Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What is the best MC?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> What is the best MC? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is the best MC? - 7/8/2002 3:57:43 AM   
Hades

I'm thinking of buying one of them since I didn't get Xeno's:( :(. So what do you guys think is the best/funnest?

"History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave."
-Edmund Morris

[img]http://members.hometown.aol.com/guarana861512/myhomepage/russiankatkillers.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_US[/img]
[img]http://publish.hometown.aol.com/kenkbaran/images/spwaw-virtual-b-o-b
Post #: 1
Depends upon what you like? - 7/8/2002 4:04:42 AM   
Gary Tatro

Lost Victorys your core is an infantry company and a Kampfdgrup.
Desert Fox your core is Armored cars and Tanks.
Watch Tower don't know don't have.

I have played LV about 1/3 of the way through. It is huge(I think the largest of all MC) and has some great senarios. I guess it depends on if you are an infantry man or a tank guy.

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 2
Whats your flavor - 7/8/2002 8:09:08 AM   
Supervisor

As Gary stated it's a matter of what you like. Having all 3 the best value for the buck would be Lost Victories, as it has double the amount of possible scenarios over the 2nd largest Desert Fox. And so are the battles, they are huge with lots of tropps all over the map, each battle takes quite a bit of time and effort to complete.
Watchtower pits the US Marines against Japan on the Guadalcanal Islands. There are 67 scenarios that have you doing alot of jungle warfare, not much armor but alot of experienced ground troops. All the battles are very fast and furious. So you see it's up to what you like to play. Desert Battles with lots of Armor=Desert Fox, Mixed battles with almost every available unit possible on a huge country side that never seems to end=Lost Victories, Fast Furious US Marines ground troop battles over Island terrain against Japan in Guadalcanal=Operation Watchtower

PS: Due to it's very limited supply of MCNA Desert Fox you may want to pick this up as once they're gone there will be no more to be had.

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 3
- 7/9/2002 4:51:59 AM   
Jim1954

I vote for MCLV as the variety is greater and full of surprises.

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 4
- 7/9/2002 3:18:18 PM   
B52g

I would say it is Desert Fox. If you like to do odd things like destroy trains, kill some Generals, free POW's and other strange things instead just slugging it out battle after battle, thats the one you want. If you can find it. It is the most "interesting" of the three, in my opinion.

John

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 5
- 7/23/2002 5:57:04 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

IMHO, that all depends on what type of battles are your cup of tea. If you prefer armor against armor with some infantry in support, Desert Fox is for you. If you prefer lots of infantry with AFV support, go with Opperation Watchtower. If you like a mixed bag, and big challenges to your tactical skills, LV is your MC.

If you want to see Matrix prosper and continue to bring us great stuff such as SP:WaW, then buy them all! Why not get some for your friends and relatives? :D :D

Eric Maietta

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 6
- 7/24/2002 7:58:08 PM   
OKW-73

I cant comment others but Lost Victories is just great :)

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> What is the best MC? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI