Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Automatic Industry and Production?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Automatic Industry and Production? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Automatic Industry and Production? - 10/28/2009 2:48:13 PM   
Riko

High

I search through 100 of threads, and in dont find anything.
The game is the best i found in the last years.

But it is possible and exactly what should i do, to play with complete automate industry and production the grand scenarios? Japan and or USA.

Thanks for the answers.

(tracker and staff are not run on my system, i tested all variations include java and so on)
Post #: 1
RE: Automatic Industry and Production? - 10/28/2009 4:22:29 PM   
n01487477

Play as the Allies "most" of the production is automated, you don't have this luxury as the Japanese.

As for Tracker, you have never posted in the forum asking for support (actually just saw this is your first post ... so welcome)

Go to the Tracker forum thread (middle of the page), and list what errors you are receiving. A screen shot of the dos screen will help. What OS you are using etc.

I don't think I've failed to get it working on anyones system yet ...

(in reply to Riko)
Post #: 2
RE: Automatic Industry and Production? - 10/28/2009 4:51:49 PM   
Riko

Ok, it does not go. What a pity. thanks

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3
RE: Automatic Industry and Production? - 10/28/2009 4:57:12 PM   
n01487477

Learning the production model is one of the great things about this game ... still play as the Allies until you have the basics, then switch to the Japanese and find another layer to discover

Tracker and Staff can help in this learning process ...

(in reply to Riko)
Post #: 4
RE: Automatic Industry and Production? - 10/28/2009 5:37:08 PM   
Riko

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Learning the production model is one of the great things about this game ... still play as the Allies until you have the basics, then switch to the Japanese and find another layer to discover

Tracker and Staff can help in this learning process ...

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes no1487477, i know what you mean. All is OK.
And be sure, i do it. Questions about the tracker and so on too. The production is sure hot, and a little heart of the game. But for absolutly newbies is this heavy, i am a German with bad enlish, to begin so hard.
When now the big szenario wait with the hole detailed dreamfull WW2 Pacific War include Industry.
The small scenarios are too small to lern the combat system. Is not enough time.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 5
RE: Automatic Industry and Production? - 10/29/2009 5:30:52 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Riko

The small scenarios are too small to lern the combat system. Is not enough time.

The Guadacanal scenario is 6 months, a good time frame to get the combat mechanics down. In fact, good to get much of the game except industry down.

Pax

(in reply to Riko)
Post #: 6
RE: Automatic Industry and Production? - 10/29/2009 6:00:51 AM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Riko

But for absolutly newbies is this heavy, i am a German with bad enlish, to begin so hard.
When now the big szenario wait with the hole detailed dreamfull WW2 Pacific War include Industry.

Welcome to WitP AE, Riko! And now let me share a few secrets with you:

1) Long time WitP veterans are intimidated by this new version, so you are not alone.

2) It's best not to start learning this game by playing Japan. The game is hard enough without trying to learn the production system, too.

3) Don't worry about winning. At the start you should have two goals, learning how to play and having fun.

4) The best way to do that is to pick a theatre and focus exclusively on that. For example, play only the Phillipines and maybe the Dutch East Indies. Ignore everything else. Let your damaged ships burn in Pearl Harbor and don't pay any attention to the US, China, India, or Australia. Let the AI do whatever it wants there. You. Don't. Care. Your job is to play a lot of turns quickly, learning as you go. How to defend against invasion, how to set up CAP, how to evacuate ships and units, and how to handle naval battles. Play quickly and have fun and DON'T WORRY ABOUT WINNING!!!!

5) After you've dome that for a month or so, next you can do the same thing with the US. Ignore everything else on the map. Now all you are focused on is learning how to set up convoys and how best to get resources to Australia and submarine ops and some limited carrier raids. EXPECT TO MAKE MISTAKES. But it will be OK since you are playing fast and having fun. And if you lose some carriers or design convoys poorly, who cares? Winning isn't the object.

See where I'm going? Most people get very stressed over this game because they are trying to do things perfectly and they worry that an early mistake will damage a campaign that could take months (or years) to finish. But when the goal is to play fast in a small area and learn some cool things and try out strategies for possible use during your first "real" campaign, well, ALL the pressure is off.

Enjoy!

(in reply to Riko)
Post #: 7
RE: Automatic Industry and Production? - 10/29/2009 7:23:49 AM   
Riko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

Welcome to WitP AE, Riko! And now let me share a few secrets with you:

1) Long time WitP veterans are intimidated by this new version, so you are not alone.

2) It's best not to start learning this game by playing Japan. The game is hard enough without trying to learn the production system, too.

3) Don't worry about winning. At the start you should have two goals, learning how to play and having fun.

4) The best way to do that is to pick a theatre and focus exclusively on that. For example, play only the Phillipines and maybe the Dutch East Indies. Ignore everything else. Let your damaged ships burn in Pearl Harbor and don't pay any attention to the US, China, India, or Australia. Let the AI do whatever it wants there. You. Don't. Care. Your job is to play a lot of turns quickly, learning as you go. How to defend against invasion, how to set up CAP, how to evacuate ships and units, and how to handle naval battles. Play quickly and have fun and DON'T WORRY ABOUT WINNING!!!!

5) After you've dome that for a month or so, next you can do the same thing with the US. Ignore everything else on the map. Now all you are focused on is learning how to set up convoys and how best to get resources to Australia and submarine ops and some limited carrier raids. EXPECT TO MAKE MISTAKES. But it will be OK since you are playing fast and having fun. And if you lose some carriers or design convoys poorly, who cares? Winning isn't the object.

See where I'm going? Most people get very stressed over this game because they are trying to do things perfectly and they worry that an early mistake will damage a campaign that could take months (or years) to finish. But when the goal is to play fast in a small area and learn some cool things and try out strategies for possible use during your first "real" campaign, well, ALL the pressure is off.

Enjoy!

WoW, what a answer.
Perfect!
I understand to 100% what you mean. THIS is the way how goes.
If i start a games and look in the north, oh God, and this all in english.
I do it so, like you say, be sure! And i enjoy.
btw: In the last 25 years, i never saw a developer like Gary Grigsby. It was barbarous, what he do.
And if it´s true, that he do the same with war in russia?

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 8
RE: Automatic Industry and Production? - 10/31/2009 11:07:14 PM   
NAVMAN

Hi All:
Regarding Allied industry, is there anything for a player to do other than turning
"repair" on or off? Don't see anything here to do as far as managing.
Thx.

(in reply to Riko)
Post #: 9
RE: Automatic Industry and Production? - 11/1/2009 8:26:18 AM   
Riko

quote:

ORIGINAL:  NAVMAN

Hi All:
Regarding Allied industry, is there anything for a player to do other than turning
"repair" on or off? Don't see anything here to do as far as managing.
Thx.

Hello NAVMAN, yes you can, but not in the editor. but ingame you can individuel switch on and off for the factories.

http://www.heartsofiron.eu/forum/download/file.php?id=36436

And i found something. In the editor is a chance to turn on or of the production. I think, if i switch of, the industry is off too.
is that true or forgot i something? Because of ingame i can with off mode handle with the button and so on? Is there a mistake?

http://www.heartsofiron.eu/forum/download/file.php?id=36437

screens does not go?

< Message edited by Riko -- 11/1/2009 8:32:03 AM >

(in reply to NAVMAN)
Post #: 10
RE: Automatic Industry and Production? - 11/2/2009 6:11:03 PM   
NAVMAN

Riko,
Thx for the reply. As far as I can see, "in game", I can only change some
aircraft factories from upgrade to not upgrade, etc. Is this what you are alluding
to?

(in reply to Riko)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Automatic Industry and Production? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI