Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HQ Command Range

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> HQ Command Range Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HQ Command Range - 9/11/2010 7:46:09 PM   
Chris21wen

What is it? I've seen it mentioned in the manual but I can't find any reference to the distance?
Post #: 1
RE: HQ Command Range - 9/11/2010 8:21:34 PM   
Josh

It's mentioned in the scenario briefing, sometimes it's 8, sometimes 10 hexes for 100% Hq influence, that depends on the scenario and the scale. Each hex extra distance is 20% less HQ influence.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: HQ Command Range - 9/12/2010 8:40:55 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

It's mentioned in the scenario briefing, sometimes it's 8, sometimes 10 hexes for 100% Hq influence, that depends on the scenario and the scale. Each hex extra distance is 20% less HQ influence.

I think I'm missing something here. I cannot find this info anywhere in the scenario briefing

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 3
RE: HQ Command Range - 9/13/2010 4:00:32 AM   
Chocolino

Just in case: You can see the current HQ% for a unit in its unit detail information at the bottom of the screen.

But I could not find the max hex distance for 100% HQ in the rules or the briefing that is accessible from the GUI, either. Maybe it is stated at the start of the scenario - don't remember.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 4
RE: HQ Command Range - 9/13/2010 6:33:13 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chocolino

Just in case: You can see the current HQ% for a unit in its unit detail information at the bottom of the screen.

But I could not find the max hex distance for 100% HQ in the rules or the briefing that is accessible from the GUI, either. Maybe it is stated at the start of the scenario - don't remember.

The HQ% is not much useif you don't know what 100% is. ANyway I thougth that was used in combat bonus and possible supply. But I've not got to grips with that yet.

No it's not mentioned at the start so perhaps the designers could shed some light on the subject.

(in reply to Chocolino)
Post #: 5
RE: HQ Command Range - 9/13/2010 9:18:38 AM   
Josh

Well it seems you're right, and I was misstaken, it's not mentioned in the scenario briefing. I'm at a loss where I've read it then
I still think it's 8-10 hexes though, and the HQ is involved in combat bonus, not that I know much about the exact numbers, I'm not a numbercruncher... they give me headaches  I just want the HQ nearby. You can check the HQ% at the unitdetail tab like Chocolino said.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 6
RE: HQ Command Range - 9/14/2010 12:59:29 AM   
Chocolino

I started using the HQ% info mainly for card effects. If the HQ% is lower than 100%, the effect of cards diminishes or vanishes as I just found out. This is another reason to check on HQ% in addition to battle boni.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 7
RE: HQ Command Range - 9/14/2010 4:18:51 AM   
NefariousKoel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chocolino

I started using the HQ% info mainly for card effects. If the HQ% is lower than 100%, the effect of cards diminishes or vanishes as I just found out. This is another reason to check on HQ% in addition to battle boni.

In addition to battle what? You mean bonuses??

I was in the dark about artillery range on my first game, too. I skimmed through the manual and read the scenario description but saw no hard numbers.

(in reply to Chocolino)
Post #: 8
RE: HQ Command Range - 9/14/2010 1:09:30 PM   
Chocolino

"boni" is the masculin nominative plural of the noun bonus (beaten into me with a stick at the time and hard to let go). If you are a native English speaker "bonuses" has become the anglified version and is of course acceptable.

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 9
RE: HQ Command Range - 9/14/2010 1:52:19 PM   
Tordan69

One digit, many fingers :D

(in reply to Chocolino)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> HQ Command Range Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI