Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is there a list of changes for the 7.1 patch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Is there a list of changes for the 7.1 patch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there a list of changes for the 7.1 patch? - 3/27/2002 8:07:54 PM   
herr1

Would it be possible for us to have a list of changes in the 7.1 patch? I would be keen to find out if the Lost Leaders problem from MCNA has been addressed.

Many thanks

Dr Rob H
Post #: 1
- 3/27/2002 8:19:52 PM   
Paul Vebber

There is a basic list on the thread david posted "available soon". The MC problems are fixed by the respective MC patches.

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 2
- 3/27/2002 8:27:43 PM   
herr1

thanks for the reply Paul. I had seen the basic list and just wanted a little more info. I now have the file and am looking forward to installing it.

Is there a full list in the patch file? As to the MCNA lost leaders is this addressed by the MCNA patch on the matrix site at the moment?

Dr Rob H

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 3
- 3/27/2002 11:55:58 PM   
Paul Vebber

I think between the 7.1 patch and the individual MC patches - the lost leader thing should be fixed? If not let us know...

I don't have a more detailed list of changes. unfortunatley, when you are short on time, doucmentation is always the first thing to be skimped on...

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 4
- 3/28/2002 12:43:44 AM   
kshinner

Paul, version 7.1 didn't solve the lost leaders issue with MCNA for me. I downloaded version 7.1 yesterday and played the alternate first scenario for MCNA, "Catch That Train". I had 5 lost leaders by the second scenario. If you want more details, please let me know.

"We got our own ammuninition - it's filled with paint. When we fire it...it makes pretty pictures - scares the hell outta people." - Oddball

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 5
- 3/28/2002 1:30:27 AM   
skukko

Hi

list of changes... you ain't asking much :D

Lots of small things such as missing retreat flags, missing reinforcement flags, p2 -issue all over (but that can't be set to our problem as it came so late) and alot more that makes AI behave nicely to player. It is huge list to collect as some of the mossing features can be just reseted by opening scenario in editor.

Could be easier that I'll give you my list that should be in mind when doing scenarios, I'll post new topic so it gets attention...

mosh

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 6
- 3/28/2002 1:54:52 AM   
Paul Vebber

I'm asking around - It may have only been fixed in LV??? I don't think it was an issue in Watchtower?

Will find out...

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 7
- 3/28/2002 4:07:52 AM   
john g

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kshinner
[B]Paul, version 7.1 didn't solve the lost leaders issue with MCNA for me. I downloaded version 7.1 yesterday and played the alternate first scenario for MCNA, "Catch That Train". I had 5 lost leaders by the second scenario. If you want more details, please let me know. [/B][/QUOTE]

Not all units of you kampfgruppe are involved in every battle. How are you determining that you lost leaders between battle 1 and 2?

I played the train mutiple times with the beta, testing how it worked, and the times I went on, isn't it the convoy attack the next battle? Totally different force there. Are you ending up with the low experiance leader replacements that people are complaining about, even if you don't lose units in the previous battle?
thanks, John.

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 8
- 3/28/2002 4:37:10 AM   
kshinner

I right-click on a particular unit to get it's information screen. If it's leader's name is blank and it's rally, infantry, artillery, and armor numbers are all in the teens and twenties (when all my other units are in the 70-90 range -- for rally and armor), then I'm calling that a "lost leader". I've played through the first alternate scenario a number of times and it seems to particularly dislike F2, F3, F4, G0 and G1 in scenario 2.

I lost tanks in scenario 1 but no crews so no one should have needed to be replaced. If they were replaced, it seems they pulled the nearest no-named yokel off the farm and let him command a tank! And it shows when you try to use them!

If you want specific details or me to send you the saved files to see for yourself, just let me know.

"We got our own ammuninition - it's filled with paint. When we fire it...it makes pretty pictures - scares the hell outta people." - Oddball

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 9
- 3/28/2002 12:21:24 PM   
skukko

Howdy :)

!! I Hope I remember this right as its old issue for me: !!

Lost leader bug is born in core.dat file. It has nothing to do with mech-engine.

All MCs should have new core.dat made after January 31, 2002. If not then they have lost leader bug. This has been informed to code -department, but...

All you gamers thanx and hurray for one man who found and resolved it: Rockin Harry.

Redlegs site has patch for Watchtower, but I have not downloaded it so I don't know what it got inside.

Wild Bill was going to do something about this also, so few kilos download is recommended.

mosh

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 10
- 3/28/2002 2:52:33 PM   
herr1

Dear All,

Thanks for all the info and help so far so far, however, I still have a few more points/questions:-

1. Does the MCNA patch solve the lost leaders problem. i.e. does it have a post January 31st 2002 core.dat file?

2. There seems to be a patch for 'Watchtower, that solves the problem there, I know this is unlikely but if you do not have watchtower will this solve the problem in MCNA?

3. Assuming you have bought MCNA and built up to v7.1 using the various patch files, how wold you add another Mega Campaign (I'm considering purchasing MCLV as well).

Sorry if I'm a P in the A (a my wife tells me)

By the way, I downloaded 7.1 yesterday and had a go in my non-mega campaign and all seems well so far (I remembered to browse for the file location!).

Dr Rob H

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 11
- 3/28/2002 5:53:00 PM   
skukko

Hi :)

I have not had time to look for NA or WT patches and what they include, sorry ;) But leader -problem is known. Late January was date Harry gave us first solution for it.

I don't really understand why people have problem installing MCs. Once installed you can copy and paste Megacampaign folder to new installation without a problem. Its quite a big swap, but then again harddisk space is cheap ;) Just take care that you install main spwaw correctly and MCs to un-nested folders. At least WT and LV gives you opportunity to install them alone, not whole thing.

mosh

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 12
- 3/28/2002 5:59:31 PM   
herr1

Skukko

Thanks for the advice on installing MC's.

Dr Rob H

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 13
- 3/28/2002 8:59:22 PM   
kshinner

herr1, I regret to inform you that the MCNA patch only contains 4 revised scenarios, not a core.dat file. Anthony created a MCNA fixer program that I got through Mikel. With it you can individually fix lost leaders as they come up. Not a perfect situation, but will let you continue the campaign. If you would like it, please let me know.

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 14
- 3/28/2002 9:14:00 PM   
herr1

Thanks kshinner,

Would it be possible for you to post the 'fix' on this thread so that others could download it? If not I have left you a private message with my email address.

Dr Rob H

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 15
- 3/28/2002 9:26:44 PM   
kshinner

Per request, here's the MCNA fixing program from Anthony.

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 16
- 3/28/2002 9:30:11 PM   
kshinner

Well, I TRIED to post the file, but it doesn't look like it took. What am I doing wrong?

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 17
- 3/28/2002 10:05:57 PM   
herr1

Thanks for sending the Camp fix file by email kshinner, I'll have a go posting it with this message

Dr Rob H

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 18
- 3/28/2002 10:08:27 PM   
herr1

Seems I have the same problem! I used the 'attach file' section of the reply as I suspect kshinner did and no file was attached. any ideas from you people out there?

Dr Rob H

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 19
- 3/28/2002 10:55:34 PM   
john g

[QUOTE]Originally posted by herr1
[B]Seems I have the same problem! I used the 'attach file' section of the reply as I suspect kshinner did and no file was attached. any ideas from you people out there? [/B][/QUOTE]

Was it perhaps an .exe file? There are limits to the file types allowed:
.gif
.jpg
.txt
.zip
.jpeg
.doc

Why .lbm or .smk files (which the game actually uses) are not allowed is beyond me?

I tried a placeholder file attached to this to see if it attaches files from a local drive, with the old forum software, you just added a url to something already uploaded to a page on the internet.
thanks, John.

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 20
- 3/28/2002 11:00:32 PM   
john g

[QUOTE]Originally posted by skukko
[B]Howdy :)

!! I Hope I remember this right as its old issue for me: !!

Lost leader bug is born in core.dat file. It has nothing to do with mech-engine.

All MCs should have new core.dat made after January 31, 2002. If not then they have lost leader bug. This has been informed to code -department, but...

Wild Bill was going to do something about this also, so few kilos download is recommended.

mosh [/B][/QUOTE]

I am glad this one was finally found out, I will be on the lookout for the core.dat file for MCNA. Mine is the one that came with the cd.

I guess we need to get Bill to come out of retirement for a few days more.
thanks, John.

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 21
- 4/8/2002 7:59:55 AM   
Anthony_MatrixForum

I am trying to find somewhere to host the program file - I will post another message when I have done so

Anthony

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 22
- 4/8/2002 8:12:42 AM   
Supervisor

I contacted the Wild man to this subject matter. I'm awaiting his reply. Has anyone noticed this in WT??? It's core.dat was created before Jan 31, 2002. If he doens't take on the task as his plate is always overflowing I'm sure he'll give repair instruction to myself or someone else so we can get it resolved.

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 23
- 4/8/2002 11:37:18 AM   
Big T

Will this fix all the MC's lost leaders or just the one in WT?? I'm not familer with the way the code works, so pardon my ignorance :confused:

-T
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."(Douglas Adams)

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 24
- 4/8/2002 12:25:05 PM   
Supervisor

Big T, the Lost Leader issue has been repaired by the LV team, they may lose ranks though as this is a programing code problem. The program we speak of will fix the issue some what for MCNA, I'm not even sure if their is a problem with WT, I can't remember any reports of this. This program is a use at your own risk though and not endorsed by Matrix we're looking into trying to fix the core.dat files for MCNA and posibly WT.

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Is there a list of changes for the 7.1 patch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI