Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where is patch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Star Sentinel Tactics >> Tech Support >> Where is patch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where is patch? - 1/16/2011 8:32:40 AM   
Maros

I downloaded game month ago and from that time i am stuck in mission 5, everytime i want to load (have only one quick save ) BANG! EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

now i read here about that patch is coming (from december) but where it is?

-Anyway game is funny and i enjoy it much but right now i cant play it because there are many bugs
Post #: 1
RE: Where is patch? - 1/17/2011 1:23:28 AM   
PhilSST

It's in the hands of the distributors. Assuming you bought it here, hopefully someone at Matrix will be able to tell you more on the expected release.

(in reply to Maros)
Post #: 2
RE: Where is patch? - 1/18/2011 9:52:39 AM   
Maros

Ok so you say patch is out, so what are distributors doing? I have to ask someone for patch?

(in reply to PhilSST)
Post #: 3
RE: Where is patch? - 1/18/2011 8:36:30 PM   
PhilSST

I said I'd delivered it to the distributors, not that it was "out". I'm sure there's quality assurance work to be done on Matrix's side. Just because I've tested the patch, doesn't mean that it (necessarily) works with their installers, etc. I'm sure everyone who bought the game will have access to the patch automatically as soon as it's available.

(in reply to Maros)
Post #: 4
RE: Where is patch? - 1/19/2011 1:21:59 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

We are working on it. There a process that takes a few steps and we had a few things in line ahead of this one. We'll get it out to you ASAP. Possibly this week, definitely by next week.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to PhilSST)
Post #: 5
RE: Where is patch? - 1/19/2011 7:23:54 AM   
Maros

Thanks for info! Are there some changes in patch(tweaks, or perhaps something new) or it is only fixing bugs?

-oh an i had little bug in mission 5 thats why i have to end my game by ctrl+alt+del and it never loaded -i had 2 soldiers in small room and it was enemy turn so he came there and he spent 5 min by turning to each other( turning cost 0 AP so this was endless)

< Message edited by Maros -- 1/19/2011 7:31:37 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: Where is patch? - 1/19/2011 9:34:34 PM   
PhilSST

This 1.01 patch is all about fixing bugs. I was planning to also include the toolkit and documentation for the toolkit but there have been a number of serious bugs found and I decided that it was a priority to get the game working first. There have been a couple of AI bugs fixed, so hopefully that will be sorted now. If it's not, let me know and I'll take another look at it. Do you happen to know which enemy type was causing the problem? The AI scripts are different for each enemy type, and I *think* the bug I fixed was with the Kryllith AI.

(in reply to Maros)
Post #: 7
RE: Where is patch? - 1/20/2011 7:39:58 AM   
Maros

Yes Kryllith (lizardman), but also why is turning cost 0 AP?And for that toolkit -hope that we(players) can add some new models\maps in future via your toolkit!

(in reply to PhilSST)
Post #: 8
RE: Where is patch? - 1/20/2011 8:20:18 PM   
PhilSST

Turning has a zero AP cost for a number of reasons. One of the main reasons is that it givea a little flexibility to players who are struggling on a particular level. If you're really in trouble, you can stop and turn for free at every step of the way, and make the game that little bit easier. Players can't really take advantage of it and "cheat" the difficulty level because stopping and turning around all the time would become so cumbersome and clunky that you would never do it unless you really needed to. It just gives players a little bit more wriggle room if they truly need it.

Yes, the toolkit does allow you to use your own models to create new maps. They're supported via the DirectX .X format, which I believe is widely supported in modelling applications.

(in reply to Maros)
Post #: 9
RE: Where is patch? - 1/22/2011 6:37:33 PM   
Maros

And after i download and install patch my broken save game will work again?

(in reply to PhilSST)
Post #: 10
RE: Where is patch? - 1/23/2011 9:13:41 PM   
PhilSST

Both the AI bug and the saved games which crash on loading should be fixed by the patch, even if you have saved games from before the patch, yes. The saved game format has not changed.

(in reply to Maros)
Post #: 11
RE: Where is patch? - 1/24/2011 4:41:04 PM   
Stilletto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

We are working on it. There a process that takes a few steps and we had a few things in line ahead of this one. We'll get it out to you ASAP. Possibly this week, definitely by next week.

Regards,

- Erik

Anxiously awaiting...

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

"Ms. Betty has sharp thorns, but underneath is a delicate flower." -ltfightr

Post #: 12
RE: Where is patch? - 1/26/2011 3:28:08 PM   
MIGMaster

+1

(in reply to Stilletto)
Post #: 13
RE: Where is patch? - 1/27/2011 3:53:46 PM   
Stilletto

It's Thursday. "Next Week" is rapidly running out. Is the patch still coming this week? I'm in a holding pattern and waiting for this patch.

No pressure. Well, not too much.

Post #: 14
RE: Where is patch? - 2/2/2011 6:38:20 PM   
Stilletto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

Regards,

- Erik

Eric? Any patch progress? Anything? Please? It's not like you to not call or write. Especially when you promised you would.

Thank you for your time.

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Star Sentinel Tactics >> Tech Support >> Where is patch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI