Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Wish List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: Wish List Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wish List - 2/29/2008 12:33:44 AM   
montarakid

I'm with Freeboy. Air recon needs to provide info on hexes traveled through, not just the end hex and those surrounding it. What? Did all the eyes on the plane turn inward for the trip out and back, only opening up when the plane turned around?

"If brute force doesn't work, you aren't using enough brute force." - mTk

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 241
RE: Wish List - 3/1/2008 10:20:18 PM   
zook08

Might have been mentioned before, but a warning that your fleet has only enough supply left for one or two turns would be nice. Half of mine always end up dry on the ocean and I have to transfer supplies manually, costing a fortune in both extra supplies and cargo capacity.

(in reply to montarakid)
Post #: 242
RE: Wish List - 3/9/2008 10:59:44 AM   
serg3d1

I think there should be high probability of not seeing you own surrounded units. Lost contact with HQ was quite common problem in WWII. Say if there was no recon or supply flight near friendly surrounded unit and there is no HQ in the area contact/control should be lost after one turn.

(in reply to zook08)
Post #: 243
RE: Wish List - 3/9/2008 11:03:42 AM   
serg3d1

quote:

ORIGINAL: JW

As some others have mentioned, I would like a wider range of choices other than AI AI+ and AI++. There is a pretty big jump from AI to AI+, and it would be nice in random scenarios and I'm sure some of the regular scenarios to be able to fine tune the AI production.

I agree. I'm unable to win random map against 2+1 AI opponent at AI+, and vanilla AI seems too easy. Smooth difficulty slider would be good.

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 244
RE: Wish List - 3/9/2008 11:03:41 PM   
Moltke71

People saying the the AI is too tough?  I'm marking this day in red!!!

Jim Cobb

(in reply to serg3d1)
Post #: 245
RE: Wish List - 3/10/2008 1:16:03 AM   
Iron Knight

I love this game! I think most of the stuff I really want I can mod in like extra units and a more 'tree' shaped tech tree, but it would be really cool if diplomacy was built into the game engine as part of the stratigic map window. I see myself creating many scenarios that need diplomacy and it would be really nice if it were just part of the game, like FOW or shroud. (Also so you can have it in randoms games without invalidating shroud).

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 246
RE: Wish List - 3/10/2008 12:37:05 PM   
Vic

I hope to give some more information about the future of AT in a few months. At the moment i am hard at work on a next at engine based game though. 

I am noting everything being posted in this thread and appreciate all the feedback very much. Though of course i can already say not ALL suggestions will make it into the next game, however some are already making it in!

< Message edited by Vic -- 3/10/2008 12:48:00 PM >

(in reply to Iron Knight)
Post #: 247
RE: Wish List - 3/10/2008 8:40:05 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

I hope to give some more information about the future of AT in a few months. At the moment i am hard at work on a next at engine based game though. 

I am noting everything being posted in this thread and appreciate all the feedback very much. Though of course i can already say not ALL suggestions will make it into the next game, however some are already making it in!

Good to hear Vic - based on what you've done with AT, I know your next game will be on my buy list.

Rick

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 248
RE: Wish List - 3/11/2008 4:21:40 PM   
BULLDOGINTHEUK

It would be nice to have the option to have a sound file load when you to an 'execmessage' command, similar to the load event pic option. For example when you have an event happen like a winter readiness penalty event you could have a windy blustery noise, or when a capital falls a sad instrumental sound, for my Trek mod I would have liked some space sounds or Spock saying something interesting. It would just add more depth to the game and as far as I can see could be added relatively easily.

Its heartening to know that Vic is hard at work on the next title .

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 249
Unit transfers - UNDO Button - 3/13/2008 8:01:34 AM   
balto

When I transfer stuff, I frequently forget to realize where the Default is when I am transferring stuff. So I frequently transfer the wrong stuff (like STAFF instead of RIFLE). After a few turns, you are clicking your butt off, so I am pretty sure I am not the only one doing this.

I also accidentally transfer other things, but man, when you accidentally transfer STAFF from HQ to a regular unit, you get hammered with penalties! So is there any way to have an UNDO TRANSFER button.

Or maybe not allow the transfer of STAFF to non-HQ units? Or maybe when you transfer STAFF from HQ to a regular unit, a Window pops up and says "You sure you want to do this, this is pretty dumb of you to do this, so are you sure you want to transfer STAFF from HQ to a regular unit, you dumb a##." Or maybe a shorter message, I leave that up to Vic.

(in reply to montarakid)
Post #: 250
RE: Unit transfers - UNDO Button - 3/13/2008 10:15:02 AM   
SSFSX17

quote:

ORIGINAL: balto

When I transfer stuff, I frequently forget to realize where the Default is when I am transferring stuff. So I frequently transfer the wrong stuff (like STAFF instead of RIFLE). After a few turns, you are clicking your butt off, so I am pretty sure I am not the only one doing this.

I also accidentally transfer other things, but man, when you accidentally transfer STAFF from HQ to a regular unit, you get hammered with penalties! So is there any way to have an UNDO TRANSFER button.

Or maybe not allow the transfer of STAFF to non-HQ units? Or maybe when you transfer STAFF from HQ to a regular unit, a Window pops up and says "You sure you want to do this, this is pretty dumb of you to do this, so are you sure you want to transfer STAFF from HQ to a regular unit, you dumb a##." Or maybe a shorter message, I leave that up to Vic.

I often have a similar problem, but with Trucks and Halftracks. I would definitely love an "undo transfer" action as well.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 251
Engineers: Canals - 3/16/2008 2:44:17 AM   
Tac2i

In some of my multi-player games, a player gets a single start city in the middle of a small island with no access to the ocean. Allow Engineers to build canals that only cargo ships are allowed to move on. It would allow a landlocked player to get to the open ocean and build a port. Set some limits on them so they aren't used in a cheesy way. Alternatively, have the map creation routine check for landlocked start cities and ensure that all land masses with start cities get at least one coastal town.

(in reply to SSFSX17)
Post #: 252
RE: Engineers: Canals - 3/16/2008 12:02:04 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webizen

In some of my multi-player games, a player gets a single start city in the middle of a small island with no access to the ocean. Allow Engineers to build canals that only cargo ships are allowed to move on. It would allow a landlocked player to get to the open ocean and build a port. Set some limits on them so they aren't used in a cheesy way. Alternatively, have the map creation routine check for landlocked start cities and ensure that all land masses with start cities get at least one coastal town.

Which version are you playing?

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 253
RE: Engineers: Canals - 3/16/2008 2:11:10 PM   
Tac2i

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

Which version are you playing?

Playing 1.12: The specific incident I'm thinking of is a player stated he was on an island with a small inland sea where he had a coastal start city but no city on the coast surrounding the island and therefore no ability to expand beyond that island.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 254
RE: Engineers: Canals - 3/16/2008 2:30:32 PM   
ravinhood

Lol 9 pages of "gemme gemme gemme Vic" lol just too much. I've never seen so much gemme gemme gemme for a $40 game. ;)

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 255
RE: Wish List - 3/18/2008 10:49:33 PM   
Barthheart

Ok, now that I understand the event sequence I have a wish.

Would it be possible to add an event trigger that happens when a specific hex/location changes owners. Right away, as soon as the hex changes handsnot wait for the next player turn.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 256
RE: Wish List - 3/20/2008 3:47:08 PM   
zook08

Please, pretty please: when my fleet, on a long move, passes by an enemy fleet I didn't see before, make it stop. It doesn't make much sense in valilla AT, but in scenarios where fleet movement is increased, you can plot 20 or 30 hex moves, and it's embarassing to see that your battle fleet passed by an unprotected enemy transport fleet without stopping.

Naval interception would also be sweet, if it's not too complicated to implement.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 257
RE: Wish List - 3/20/2008 4:18:17 PM   
BULLDOGINTHEUK

That last comment from Zook08 about fleets stopping when the enemy is spotted has my vote.

(in reply to zook08)
Post #: 258
RE: Engineers: Canals - 3/20/2008 7:51:40 PM   
Grell

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Lol 9 pages of "gemme gemme gemme Vic" lol just too much. I've never seen so much gemme gemme gemme for a $40 game. ;)

LOL yeah no kidding.

Regards,

Grell

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 259
RE: Wish List - 3/20/2008 8:59:41 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: zook08

Please, pretty please: when my fleet, on a long move, passes by an enemy fleet I didn't see before, make it stop. It doesn't make much sense in valilla AT, but in scenarios where fleet movement is increased, you can plot 20 or 30 hex moves, and it's embarassing to see that your battle fleet passed by an unprotected enemy transport fleet without stopping.

Naval interception would also be sweet, if it's not too complicated to implement.

good point. it annoyed me too i was moving my fleets hex by hex

(in reply to zook08)
Post #: 260
RE: Wish List - 3/22/2008 8:03:59 PM   
BULLDOGINTHEUK

The unit counters and hexes I feel could be larger, at least twice the size, perhaps 3 times. When I have been designing scenarios it is very difficult to show a unit or landscape with such a small space with which to work in. This perhaps could allow for 2-3 levels of zoom. The units and countryside could look so much more appealing. I know this is not a game that sells on its graphics but I think a bit of eye candy would make it even better than it is already. Icons 'could' be made to look like this:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 261
RE: Wish List - 3/22/2008 10:08:55 PM   
zook08

With the result that only 12x6 hexes would fit on your typical 19" screen? I'd rather see the opposite - that the unit info area, which takes up so much space, is made smaller so we can see more of the map.

(in reply to BULLDOGINTHEUK)
Post #: 262
RE: Wish List - 3/23/2008 2:45:06 PM   
Herode_2

+1

(in reply to zook08)
Post #: 263
RE: Wish List - 3/23/2008 10:16:10 PM   
Tac2i

Your counters look great but the swastika probably won't fly. It is outlawed in Germany and probably other places as well. The German Iron Cross would work better I think (for the national flag as well).

quote:

ORIGINAL: BULLDOGINTHEUK

The unit counters and hexes I feel could be larger, at least twice the size, perhaps 3 times. When I have been designing scenarios it is very difficult to show a unit or landscape with such a small space with which to work in. This perhaps could allow for 2-3 levels of zoom. The units and countryside could look so much more appealing. I know this is not a game that sells on its graphics but I think a bit of eye candy would make it even better than it is already. Icons 'could' be made to look like this:

Post #: 264
RE: Wish List - 3/23/2008 11:36:53 PM   
BULLDOGINTHEUK

This is probably the best I can do for with the small icons .

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 265
RE: Wish List - 3/23/2008 11:37:53 PM   
Joshuatree

"The units and countryside could look so much more appealing. I know this is not a game that sells on its graphics but I think a bit of eye candy would make it even better than it is already. Icons 'could' be made to look like this"

Sure thing, looks great.
I do wonder if Vic will improve the graphics for his next installment of AT, I really do hope so.

/edit @ Bulldog, hmm, looks like CivI to me :-)

< Message edited by Joshuatree -- 3/23/2008 11:40:38 PM >

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 266
RE: Wish List - 3/24/2008 1:31:48 AM   
rickier65

I like those icons. Will you be releasing a set for use.

A while back I starting writing a Java app that would help manage unit icons. I had it almost working, but then it looked like we wouldnt be getting many icons sets so I stopped.

Rick

Post #: 267
RE: Wish List - 3/24/2008 2:03:58 PM   
BULLDOGINTHEUK

I only did a few German units, which took quite a while just to see what can be done in such a small box. Unfortunately not much. I can do a graphics set if people want me too but it will take some time. Nick's terrain graphic mod on the AT community site is very good if you want to change the terrain but I think by changing both the terrain and units graphics in 1 scenario would be too large a file to upload onto the community site as I had problems uploading just 5.41MB. I suppose players could download 2 files but would players be prepared to do this? Rick, I am interested in this Java application, what would it do? Anything to help ease the strain on my fingers . Wibizen, I know the Swastika would not be allowed, I was just using the counters as examples. I agree that the Iron Cross would work better.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 268
RE: Wish List - 3/24/2008 8:43:35 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: BULLDOGINTHEUK

Rick, I am interested in this Java application, what would it do? Anything to help ease the strain on my fingers

Bulldog - probably wouldnt help your fingers, I was just working on tool to manage the different unit sets, back them up and swap them in and out of the crorrect directorys. When I bought AT, I was going through an online Java class, AT kinda disrupted my concentration and I stopped, then I saw some unit sets and decided I'd mess with something closer to what I was interested in.

I stopped before I finished it - with only one other symbol set around I decided it was not very useful.

Rick

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rick -- 3/24/2008 8:44:49 PM >

Post #: 269
RE: Wish List - 3/25/2008 3:46:26 PM   
zook08

A minor UI issue: assigning a HQ to a unit could be simplified (less clicks) a little if clicking the "Assign" icon would display a list of all HQ icons, sorted by distance. Usually, I only have five or six of those, so there won't be a lot of possible confusion. Alternatively, the game could automatically select the HQ closest to the unit; in most cases, that is what I want anyway.

This would save only a couple of clicks each time, but since that organizational stuff can take a lot of time in this game, the net result could be considerable.

Another point that nags me is that the confirm button (the green OK icon) is always on the left of the menu bar, far from the other controls I need to use when assigning HQs, attacking or other activities. Couldn't you move that button to the center or right?

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: Wish List Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI