Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: How much

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: How much Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 1:40:31 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harald1050
I wonder why the price is Euro 63,99 for the DL-Edition and after clicking on the button to buy it the price is Euro 64,99 plus VAT.

Hi Harald,

This is unfortunately because of price caching. We have to cache the prices from the store to speed up the page loads. They update their prices daily and if you hit the right time when they've done their update and we haven't refreshed our cache yet, sometimes we lag behind the latest price conversion. The price you see once the product is in the cart is always the correct price and should never vary by more than a small amount.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Harald1050)
Post #: 151
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 2:28:42 PM   
Borodino

2,660.99 RUB is what I paid.  The price when clicking said 2647.99, I assume this is the above situation Erik?  Though 13 RUB is nothing, less than a bus ride.  I'm feeling lucky I have no VAT to pay...

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 152
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 2:31:08 PM   
Harald1050

Thanks for the information, Erik.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harald1050
I wonder why the price is Euro 63,99 for the DL-Edition and after clicking on the button to buy it the price is Euro 64,99 plus VAT.

Hi Harald,

This is unfortunately because of price caching. We have to cache the prices from the store to speed up the page loads. They update their prices daily and if you hit the right time when they've done their update and we haven't refreshed our cache yet, sometimes we lag behind the latest price conversion. The price you see once the product is in the cart is always the correct price and should never vary by more than a small amount.

Regards,

- Erik

Post #: 153
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 3:04:02 PM   
diablo1

Waiting on Christmas 2012 sale. Hmm since it did come out in 2010 it might be onsale next Christmas? I'm more of a West Front gamer anyways so if it takes 2 years or 3 years not going to matter. I played Second Front one time back in the 80's but still play West Front to this day. Graphics are dated of course but the gameplay is still great.

(in reply to Harald1050)
Post #: 154
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 4:02:39 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

£65 is over my "normal" limit of £50 for a game - but I was expecting it this time and also held off purchases of other games in order to get this

Bearing in mind that the price includes 17.5% VAT (UK tax), a physical copy and delivery,

Have you checked that? The download only option cost me £53.99 plus VAT, total £63.44.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 155
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 4:12:42 PM   
diablo1

I've always meant to ask you guys from the UK....what is your pound/crown backed by? Also what are the materials used to make your pounds/crowns? Gold? Silver? Copper? Brass? what?

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 156
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 4:14:59 PM   
Manstein63

It cost me £65 as well but that was because I went for the Physical + download option
Manstein63 

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 157
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 4:16:24 PM   
Flaviusx

The pound is fiat money, just like pretty much everyone else's. It's been a very long time since they were on the gold standard. (A "barbarous relic" as per Keynes.)

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 158
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 4:17:47 PM   
diablo1

Thanks Flaviusx for that quick reply.

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 159
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 4:25:18 PM   
Manstein63

quote:

ORIGINAL: diablo1

I've always meant to ask you guys from the UK....what is your pound/crown backed by? Also what are the materials used to make your pounds/crowns? Gold? Silver? Copper? Brass? what?

We haven't been on the Gold Standard since decimalisation back in the 70's as to what the pound is backed by at this moment? I believe they call it 'market forces' not sure about what coins are made off probably an amalgam or something.
Manstein63

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 160
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 4:26:22 PM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

quote:

£65 is over my "normal" limit of £50 for a game - but I was expecting it this time and also held off purchases of other games in order to get this

Bearing in mind that the price includes 17.5% VAT (UK tax), a physical copy and delivery,

Have you checked that? The download only option cost me £53.99 plus VAT, total £63.44.

Well £65 was the final bill on Paypal - I presume that's what I paid

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 161
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 4:29:08 PM   
diablo1

Judge? You bought this game after you balked so much about the price of BftB? I am really surprised.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 162
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 4:32:19 PM   
JudgeDredd

^ like I said elsewhere - I was expecting a price in this area (I wasn't for BftB) and more importantly I've not bought a game because I knew this was coming out. Add to that it's Christmas and there you are.

I even bought the physical because it's Christmas so my wife can wrap it up (she won't know I have the DD )

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 163
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 4:33:20 PM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

quote:

I can't see my order on Plimus because I paid by Paypal - but here's a pic of the item on Paypal...

Attachment (1)

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 164
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 4:35:15 PM   
diablo1

quote:

I even bought the physical because it's Christmas so my wife can wrap it up (she won't know I have the DD )

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 165
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 4:39:43 PM   
wodin

JD...make sure you don't get stung by customs aswell as that receipt doesn't mention VAT....

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 166
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 4:43:23 PM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

quote:

It seems either the Physical price (60.99) already had VAT included, or it wasn't charged (or you were charged extra VAT) - because (as the pic shows) I was charged £60.99 and £4.25 for shipping.

Thinking about it - - I seem to recall the physical copy seemed like it would be shipped from Germany - so I will probably still have VAT to pay.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 167
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 4:47:57 PM   
diablo1

quote:

so I will probably still have VAT to pay.

17% big ones so how much does that come out to?

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 168
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 4:55:17 PM   
JudgeDredd

£11 - $17

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 169
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 5:00:52 PM   
Kung Karl

quote:

quote:

quote:

It seems either the Physical price (60.99) already had VAT included, or it wasn't charged (or you were charged extra VAT) - because (as the pic shows) I was charged £60.99 and £4.25 for shipping.

Thinking about it - - I seem to recall the physical copy seemed like it would be shipped from Germany - so I will probably still have VAT to pay.

quote:

have

Do we have to pay customs on items shipped from within the EU?

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 170
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 5:12:15 PM   
Nikademus

I paid $80.00 for this.

I luv price whine threads. Should put music to it and create a podcast.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 171
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 5:13:08 PM   
JudgeDredd

I'm not very happy about this - I've just went through the order process again and NOWEHERE does it say I will be subject to an extra charge of VAT.

Nothing you can do about it now - But Erik, I think the store needs to be clear - NO-ONE should be wondering how much something is actually going to cost them when it turns up at the door - which is how I am feeling right now.

Can you (Erik) clarify if I'm going to be asked to shell out more money because the store was not clear about what was being charged?

Attachment (1)

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Kung Karl)
Post #: 172
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 6:12:14 PM   
Erik Rutins

VAT is included before the final purchase. Please e-mail me with your order info if you have questions.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 173
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 6:13:28 PM   
Terminus

That's weird, JD. Both times I've bought in the new store, it always itemized VAT before I confirmed the order. Maybe it's because it's the physical copy...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

Post #: 174
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 6:15:53 PM   
diablo1

Maybe he got under the radar of VAT tax?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 175
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 6:33:43 PM   
roflbinflood

Decided to buy afterall.. i guess resistance really is futile.

Btw. How long is the review process usually for credit card purchases? I bought the game an hour ago but its still pending review.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 176
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 6:59:03 PM   
Nikolaj

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kung Karl

Do we have to pay customs on items shipped from within the EU?

Not in Denmark, anyway (with the exception of certain items, such as alcohol and foodstuffs). I expect it's the same in the rest of the EU.

(in reply to Kung Karl)
Post #: 177
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 7:05:22 PM   
Terminus

Well, that's not strictly speaking 100% true, if you're unlucky.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Nikolaj)
Post #: 178
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 8:39:11 PM   
von altair

Few words about price... They decided to setup price up to 63,99e for digital download version. In these days it is quite much, when comparing gaming market. I understand, that games like this have a bit different market than, lets say Call of Duty Black ops etc. Small strategy community will pay that price for sure, but on the other hand it will surely block out those who are wondering about this game. This kind of pricing strategy will keep regular gamers out of this scene for sure. Young players like we all were in times of War in Russia, when we got a very good game for decent price and thats how our community raised. But now Matrixgames are outpricing these awesome games in level where this community wont grow like it did in past. My honest opinnion is, that this pricing tactic doesn't work in long run. Make it 49,99e (yeah now its too late, when its released and some bought it already) and there will be a lot more newcomers in scene. Fresh blood who will be addicted in strategy games forever. It is really shame that people doesn't understand economy in long run.

I am an old bastaard and have been addicted to WIR and other similar games (got a closet full of strategy games) and will buy War in the East too.

< Message edited by von altair -- 12/8/2010 8:40:27 PM >

"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?"

"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

-Axel Oxenstierna

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 179
RE: How much - 12/8/2010 8:59:18 PM   
htuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: von altair

Few words about price... They decided to setup price up to 63,99e for digital download version. In these days it is quite much, when comparing gaming market. I understand, that games like this have a bit different market than, lets say Call of Duty Black ops etc. Small strategy community will pay that price for sure, but on the other hand it will surely block out those who are wondering about this game. This kind of pricing strategy will keep regular gamers out of this scene for sure. Young players like we all were in times of War in Russia, when we got a very good game for decent price and thats how our community raised. But now Matrixgames are outpricing these awesome games in level where this community wont grow like it did in past. My honest opinnion is, that this pricing tactic doesn't work in long run. Make it 49,99e (yeah now its too late, when its released and some bought it already) and there will be a lot more newcomers in scene. Fresh blood who will be addicted in strategy games forever. It is really shame that people doesn't understand economy in long run.

I am an old bastaard and have been addicted to WIR and other similar games (got a closet full of strategy games) and will buy War in the East too.

The other thing that compounds on this is the fact that their are so many sales from the other Digital Distributors lately.. I don't think this was happening at this level a few years ago when WITP came out.. nowadays, especially this time of the year, there is 'steals' out there for all sorts of games..

I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on this, but the 'guilt' factor is hanging over me as well.. My wife never questions anything I buy, and I buy a lot of games.. but lol.. I feel really guilty about pulling the trigger on an 80 dollar game! It would be a first!

(in reply to von altair)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: How much Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI