Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New bug....has never happened before

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> New bug....has never happened before Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New bug....has never happened before - 8/19/2010 8:03:46 PM   
Borst50

This is strange! I have never had this happen before...except in the last 2 days.....in 2 seperate engagements. To wit: I am playing East Front/Vienna to Budapest DCG. I am in my 4th Battle. During the random generation of forces and the subsequent setup, it seems my corps HQ (German) is generated on the russian side of the map. I did not notice until the first turn.....when suddenly all the nearby russian units fire on it. the first time this happened...i deleted the campaign and started over, but now the problem persists.

This only happens with corp HQ and nothing else.
Post #: 1
RE: New bug....has never happened before - 8/19/2010 8:30:30 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Borst50

This is strange! I have never had this happen before...except in the last 2 days.....in 2 seperate engagements. To wit: I am playing East Front/Vienna to Budapest DCG. I am in my 4th Battle. During the random generation of forces and the subsequent setup, it seems my corps HQ (German) is generated on the russian side of the map. I did not notice until the first turn.....when suddenly all the nearby russian units fire on it. the first time this happened...i deleted the campaign and started over, but now the problem persists.

This only happens with corp HQ and nothing else.

Wow.. now that is bizarre.... and a first!

Is it being placed by some other unit type consistently?

Jason Petho

(in reply to Borst50)
Post #: 2
RE: New bug....has never happened before - 8/22/2010 11:14:58 PM   
Borst50

as near as i can figgure....it is an anomally only with corp HQ. Since i do not have the corp HQ in every engagement...I look for other units now. thus far...it is only the corp HQ that is affected. every time i recieve a corp HQ...it randomly generates on the russian side of the map...usually within 3 or 4 hexes of the map edge...but to answer your question...yes...this is now consistent.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: New bug....has never happened before - 8/23/2010 11:30:53 PM   
tide1527

That happened to me about a month ago playing a LCG. I don't recall if it was Vienna to Budapest but the Corps HQ started on the north edge of the map. The Russian units didn't bother it but it did fire on Russian units comming onto the map.

< Message edited by tide1527 -- 8/23/2010 11:31:56 PM >

(in reply to Borst50)
Post #: 4
RE: New bug....has never happened before - 8/30/2010 1:47:25 AM   
Big Ivan

Jason,

Just and FYI,

I've seen this German HQ on the Russian side too but in random generate battles. That fits with the campaign generation.

Usually happens when the random generator gives the Russians an infantry force. I've never seen it with a Russian mechanized force.

I'm playing CS with 1.04 update through WinVISTA Home.

Thought you should know.
Best Always!!

John

Aka: Big Ivan

(in reply to Borst50)
Post #: 5
RE: New bug....has never happened before - 9/4/2010 5:04:14 PM   
Borst50

hmmmm..interesting. from what i have noticed, its usually a tank/mech force i fight against...yes..still my corp HQ generates on the russian side.

very seldom do i encounter a russian infantry force on the battlefield. mostly i see a lot of T-34/85's, SU-122's, and not a few ISU-152's. I havent progressed far enough into the campaign to see the ISU-2's yet....but they are coming!

My point being....i dont think its related to enemy force generation. I am leaning right now to a coding error/systems error. But i have no proof of that. Although,I am curious as to why it happens now. I've had the game for years and played this campaign many times...it has never happened until recently.

Could it be a compatibility issue with a windows update? Microsoft coding? who knows?

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 6
RE: New bug....has never happened before - 9/11/2010 3:42:38 PM   
countblue

Which Windows Operating System do you use?
Theres quite a difference between the game running either on Windows XP or 7/Vista.

Countblue

(in reply to Borst50)
Post #: 7
RE: New bug....has never happened before - 9/30/2010 3:50:17 AM   
Borst50

i started with vista...but "upgraded to xp media" after i hated vista. I have never seen this beforeon either OS. Just until now.

Strange isnt it?

(in reply to countblue)
Post #: 8
RE: New bug....has never happened before - 10/1/2010 6:29:25 AM   
shadowX

ive had this happen in my campaign as well. its only the corp hq and when i look in the setup and click on the button to outline units based on group, the one that has the pink outline around the comp. etc., it highlights the russian units instead of the german ones. if i remember correctly it is listed as the russian oob hq as well. its only the corp hq tho. shadowx

(in reply to Borst50)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> New bug....has never happened before Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI