Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: On retainer...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: On retainer... Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: On retainer... - 9/29/2007 10:26:05 PM   
Onime No Kyo

I cant say for sure, but it sounds like that situation might turn a bit awkward.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 1501
Don't Blame Blamey - 9/30/2007 9:55:31 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Not one Jap carrier in sight. I dont think an invasion of Northern Oz is in the cards..but who knows. The enveloping force for Perth is not yet ready to give up the ghost..so the US 32nd ID volunteered to come help.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 1502
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 9/30/2007 9:59:43 PM   
Cap Mandrake

PS..I got some new pics via email

I'm not sure "stalker" is really the right word any more.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 1503
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 9/30/2007 10:42:40 PM   
BrucePowers

Ummm, what word does come to mind, as we have not seen the photos?

Post #: 1504
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 9/30/2007 10:46:16 PM   
VSWG

Exhibitionist?

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 1505
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 9/30/2007 10:56:23 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Exhibitionist?

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 1506
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 9/30/2007 11:41:40 PM   
ny59giants

At least give us a link to her pictures and/or video on YouTube. 

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1507
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/1/2007 6:49:22 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

If there is a website with her pictures I am going to be seriously disturbed.

You will have to do your own legwork:

1) Find a former co-worker (preferably female) 16 years younger than you who has been harboring secret fantasies about you for 10 years (this can involve suddenly sweeping all work material off your desk to find an emergency flat space or...well..I guess thsi part doesn't matter)*

2) Make sure she (preferably) lives many hundreds of miles away

3) Then say (this is crucial); "Dang woman(preferably), it has been so long since I have seen you I forget what you look like. Can't you send me some pictures or something?"

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1508
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/1/2007 6:49:41 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Exhibitionist?

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 1509
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/1/2007 6:52:43 PM   
BrucePowers

I reiterate, I am glad I am happily married.

Post #: 1510
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/1/2007 9:56:04 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

1) Find a former co-worker (preferably female) 16 years younger than you who has been harboring secret fantasies about you for 10 years (this can involve suddenly sweeping all work material off your desk to find an emergency flat space or...well..I guess thsi part doesn't matter)*

Sure but how to narrow it down...

Post #: 1511
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/2/2007 1:52:31 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

If there is a website with her pictures I am going to be seriously disturbed.

You will have to do your own legwork:

2) Make sure she (preferably) lives many hundreds of miles away

3) Then say (this is crucial); "Dang woman(preferably), it has been so long since I have seen you I forget what you look like. Can't you send me some pictures or something?"

I find this very disturbing. I have trouble seeing Mandrake saying "Dang".

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 1512
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/2/2007 10:31:40 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Wait..do you mean I am too urbane or profane

Situation, Burma (it just sounds better without prepostions, don't it)

There are now 7 full infantry division in the Burma/Burma Road fight.

Anyone know where the 70th Div lived originally (Dec 7, I mean)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 10/2/2007 10:36:00 PM >

Post #: 1513
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/2/2007 10:45:44 PM   
Terminus

Nanchang...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

Post #: 1514
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/3/2007 1:33:29 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Nanchang...

I am going to hazard a guess that is in China somewhere. We need to get aggressive on offence before he moves everything out of China.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1515
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/3/2007 2:17:17 AM   
Terminus

It's about 120 miles SW of Nanking. That division has come a good way to play in Burma.

Post #: 1516
Glossary - 10/3/2007 6:06:51 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Editors Note: A number have readers have complained about incestual terminology and jargon in the narrative. We judge this to be a valid criticism. We have therefore instructed staff to compile a glossary of terms in the event the reader doesnt have time to review WWIIa and WWIIb (to date). Thank you.

Ge. Marshall

********************GLOSSARY OF TERMS**************************

SOB....Literally, "Son of a bitch". While generally an offensive expression implying descent from a canine on one's maternal lineage, it is also used in a jocular fashion by certain figures in the narrative. When preceded by the word "crazy" (as in "crazy son of a bitch") it can actually be a term of endearment among some.

Color of scarcity is green.....A reference to the inelastic behavior of the supply-demand curve during periods of severe scarcity of a desirable good. This applies either if the scarcity is naturally or artificially created. One of the most desirable features of war is its ability to create circumstances where scarcity is found. This is good for the world economy in toto and particularly good for the purveyor of the scarce product, most commonly an enterprise called M&M Enterprises, which rose to prominence during the war. The full expression is "the color of scarcity is green and it has pictures of dead Presidents on it". This refers to the ubiquitous paper currency of the U. S. of A. The origin of the expression is in dispute.

Sir Mixalot.....(aka "The Chief") The former head of a race of Hobbit-like people from the Island of Flores whose average adult male height is a striking 3 ft 2 in. They are averse to wearing pants but thoroughly enjoy baseball-style caps. The former Chieftain of the Hobbit-people acquired the more widely known eponym "Sir Mixalot" because of his amazing knowledge of cocktails demonstrated while chief bartender of Yossarian's Home in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia. Tragically, he was driven from his true love by an absent carpal bone, which is a unique trait of the little people from Flores.

DAB.......(Darwin Anti-personel Bomb) An amazing cocktail of the boilermaker family attributed to Sir Mixalot although attribution is not clearly established. It consists of Whiskey, Foster's and Creme de Menthe, which, when combined abruptly, form a fulminating mixture of high alcohol content. The rapid consumption of the product allows part of the reaction to occur within the stomach and esophagus of the victim, thereby speeding the absorbtion of the alcohol. The effect is devastating though the victims seem to enjoy the experience at the start.

Margarita......A delicious frozen adult beverage consisting (usually) of Tequila, Triple Sec, salt, the juice of Chilean limes and trace amounts of ethylene glycol. This is also claimed with some plausibility by Sir Mixalot while in the employ of 90th Bombardment Squadron (Medium), USAAF during their duty in New Zealand. The drink is said to have been developed only after the chance misordering of 144 gross of Triple Sec (due to a base 3 to base 10 conversion error) and a severe cash shortage of the Chilean government on the Galapagos lease-back deal.

90th Bombardment Squadron (medium), USAAF
......the pilots, crews, command staff and support elements for 16 B-25C medium bombers. A militarily inconsequential unit with outsize influence due to its unofficial affiliation with one of the most vital and innovative economic entities West of the Hudson River. The squadron was also home for the Green Party ticket for the Presidential election of 1942. Lastly, the squadron was renowned for its discovery of the phenomenon of "Global Cooling" and for the "brain freeze".

(Cont)..I need to go to work

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 10/4/2007 9:58:34 PM >

Post #: 1517
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/4/2007 1:17:00 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Wait..do you mean I am too urbane or profane

Judging by the above Glossary of Terms, I'll go with ejimakaytid.

Post #: 1518
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/4/2007 2:37:04 AM   
Fishbed

quote:

quote:

Nanchang...

I am going to hazard a guess that is in China somewhere. We need to get aggressive on offence before he moves everything out of China.

Hell sure that is in China somewhere, been there 2 full years in RL, Im pretty sure they didn't manage to hide the truth from me that long!!

Post #: 1519
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/4/2007 2:49:07 AM   
Terminus

You sure, Fishbed? You might only think you're in China!

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 1520
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/4/2007 4:57:44 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fishbed

quote:

quote:

Nanchang...

Hell sure that is in China somewhere, been there 2 full years in RL, Im pretty sure they didn't manage to hide the truth from me that long!!

Fishbed;

Would you mind going outside and doing some recon?

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 1521
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/4/2007 9:38:17 AM   
bradfordkay

On second thought, the present authorities in Nanchang might take a little offense to his doing so.

fair winds,
Brad

Post #: 1522
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/4/2007 9:29:04 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

On second thought, the present authorities in Nanchang might take a little offense to his doing so.

Oh Dear God! We haven't heard from from poor Fishbed in almost a day. I feel terrible if I have had some part in his disappearance. He was just a kid. I shouldn't have asked him to take such a risk.

Tough way to lose a reader too.

BTW...stalker girl announced in an email she will be visiting my office at lunchtime tomorrow and that she plans to fly in a short dress a la commando and that I had "better move the damn letter opener"

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 10/4/2007 9:33:36 PM >

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 1523
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/4/2007 9:35:00 PM   
ny59giants

I feel I may be slowing down your PBEM. John asked for another opponent to start either a CHS or Big B mod game. I responded and we are working out the wrinkles (HR and mod).

Post #: 1524
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/4/2007 11:24:57 PM   
VSWG

quote:

BTW...stalker girl announced in an email she will be visiting my office at lunchtime tomorrow and that she plans to fly in a short dress a la commando and that I had "better move the damn letter opener"

Stalker girl's identity revealed?! Link.

Disclaimer: This link is probably not safe for work - depends on where you work, though... and circumstances: if no one's around you can open this link nevertheless. Disregard this disclaimer in case you're a home worker - unless your GF/wife/SO is around, in that case DON'T OPEN THIS LINK!!! Please make sure no children are around, either. Well, you get my drift, I think... Sorry for being so verbose, but these disclaimers have to be legally sound nowadays.

Anyway, you better stock up on limes, juniper nectar, and band-aids...

Post #: 1525
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/5/2007 12:17:15 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG Stalker girl's identity revealed?! Link.

Anyway, you better stock up on limes, juniper nectar, and band-aids...

What? She changed her hair color again?

Bandaids...hehe.

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 1526
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/5/2007 1:53:21 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

I think you should consider cleaning off your desk entirely. I shudder to think where that stuff might end up.

Post #: 1527
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/5/2007 2:45:18 AM   
witpqs

Emergency ice delivery en-route....

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1528
RE: Don't Blame Blamey - 10/5/2007 3:14:58 AM   
BrucePowers

I will not be opening that link on any computer, thank you very much

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1529
Cyclone Narinder - 10/5/2007 3:18:23 AM   
Cap Mandrake

***************10th Air Force HQ, Dacca, October 1, 1942************

Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF:....the continued low pressure area in the Northern Bay of Bengal combined with a colder air mass undergoing adiabatic cooling upon descent from the central Himalayas continues to promote cyclonic action in the Northern Bay of...

Gen. Chennault: OH FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! CUT THE CRAP! I COULDN'T GIVE A **** ABOUT COLD AIR MASSES, WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS IT GOING TO RAIN OR ISN'T IT?

Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: <eyes dart furtively from side to side, his weight shifts nervously from foot to foot> Erm..yes sir. It is going to rain, heavily.

Gen. Chennault: OK. Now we are getting somewhere. WHEN is it going to rain son?

Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: <a look of abject terror descends over his face> Sir...I don't know sir.

Gen. Chennault: OH GREAT! THAT'S JUST ****ING GREAT! CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY WE ARE HAVING THIS ****ING MEETING THEN? <scans the room>

Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: <swallows audibly> Sir, it is a matter of adequate weather stations over the central Bay of Bengal.

Gen. Chennault: And that is my concern, how? Look, I have a war to run. The poor bastards hacking their way down that stinking jungle trail need our help and I propose to give it to them. There is a fresh Jap division sitting on the rail line from Mandalay probably enjoying warm sake while we sit around in a group jerk-off talking about "cyclonic ativity". How about those islands there? Don't we have some coastwatchers or something? Can't they give us a
Goddmaned weather report?

Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: Sir, those are the Maldives.

Gen. Chennault: Captain, pretend I don't know about the Maldives.

Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: Well, sir. It seems they have...well...

Gen. Chennault: MARY MOTHER OF GOD, CAPTAIN! JSUT TELL ME ABOUT THE GODDMANED MALDIVES!

Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: Well, sir, it seems the Royal Navy says they are gone.

Gen. Chennault: <Pinches nose hard, one can see his jaw muscles grinding his molars into dust, after some time an aura of calm seems to overtake him and a beautific smile comes over his face... he speaks> Captain. Would you be so kind as to tell me when the storm season is liekly to be at its worst around here.

Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: <clearly relieved to have a question appropriately framed in probabalistic terms> Yes, sir. The Monsoonal season is bimodal, a second peak is historically noted in November.....

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1530
Page:   <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: On retainer... Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI