Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

using / finding original harpoon battlesets for use with h3 anw?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> using / finding original harpoon battlesets for use with h3 anw? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
using / finding original harpoon battlesets for use wit... - 9/18/2007 12:30:18 AM   
gherndon

hi, original harpoon player from early 90s, and h97 here. i'm getting nostalgic and would like to find original battlesets (GIUK, North Atlantic, Med, and IOPG) and Westpac for use in h3 anw.

can someone point me in the right direction?

tia,

george
Post #: 1
RE: using / finding original harpoon battlesets for use... - 9/18/2007 1:00:18 AM   
JRyan

I do not think that the Harpoon Classic battlesets are available for Harpoon3, they are 2 different games.

Sure there could be some scenarios that have crossed over at some point..

(in reply to gherndon)
Post #: 2
RE: using / finding original harpoon battlesets for use... - 9/18/2007 1:33:28 AM   
gherndon

i seem to recall some db developers having all the battlesets converted at one time, but i could be mistaken. i'm older now and have slept since then :-)

thnx for the input. i'll look for more comments before giving up.

(in reply to JRyan)
Post #: 3
RE: using / finding original harpoon battlesets for use... - 9/22/2007 12:49:36 AM   
analog

AFAIK You should have gotten them with the game. If you have installed H3-ANW, look in the databases folder for ODB folder, in there is the scenarios folders, there you will find the battlesets.

for a typical install it would be "C:\Matrix Games\Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warefare\Databases\ODB\Scenarios\"battleset name"

you can check there to see if you have it, if you do you will have to configure H3 to use it, see below.

You can also use the H3 launcher and go to the configuration menu (button in lower right hand corner of the window) click on the database manager tab and look for the Harpoon 3 standard database. select this database.

edit by me, I am referring to the H2 battlesets such as Global Conflicts 1, 2,& 3, and Westpac, not sure if those are the ones you are talking about. If not, good luck in your quest.

< Message edited by analog -- 9/22/2007 9:09:00 AM >

[image]http://www.warfaresims.com/images/randomsig.php[/image]

Command players do it with frequency.

(in reply to gherndon)
Post #: 4
RE: using / finding original harpoon battlesets for use... - 9/22/2007 5:21:19 PM   
TonyE

Herman has converted many of the HC Scenarios with AGSI's permission to run with PlayersDB, mainly the HDS II series of battlesets. 

See http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1142350&mpage=3 for download links.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
Post #: 5
RE: using / finding original harpoon battlesets for use... - 2/12/2008 11:41:59 PM   
gherndon

thx for the suggestions and feedback. i'm keeping busy with the 3.9 release and the included db's and scenarios. i see from a google search this site:

http://www.harpoonpages.com/hcscene.htm

here, i take it are user contributed variations of the original scenarios (harpoon classic -- GUIK, etc) that are dependent on those original db's and runtimes. do any of the HUD or "updated" db's have scenarios that are re-tooled versions of the original classics? maybe these are in the 3.9 release, and i'm just not remembering correctly. i only see what i associate with h2 and h3 scenarios. i'm looking for what i remember as more US vs USSR cold war scenarios centered around iceland and the north atlantic.

i wish i had saved my h97 and harpoon classic games and media, i could ask more intelligent questions.

-george

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 6
RE: using / finding original harpoon battlesets for use... - 2/13/2008 12:14:14 AM   
Bucks

quote:

ORIGINAL: gherndon

thx for the suggestions and feedback. i'm keeping busy with the 3.9 release and the included db's and scenarios. i see from a google search this site:

http://www.harpoonpages.com/hcscene.htm

here, i take it are user contributed variations of the original scenarios (harpoon classic -- GUIK, etc) that are dependent on those original db's and runtimes. do any of the HUD or "updated" db's have scenarios that are re-tooled versions of the original classics? maybe these are in the 3.9 release, and i'm just not remembering correctly. i only see what i associate with h2 and h3 scenarios. i'm looking for what i remember as more US vs USSR cold war scenarios centered around iceland and the north atlantic.

i wish i had saved my h97 and harpoon classic games and media, i could ask more intelligent questions.

-george

George,

The patch contains the HUD3 and all of the scenarios I have updated to H3ANW 3.9.0 spec. Most have been updated to include air logistics capability, replacement of incorrect platforms, re-assignment of platforms to new or modified missions and just about anything that required tweaking. I believe I have updated nearly all of the Coldwar Battleset (circa 1985) scenarios and you should find them in the scenario selction window after choosing the HUD3 database in the ANW Launcher. Of course I'm always happy to have users provide feedback if they find any errors, which of course I'll correct ASAP.

I hope to complete the modification/rebuilding all of the "stock" scenarios (read as H2 scens) in the near future. I'll also be working on the original HUD and HUD-II scenarios found at http://www.harpoonpages.com/h2scenarios.htm in the near future. Ralf Koelbach has already started working on rebuilding his scens found at the page for full functionality with H3ANW 3.9.0 and the HUD3. I have three he's already sent me that I should be posting to the new HUD3 website shortly.

Cheers

Darren

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1

(in reply to gherndon)
Post #: 7
RE: using / finding original harpoon battlesets for use... - 2/13/2008 3:20:38 PM   
gherndon

darren,

thanks for the explanation. last night while my dsl connection was offline, i explored the included db's and found exactly what you describe! if i might say so, your packaging and comments in the battlesets and scenarios is excellent (referencing, attributing to others etc). i can't wait to see the results of the updated models etc in the actual game play.

i think matrix and end users would benefit from a wiki or faq entry that consolidates the various scenario info etc that you and others are sharing with me. i know that dbs and scenario editing has been a difficult subject area in the past, but i think what's been left is a void of info. the harpoonpages.com site has good information, but i'd like to see something that makes it easier for users like me to enjoy the benefits of yours and others hard work. again, maybe the info is there, but i couldn't find it easily.

i don't want to sound critical, i just find it difficult to pool all the info that's scattered between the matrixgames.com, http://www.computerharpoon.com/harpoon-links/harpoon-links.html , forums.computerharpoon.com and this forum. googling makes it worse because it brings up the bile from all the past fights over db's and scenario design.

it's a classic case of someone needs to distill the info and package it so that it's useful to the game player. in another life, i might even volunteer to help.

anyways, thanks again for taking the time to respond and thanks for your work on the scenarios.

george

< Message edited by gherndon -- 2/13/2008 3:21:10 PM >

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 8
RE: using / finding original harpoon battlesets for use... - 2/13/2008 4:28:26 PM   
Bucks

quote:

darren,

thanks for the explanation. last night while my dsl connection was offline, i explored the included db's and found exactly what you describe! if i might say so, your packaging and comments in the battlesets and scenarios is excellent (referencing, attributing to others etc). i can't wait to see the results of the updated models etc in the actual game play.

george

George,

Comments like yours make all the effort worthwhile. Thank you for your kind words and as always you are more than welcome.

Cheers

Darren

(in reply to gherndon)
Post #: 9
Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB - 2/13/2008 11:52:08 PM   
FreekS

quote:

-george

Several of the Harpoon Classic battlesets have already been rebuilt for the PlayersDB and Harpoon3. In time, Herman Hum intends to remake all of them for H3.

GIUK Battleset

Harpoon Designer Series I GIUK Battleset
Harpoon Designer Series I NACV Battleset
Harpoon Designer Series I MEDC Battleset
Harpoon Designer Series I IOPG Battleset

Harpoon Designer Series II GIUK Battleset
Harpoon Designer Series II NACV Battleset
Harpoon Designer Series II MEDC Battleset
Harpoon Designer Series II IOPG Battleset
HCE WestPac Battleset

Harpoon ANW users can get the:
Complete Harpoon ANW Library

A new Cold War battleset has just been released by a Gunner98

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1670949&go=last

< Message edited by FreekS -- 2/14/2008 11:31:42 PM >

(in reply to gherndon)
Post #: 10
RE: Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB - 2/14/2008 1:45:52 AM   
Bucks

User Deleted

Apologies to all concerned

< Message edited by Bucks -- 2/18/2008 12:54:34 AM >

(in reply to FreekS)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> using / finding original harpoon battlesets for use with h3 anw? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI