Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Explain supply to me please?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Tech Support >> Explain supply to me please? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Explain supply to me please? - 11/23/2010 3:25:07 PM   
Arthurmoment

What should I be looking for on my unit detail screen to ensure that the unit is fully fighting fit? What does the little green (or red) square indicate on the playing piece? Is supply an important factor in advancing into Poland - the little Polish tinkers seem to wander about cutting my supply at the moment (yes, I know, I need to go back to sandhurst).
Seriously, I read an after action which mentioned taking bridges and engineers mending bridges to ensure supply got through. What stats in the unit detail indicate a big problem for my troops. I am constantly amazed how some polish units are so dogged once I have cut them off yet my lot grind to a halt. Any help most welcome.
JR
Post #: 1
RE: Explain supply to me please? - 11/23/2010 5:12:11 PM   
RocketMan

Most units have over one full round of supply in stock, so cutting a unit off from supply will not immediately effect them. It won't effect you on the attack immediately either if you outrun your supply lines for a turn or two. You can see how many rounds of supply a unit has by looking at the "Unit Details" panel for the unit.

Supply is used to restore readiness. From the manual:
Troops consume 50% their supply requirements to not lose readiness.
Troops consume up to 100% supply requirements to gain the first 10 points of readiness.
Troops consume up to 150% their supply requirements to gain the maximum of 30 points.
Exceptions to this are Case Yellow, and the Operation Sea Lion
scenario, where maximum gain of readiness is 20 points.
The little colored boxes on the unit represent the units current supply status. Again from the manual:
If the distance from the original source to the target unit is more than 100 AP, only a part of the
requested supplies can be delivered. If more than 100, only 75% will arrive; if more than 150,
only 50% will arrive; if more than 200 only 25% will arrive.
A green box means the unit is less than 100 APs from its supply source. I think yellow is 100-149 APs and red is 150-199 APs. I don't know the color for 200-249 APs.

Readiness is extremely important in determining a units combat effectiveness. Low readiness means the units will not fight well.

Moral effects how long a unit fights before it retreats.

Integrity effects how many APs a unit gets per turn and also how quickly a unit will break in combat. A unit with low moral will break at a higher integrity than a unit with high moral.

Not really sure what exact effect experience has, but I assume it increases a units combat effectiveness and decreases its likelihood of breaking in combat.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to Arthurmoment)
Post #: 2
RE: Explain supply to me please? - 11/24/2010 6:05:17 PM   
RocketMan

I ran some tests and the colored boxes on a unit are:

Green: 0-99 APs
Yellow: 100-199 APs
Red: 200 or more APs

There really should be a color for each level of supply. I would recommend the following changes:

Green: 0-99 APs (or perhaps dark green)
Blue: 100-149 Aps (or perhaps light green)
Yellow: 150-199 APs
Orange: 200-249 APs
Red: 250 or more APs (out of supply)

< Message edited by RocketMan -- 11/24/2010 6:36:03 PM >

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 3
RE: Explain supply to me please? - 11/25/2010 5:40:38 PM   
Arthurmoment

Many thanks
I didn't really understand the manual about losing and regaining readiness vis-a-vis supply (and am still struggling) but you have encouraged me to experiment and try and work out what is happening. Thanks for your time. The red dots make sense now at least. Oh, when not in highest magnification the unit markers have a coloured marker down the left side - green its full - down to red its quite low - I can't work out what this is either.
Great game though
JR

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 4
RE: Explain supply to me please? - 11/26/2010 10:23:23 PM   
RocketMan

The bar on the side of the unit is a representation of the units current strength versus its maximum strength.

(in reply to Arthurmoment)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Tech Support >> Explain supply to me please? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI