Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cant run game anymore /sobs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Cant run game anymore /sobs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cant run game anymore /sobs - 4/12/2010 9:48:39 PM   
Bestor

Hi I need help when I first got Dw it worked fine for me, but the other day i had a major windows crash which resulted in a full re install. now before the crash i could run Dw at 5040 by 1050 resoulution over 3 screens,

however since the reinstall and re configuration of my triple head, distant worlds will only launch on the left screen, and I get no menus so I cant launch a game, I just the background galaxy image and music, I have un installed and re installed twice with no luck. can anyone help.

is there any chance that the devs will include a resolution selector and windowed mode anytime soon to avoid this type of think happening ?
Post #: 1
RE: Cant run game anymore /sobs - 4/13/2010 12:49:55 AM   
HsojVvad

Sorry wich I could help you. I didn't even know you can have different screens for one computer. Good luck. Is it really that bad playing on one screen?

(in reply to Bestor)
Post #: 2
RE: Cant run game anymore /sobs - 4/13/2010 8:32:31 AM   
Antario

i wasnt even aware this game was suitable to be dual/triple screened....i actually just tried dual, it looks like **** so il stick with 1680x1050 tyvm

but imo this has more to do with the config of your screens and drivers then the game, that prolly runs just fine but the rest screws it up

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 3
RE: Cant run game anymore /sobs - 4/13/2010 11:30:11 AM   
drillerman

I wish I had 3 screens it wouldn't work with!!!!

Huh?

(in reply to Antario)
Post #: 4
RE: Cant run game anymore /sobs - 4/13/2010 6:28:37 PM   
Bestor

Well if it worked on 1 screen i would be happy tbh, but it wont even run on one screen.

(in reply to Bestor)
Post #: 5
RE: Cant run game anymore /sobs - 4/14/2010 3:04:47 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Bestor,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bestor Hi I need help when I first got Dw it worked fine for me, but the other day i had a major windows crash which resulted in a full re install. now before the crash i could run Dw at 5040 by 1050 resoulution over 3 screens,

however since the reinstall and re configuration of my triple head, distant worlds will only launch on the left screen, and I get no menus so I cant launch a game, I just the background galaxy image and music, I have un installed and re installed twice with no luck. can anyone help.

is there any chance that the devs will include a resolution selector and windowed mode anytime soon to avoid this type of think happening?

Are your graphic drivers and settings different now than they were before your crash? A single setting could in theory be the difference here. I have no personal experience with three monitor setups (I use two without an issue, but haven't tried three), so I can be of limited assistance in determining what the proper settings for your system should be.

Still, please post a DxDiag for us and if possible post a screenshot of your driver settings.

Also, is this with 1.0.3? Did you try any of the previous versions to see if this is version-specific?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Bestor)
Post #: 6
RE: Cant run game anymore /sobs - 4/14/2010 6:39:38 PM   
Bestor

Now you mention it it was an older vid driver i was running last time, and also i was on v 1.0.2 ill try the older driver and older version when i get home and let you know it works, also ill attach a dx diag aswell

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Cant run game anymore /sobs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI