

Oh well, I suppose the game continues.

Post #: 78
RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 BigB Mod vs Aztez - 7/31/2007 2:43:10 AM   
donnie_1974_texas

Updates.

A long time in updating. So in about two months of game time here is what has happened.

Burma

Not much. Aztez had 31 units entrenched in Mandalay and a level 5 airfield there when we started. Not enough troops available to try and knock him out. He has started bombing resources with Liberator III and Wellington’s out of Mandalay and we can’t stop Allied LBA so we have not bothered to try at the moment.

DEI

Aztez still owns Java, although a surprise is in store for him. I have been unable to suppress his air force at Soerbaja. The B17s fly at about 40-60 planes per mission almost every day and plaster everything in sight. We tried stopping him early on with Zeros from the KB flying from Balikapan but this only resulted in about 4:1 losses amongst our planes (fortunately the pilots were spared because their planes were hit on the ground!).

We moved in a ton of flak to Balikapan, but a couple of airfield attacks and almost 200 flak guns have been disabled. Seems nonsensical.

Aztez has bombed a lot of resources from his base in Soerbaja and occasionally his B17s fly long range naval attack missions. Abour 40-50% of the planes achieve a hit with each mission so this is quite deadly and the number one reason we have not landed in Java.

Several sweeps were tried over Soerbaja but this resulted in one case in the loss of almost 100 Zeros in one day. No trying that again. We have resorted to high altitude attacks (which frankly feels very gamey and cheap to me) and night bombing attacks. I have noticed that placing high inspiration leaders in the level bombers assigned this duty means they fly constantly.

Nonetheless, we are about to begin invading around Batavia. While it appears that a large number of troops (actually about 250,000) have invaded northern Oz, there are actually almost as many waiting in Singapore and Sumatra. Most of the transport assets are almost in place – these will be barges primarily and fast moving destroyers as well as almost 200 transport planes. The barges are largely ignored by the LBA and the destroyers can get in and out at night. Per every 2 day turn we should be able to land about 10,000 troops so I believe by early August we will have about 100,000 troops ashore. With Tojos coming online soon we should be able to challenge his airforce.

In the meantime, I figure it is going to be a long time in taking Batavia and Soerbaja so we minus well settle in. They are certainly level 9 forts and the resource centers will likely be shattered when we take the cities. So, in the meantime, let him produce the resources for me…

Northern Oz
As above, we landed in Darwin and just kicked him out. We’re going to try and push along the northern coast – ultimate objective – unknown. The increased political points that Brian gives in this mod has provided for the release of several extra divisions from Manchuria and the Home Defense Forces. Strong garrisons have also been placed in the Kuriles and the Marianas and northern New Guinea is being fortified as well.

The Home Front
The nice thing is in 30 days we start getting Tojos. Our production rate should start off at almost 300 per month and Zero production between A6M2 and A6M3 models is approaching 300 per month now. Combined with 80 Oscars and 40 Tony’s we should have a nice fighter output of almost 700 per month.

Of course the unavailability of resource pools from the DEI has caused some major rethinking to Japanese production strategy, but, more on that later. I am going to test an interesting theory in this game and concentrate my production on a few key items.

Post #: 79
RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 BigB Mod vs Aztez - 7/31/2007 10:39:42 AM   
castor troy

I fear to say that your Tojos and Tonies won´t help you that much. They are better than Zeroes, but you have to damage 7-10 4Es before you bring one down. So this means if you put 200 Tojos at an airfield, you will see perhaps 100 in the air (CAP 90%) and those 100 Tojos will take down 30 4Es, while damaging another 90 of the 150 incoming bombers. The 120 that make it through cap will destroy around 60-80 planes on the ground, 10 in the air. At the end of the day you have lost 90 Tojos for 30 4Es. The next day you will lose 95% of the rest that was at the airfield, bringing up your losses to 150 Tojos for 40 4Es.

Just a rough guess, but that´s what I have experienced (this with even reducing the armor to 1). It´s not just the armor. Higher durability, lower accuracy of guns, shorter range...

All in all, the pity about all this is that an excellent working A2A model makes the whole campaign going completely off the way, no matter if the Allied commander is an idiot or a strategic genius. All you need is an airbase level 5 and everything in range 14 has to be abandoned. Don´t forget that the Allied will get 150 4Es from June on, so no matter if you produce 1000 Tojos, they will just all die on the ground...

Post #: 80
RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 BigB Mod vs Aztez - 7/31/2007 7:36:13 PM   
donnie_1974_texas

Well, yes. That seems to be the case. Aztez snuck another strike of 12 B-17s against my TFs at Palembang and they scored 5 hits. Of course, 50 Zeros and Oscars intercepted them and damaged them all. But, as my experience indicates, they will be back.

I guess my only return play is to continue to send in my fighters at high altitude, above his cap, and attack his airfields. I don't like this approach either. I am noticing though that the fighters are effective because for some reason they avoid the CAP then bomb from 2,000 feet...

Why does the game force such behavior...I don't fault Aztez at all for his play on this - how is he to know that when he gives orders to his group of 40 B-17s to attack the resource centers that they will all be damaged, fly again the next day, get 2 or 3:1 kill ratios on my CAP and blow away 40-50 resource centers at a time...of course my Sallies crash on landing and takeoff all the time...

Still running my 1945 head on head game just to test strat bombing, defenses, bombing tactics against US carrier TFs. I have to say I have found some interesting things out and will keep you apprised. By the way, it is the Big B air system in that game as well - I modded the scenario to use Brians settings to get a good test on late war.

I also have a 1943 game going using Brian's mod but the stock armor ratings. Should be a good look ahead on air-to-air later in the game.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 81
RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 BigB Mod vs Aztez - 7/31/2007 7:36:28 PM   
donnie_1974_texas

But the nice thing is that you can play with the Japanese production system. 30 days and we will be producing 1,100 planes/month and ramping up to about 1,800 a month by the end of 1942. We have cut some other expenditures out and concentrated on a few airframes and just Nak and Mitsubish airframes.

Post #: 82
RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 BigB Mod vs Aztez - 8/6/2007 8:06:54 PM   
donnie_1974_texas

Almost laughable…How do you stop this? Those are not rookie fighter pilots either (XP of no lower than 75...).

This happens every turn…

It would not matter if I had 200 fighters on CAP over those ships, the bombers are damaged, but, damage doesn’t cause them to turn back, rarely do 4E’s turn back…and they drop their bombs and on a bomber basis – even nimble little destroyers get hit.

Destroyer sunk due to a magazine explosion…

What am I doing wrong here???

DAY ONE

Day Air attack on TF, near Palembang at 20,55

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 10
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 22
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress: 3 damaged

Japanese Ships
MSW W.12

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 10
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 22
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 3

Japanese aircraft losses

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships
CA Kumano

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 10
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 22
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 3

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
CA Tone

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 10
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 22
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 6

Japanese aircraft losses

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
DD Inazuma
DD Yudachi

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 10
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 20
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
AP Awajisan Maru, Bomb hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 10
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 20
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 3

Japanese aircraft losses

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
DD Minazuki, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:

DAY TWO

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 10
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 22
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships
MSW W.12

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 10
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 22
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress: 6 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Tone, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 10
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 21
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 3

Japanese aircraft losses

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress: 2 damaged

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 9
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 21
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 6

Japanese aircraft losses

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress: 6 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Kumano

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 9
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 21
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships
DD Inazuma, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:

-------------------------------------------

DAY FOUR

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 17
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 22
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships
AP Achou Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 17
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 22
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships
MSW W.9

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 17
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 21
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 3

Japanese aircraft losses

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships
CA Suzuya

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 17
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 21
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships
DD Yudachi, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 17
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 21
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 4 damaged

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships
DD Mochizuki
AK Sakito Maru, Bomb hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:

Post #: 83
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: How to mess up japan, course 101 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI