Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 12/11/2007 4:09:42 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

quote:

Correct supply usage goes up a lot and they generate fatigue and disruption over time reducing combat effectiveness.

So that's the limits in WitP-AE for overstacking?

There are no hardcoded limits in a sence that they all simply can't be there in first place?

Please shed some more light on this - thnaks in advance!

Sorry guys as I said in land section I want to test what we have and make sure I am happy with it before I get to specific on this one.

Thanks Andy!

BTW, this was written here before this was asked and answered (by you) in Scenario section...

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 31
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 12/11/2007 5:31:26 PM   
Andy Mac

Sorry I lose track of where I am I almost need to stop answering posts and get back to testing !!!!

Lots to do and so little time to do it.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 32
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 12/11/2007 9:42:55 PM   
DDLAfan

Only two things I would like to see in the new edition...

1.  In the new game manual, please segregate the new rules from the original rules, or color-code it or something.  I really don't want to have to read that monster again.

2.  Please take your time in getting this out.  One of the frustrations of the original was that there were a host of bugs and also new content which required a restart.  The frustrating part was that it took so much time to play that having to constantly restart was a party killer.

Thanks and have a nice day!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 33
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 12/12/2007 10:12:15 PM   
NormS3

Perhaps a Dumbo Mission choice for seaplanes or planeguard/guide mission for submarines

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 34
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 12/13/2007 9:38:01 AM   
bradfordkay

The planeguard mission has always been in WITP. If you place a submarine in the target hex, it increases the likelihood of the return to the unit of pilots who are shot down. You don't have to designate the sub's mission as a planeguard, but placing it there serves the purpose.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to NormS3)
Post #: 35
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 12/13/2007 1:37:59 PM   
el cid again

ESM.

SIGINT should locate major bases instantly - and gain some data about them - even if no photographic data is available.
It should locate minor bases EVENTUALLY - and gain rare bits of data about them.

Operational ESM should locate any TF using radar within 2 hexes - but this ONLY applies to TF with ESM gear on some vessel. Similarly, aircraft headed at a major base should pretty well always find it - riding in the signals generated by the target itself (as JNAF did at Pearl Harbor - using Radio Honolulu). In particular, the US is "radioactive" and broadcasts almost all the time - and the Japanese exploited that. So the chances of finding a US vessel or base should be very high - at least for an ESM fitted ship or sub.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 36
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 12/13/2007 1:38:16 PM   
el cid again

Bat.

The missile.

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 37
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 12/13/2007 1:38:59 PM   
el cid again

Monsoon and winter maps - affecting infrastructure like trails - and freezing or thawing rivers - etc.

Post #: 38
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 12/13/2007 2:00:21 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: el cid again

Monsoon and winter maps - affecting infrastructure like trails - and freezing or thawing rivers - etc.

Unfortunately an update to the weather code hasn't been included, but could be included in a later patch.

Andrew

Post #: 39
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 12/14/2007 12:25:24 AM   
Dili

End of Aerial Mining Year Hardcode - British had aerial mining from Swordfish and other bomber planes since 41 and also makes dificult other Mods and time periods. 

DP guns range - diferent range for AA and for Anti-shipping

End of ship speed limit = 9(former 6),  Prevents other scales mods and also i dont understand it's propose at that value. 26kt max continuous speed only or am i wrong? 

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 40
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 12/22/2007 5:29:38 AM   
medicff

looks very good indeed.

one wish is to give land units a hex designated as the retreat hex; possible different orders for "last stand" and "fighting withdrawal" so as to keep some combat strength together during the withdrawal and not be always decimated.

2 cents

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 41
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 1/12/2008 10:15:25 PM   
Ursa MAior

A definitely imnproved fof of war, If possible.  THX.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to medicff)
Post #: 42
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 1/12/2008 11:02:37 PM   
BigBadWolf

Dunno if this was mentioned before, but is it at all possible to add zoom feature to the map?

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 43
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 1/12/2008 11:28:23 PM   
The Gnome

Hey gang, I'll read through what I'm sure are some great posts later, however, I wanted to put up a quick response now:

Please update the UI to be slightly more modern, and snappier in response times. This includes more resolutions to choose from, bigger buttons, easier navigation, and overall faster response times from the interface.

As great a game as it is, I found myself constantly battling the UI on turns where I had a lot of upkeep.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 44
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 1/29/2008 2:19:50 PM   
m10bob

Maybe in AE "sea-going tugs" or AR ships will have an ability to meet hapless stragglers to give them better chance of survival??

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 45
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 1/29/2008 2:36:25 PM   
Andy Mac

Zoom no as this is not a re write and we are therefore using the same basic architecture

Same with the UI and resolutions as far as I am aware thats all out of scope we are not rewriting the game we are trying to improve it within the game constraints

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 46
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 1/29/2008 5:34:07 PM   
herwin

quote:

Zoom no as this is not a re write and we are therefore using the same basic architecture

Same with the UI and resolutions as far as I am aware thats all out of scope we are not rewriting the game we are trying to improve it within the game constraints

Yes, but this really needs to be worked. Scuttling saves the crew, passengers, and any embarked airgroups (and associated personnel victory points) but loses the ship, aircraft, cargo, and equipment--unless, of course, there's no place to evacuate them to. If you scuttle in a friendly port, the personnel land. If you scuttle at sea, the personnel move to other ships in the TF. (Then if you want to keep it simple, those personnel move to the dead pile, to reform later.) If you scuttle away from those options, the personnel use life rafts, with the usual outcome of that evolution. You can probably handle this with about 10 lines of code, using a call to the logic used when a unit is disbanded voluntarily.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 47
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 1/29/2008 6:21:37 PM   
Andy Mac

Huh ?? harry I was talking about user interface in response to Gnome and Zoom in response to Bigbadwolf...

I have to admit you have lot me a little.

What is it exactly you want as I am unclear

Andy

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 48
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 1/29/2008 6:45:39 PM   
bradfordkay

I think that what he is referring to is the loss of pilots on scuttled ships. What he is asking for is for the pilots stationed aboard a ship that is being scuttled to be returned to the pilot pool rather than being lost.

I belive that Herwin thought your response was to m10bob's question.

< Message edited by bradfordkay -- 1/29/2008 6:46:26 PM >

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 49
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 1/29/2008 6:55:02 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

I think that what he is referring to is the loss of pilots on scuttled ships. What he is asking for is for the pilots stationed aboard a ship that is being scuttled to be returned to the pilot pool rather than being lost.

I belive that Herwin thought your response was to m10bob's question.

That with a rescale of the points lost for scuttling to account for the crew saved would do.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 50
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 1/31/2008 12:09:51 AM   
The Gnome

Hi, I have lots of wishes (most of them already covered), but my big two are:

1) Improved AI - maybe already included, or likely but I haven't read anything

2) Improved UI - sigh, impossible/unlikely but oh well it is a wish!
- Bigger Buttons!
- Better Fonts! (yes I know about -altfont, but most of the time the fonts still look nasty since the window elements around them don't resize)
- Wide screen resolutions!
- Movable/Resizable windows

Really looking forward to getting my paws on AE!

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 51
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 2/4/2008 10:11:01 PM   
langley

(1) Battle Honors for ships/subs listing location of battle and damage taken and caused to the enemy.

(2) Battle Honors for land combat units listing losses for both sides and location of battle.

(3) Battle Honors for Squadrons giving Kills and losses and location.

A Dream for the future no doubt! 

"My God, I hope you don't blame me for this. I had no idea where you were."
Air Vice-marshal Pulford upon the loss of "Force Z"

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 52
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 2/9/2008 9:51:06 AM   
bradfordkay

For ground units: the ability to turn on/off replacements by squad/weapon type.

I find it irritating that the base force unit in Bora Bora gets its radar and infantry squads before the one in Port Moresby! I know that you can just turn off replacements completely, but that base force in Bora Bora needs support squads - thus my wish to be able to fine tune the replacements.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to langley)
Post #: 53
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 2/9/2008 9:55:31 AM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

For ground units: the ability to turn on/off replacements by squad/weapon type.

I find it irritating that the base force unit in Bora Bora gets its radar and infantry squads before the one in Port Moresby! I know that you can just turn off replacements completely, but that base force in Bora Bora needs support squads - thus my wish to be able to fine tune the replacements.

I don't think they fine-tuned replacements that carefully.

Harry Erwin

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 54
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 2/9/2008 4:44:19 PM   
Andy Mac

Nope that cannot be done sorry

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 55
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 2/9/2008 4:51:17 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: DDLAfan

1. In the new game manual, please segregate the new rules from the original rules, or color-code it or something. I really don't want to have to read that monster again.

Can we also have a manual that doesn't lie The game was difficult enough to learn without the manual working for the enemy and feeding me false info

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to DDLAfan)
Post #: 56
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 2/9/2008 8:43:41 PM   
witpqs

Sorry Dixie but that's part of the realism.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 57
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 2/19/2008 2:17:36 AM   
tekk

I would like to see a new "Losses" screen, a show of how much each side has lost on the ground, men (detailed in KIA, MIA and WIA) guns lost and vehicles lost, is this being included?...this may be asking to much, but a detailed and more broken down list would be very cool, where it shows your losses by hex and the date as well.

Then it hit me so hard...like a perfect diamond shot me right in the forehead, the will to do something like that

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 58
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 2/25/2008 6:57:13 AM   
Zebedee

If the AI is improved sufficiently that an automated oil convoy from Home Isles to Brunei doesn't get re-routed via Midway, then I'll buy

I'd also like Japan to get some form of useful information from the intelligence screen at least once in the war.

Having the Manchuoko forces and navy modelled more accurately would be sweet too.

On a more serious note, really looking forward to this expansion even though I'll have to upgrade my game PC to play it.

< Message edited by Zebedee -- 2/25/2008 6:59:02 AM >

(in reply to tekk)
Post #: 59
RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List - 2/25/2008 9:56:21 AM   
Rainerle

Hi,
I recently found out that the secondary mission of Recon from level bombers (Nell et al.) will trigger a full bombing run. I don't think thats intentional.

Image brought to you by courtesy of Subchaser!

(in reply to Zebedee)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI