Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated - 1/13/2011 3:53:49 AM   
SeanD

The expansion to this award winning space 4X game is updated

Matrix Games and Code Force (www.codeforce.co.nz) are pleased to release the first update for Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi, the new expansion for the critically and fan acclaimed space strategy game Distant Worlds. The comprehensive 1.501 update includes a handful of bug fixes, some additional modding support including more editing options in the Game Editor, a few interface improvements like a mass-fighter upgrade button for your entire empire, and some performance optimizations on multi-core machines.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Code Force is moving quickly to update and improve the new Return of the Shakturi expansion. As with the original Distant Worlds, Return of the Shakturi is only going to get better as time goes on!”

An ancient evil is returning to the vast universe of Distant Worlds! The Return of the Shakturi is the highly anticipated expansion to the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game Distant Worlds. In addition to a long list of new features and improvements, Return of the Shakturi includes two new and unique alien races complete with riveting events that expand upon the original Distant Worlds and move the timeline of the universe forward into its next chapter with exciting new endgame options. A completely new and vastly expanded research system with comprehensive new tech trees awaits, with new tech and options for avid ship designers such as fighters, bombers, missiles, Ion weapons, planetary facilities, regional capitols, and much more!

Return of the Shakturi also comes packed with interface improvements like an Empire Navigation Tool to provide quick access to everything in your empire, Action Buttons for one-click access to common tasks, an Enemy Targets list showing all known enemy threats, Build Orders to mass-produce groups of new ships in one simple step, and much more! All this coupled with new Empire Policies to fine tune the auto-management of your empire, new galaxy shapes, and extended modding support make Return of the Shakturi an essential add-on to the vast, living galaxy of Distant Worlds!

Please note: Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi REQUIRES ownership of the original full Distant Worlds game.

Get the update here. The update is comprehensive and will bring all previous versions of Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi to 1.501. Get more information on Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi from its official product page.

< Message edited by SeanD -- 1/13/2011 3:54:13 AM >

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated - 1/13/2011 9:26:25 AM   
Coupon

So which is the latest? This or the 1.502 beta?

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated - 1/13/2011 9:41:50 AM   
Setekh

This update is basically the 1501 beta but it's now an official update 1501. If you want the newest fixes, get 1502beta.

(in reply to Coupon)
Post #: 3
RE: Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated - 1/13/2011 9:50:07 AM   
Data

good thing the "check for update" option knows now that i'm on 1502beta and does not try to apply this official 1501 update. So we can still check via this on the latest options
Matrix really has a great number of options to notify us of any update.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Setekh)
Post #: 4
RE: Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated - 1/13/2011 7:29:42 PM   
Larsenex

How can I get the 5102 beta?

How would I play with it?

Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 5
RE: Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated - 1/13/2011 7:46:11 PM   
Data

there is a link in SeanD's post, follow that to the members area where you can download the patch....how would you play with it is not very clear to me

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Larsenex)
Post #: 6
RE: Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated - 1/13/2011 11:19:11 PM   
vtecem

Do you have a link to or explanation of where the patch notes might be?  I am having trouble locating any for my reading pleasure.

Thanks

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 7
RE: Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated - 1/14/2011 4:02:28 AM   
martok

So when is the final update for vanilla DW going to available? Some of us are still waiting for it.

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 8
RE: Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated - 1/14/2011 6:57:11 AM   
Data

i think and hope the next update will come soon.....but the final one? never i hope

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 9
RE: Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated - 1/15/2011 6:03:44 AM   
martok

I'm referring only to the final update for the base version of Distant Worlds, Data. (I'm sure there will be many more updates for Shakturi and any other future expansions. )

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI