Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ski troops in summer?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ski troops in summer? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ski troops in summer? - 10/4/2000 7:07:00 AM   
Wolverine

Is it rather weird that you can buy ski troops in summer? Why don't you change that?

Post #: 1
- 10/4/2000 7:45:00 AM   
Leibstandarte

I believe it's that way because as I understand the OOB files to remove these troops during summer would require a new slot in the OOB for each unit each year. I mean you would need a slot for ski troops in winter 1939, another sperate slot for winter 1940 and so on. I suppose if you wanted to you can adjust that in the OOB but if there are no empty slots you will have to drop a few units. Give it a shoot in the OOB editior. I have changed a few units and I'm sure you'll find the OOB editor as friendly and as easy to use as I did. Hope this helps answer your question. ------------------ Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

(in reply to Wolverine)
Post #: 2
- 10/4/2000 9:08:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Ski troops behave as regular troops on non-winter maps. If you choose a winter map they behave as ski troops.

(in reply to Wolverine)
Post #: 3
- 10/4/2000 6:08:00 PM   
Wolverine

Oh... well that's good. Thanks for info.

(in reply to Wolverine)
Post #: 4
- 10/4/2000 8:55:00 PM   
Charles22

Along the same lines, though sort of opposite (how's that for confusing?)....in playing as Russia in campaign, starting 12/39, there are no partisans available. You can't choose partisans till Russia's invaded. You always have that problem don't you? If you keep partisans not available till the invasion you're keeping the availability historically accurate, but on the other hand the campaigner in Finland can't pick it. While that may seem a bit not worth mentioning, on the surface, there is a little more to this, for I know, that at least in the earlier versions, if you bought a recon unit, and converted it into non-recon (doing this with tanks is something I've specifically done) it would keep it's recon unit status. Since I noticed it doing this, I didn't want to give my core the advantage of having some stealth King Tigers later, so I've worked around it and just tried to pick the cheapest non-recon type tank in order to get the core tank numbers up where I want them, and still not have to pick the usually cheaper recon, and recon would stay recon. What I'm "imagining" here, is that the status of a core unit stays that way throughout. In other words, in the particular situation I bring up, if the Russian campaigner specifically picks, say B0-B3 as his slots for future partisans and places regular infantry there in 12/39 for lack of partisans, then when those infantry are upgraded to partisans, they will keep the prior non-recon role they had, and though they may still be able to infiltrate, they will not be stealthy. I must mention that I've NEVER tried the switching of regular infantry to partisan, and I would like to know if the new version will remove recon status on former recon units converted into non-recon.

(in reply to Wolverine)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ski troops in summer? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI