Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Creating a Submarine Patrol Zone

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Creating a Submarine Patrol Zone Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Creating a Submarine Patrol Zone - 2/22/2008 2:07:14 PM   
kwcampbell

Can we assume this will also work for ASW TFs? That would be a great help.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 31
RE: Creating a Submarine Patrol Zone - 2/22/2008 4:33:21 PM   
Ron Saueracker

This is pretty darn useful I must say. Thaks guys. Thanks Don for posting the morsel.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to kwcampbell)
Post #: 32
RE: Creating a Submarine Patrol Zone - 2/22/2008 8:58:52 PM   
Snowman999

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

A day has passed and Triton has reached the first patrol zone boundary. Since the linger option was set (at one day) she will remain here until the 9th, then move toward the next patrol zone boundary.

Triton will continue to patrol this zone until her orders are changed, she runs low on fuel or ammo, or is damaged. If she has to leave her patrol zone to refuel, she will automatically return once refueled.

I think I know the answer, but is fuel consumption during the linger period simply the cruise/mission/full rate as set in the tf window, or something else/lower?

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 33
RE: Creating a Submarine Patrol Zone - 2/22/2008 9:02:25 PM   
Snowman999

quote:

A patrol zone is set south of Wake. This was done by clicking on hexes for Patrol Boundaries 1 and 2. A third is available but was not used.

Forgive me for maybe being clueless, but if the third boundary is used, does the code "close the triangle" or do we get a three-leg open polygon, and the unit reverses course at the end point to return? Back-and-forth or a circle route?

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 34
RE: Creating a Submarine Patrol Zone - 2/22/2008 11:03:40 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snowman999

I think I know the answer, but is fuel consumption during the linger period simply the cruise/mission/full rate as set in the tf window, or something else/lower?

It's the patrol fuel burn rate. TF's that are "on patrol" in a hex are not static and burn fuel at the normal rate.

(in reply to Snowman999)
Post #: 35
RE: Creating a Submarine Patrol Zone - 2/22/2008 11:05:03 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

Forgive me for maybe being clueless, but if the third boundary is used, does the code "close the triangle" or do we get a three-leg open polygon, and the unit reverses course at the end point to return? Back-and-forth or a circle route?

Boundary one to boundary two, boundary two to boundary three, boundary three to boundary one, repeat.

(in reply to Snowman999)
Post #: 36
RE: Creating a Submarine Patrol Zone - 2/22/2008 11:44:38 PM   
Snowman999

quote:

quote:

Boundary one to boundary two, boundary two to boundary three, boundary three to boundary one, repeat.

Excellent.

I assume normal land-avoidance code is in place so zones can't go across land. One more Q--is there a limit to how long each leg can be, or will be have contests to see who can design the largest multi-thousand-mile-wide patrol zone?

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 37
RE: Creating a Submarine Patrol Zone - 2/23/2008 12:23:11 AM   
Don Bowen

quote:

I assume normal land-avoidance code is in place so zones can't go across land. One more Q--is there a limit to how long each leg can be, or will be have contests to see who can design the largest multi-thousand-mile-wide patrol zone?

Valid sea path. Don't think there are any other limits.

(in reply to Snowman999)
Post #: 38
RE: Creating a Submarine Patrol Zone - 2/23/2008 1:39:02 AM   
witpqs

quote:

Ah, yes. Once knew a programmer with that problem. Tragic it was. Found dead in the shower clutching an empty shampoo bottle. The instructions read "Lather, rinse, repeat."

Of course, that was back in the days before everybody knew all the programmer jokes!

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Creating a Submarine Patrol Zone Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI