Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Wacht am Palembang

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Wacht am Palembang Page: <<   < prev  139 140 [141] 142 143   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/7/2011 11:47:05 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
That, sir, is a low and disgusting stereotype! There are plenty of good looking women in Ukraine.

I totally agree with the Red mouse. Low and disgusting! There are plenty of good looking women in the Ukraine. I've seen them in issues of Special Order Ukraine Bride monthly.

It was an excellent idea to share that, dude. Now any one of us will be able to assist the ER staff in identifying the object lodged in your rectum after your wife puts it there.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4201
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/8/2011 1:13:00 AM   
Chickenboy

With all due respect, Onime-I should hope you're not familiar with the presentation of my rectum under any circumstances, particularly as a means of recognition of my corpse. That suggests a certain familiarity with my back side that I'm not willing to grant you. No offense-I'm sure you're a nice guy and all, but still.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 4202
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/8/2011 1:31:38 AM   
Local Yokel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ossian

People claim it was the old Laudanum that 'influenced' the Lakeland poets but I think it was a good, hearty dose of Kendal mint cake. I bet Coleridge had munched about 10 bars when he wrote 'Kubla Khan.' All that sugar must do do something funny to you.

The local scrumpy probably had something to do with it. STC wrote his best poetry, including Rime and KK, whilst living at Nether Stowey, here in Somerset.

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 4203
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/8/2011 2:25:35 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

With all due respect, Onime-I should hope you're not familiar with the presentation of my rectum under any circumstances, particularly as a means of recognition of my corpse. That suggests a certain familiarity with my back side that I'm not willing to grant you. No offense-I'm sure you're a nice guy and all, but still.

I call "deliberate misunderstanding"! I was clearly talking about the object in it.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4204
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/8/2011 4:00:49 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

Nope. They're oblivious to it.

Speaking of ned idiots, I was at Edinburgh zoo with the GF years ago and we were at the Tiger enclosure, a beautiful big cat with eyes full of true intelligence was within, regarding the humans on the other side of the glass wall with something like utter disdain and it wasn't hard to see why. There was a full ned family: dad, mum, two kids all wrapped up in kappa tracksuits and nikes. Dad ned was banging away on the glass, regardless of the huge signs all over the place asking him to refrain from doing just that as it upsets the animals. After a minute or two he turns to me and says "This Lion's pure crap, by ra way. it wilnae bark or anything."

I hate zoos. The wrong creatures are always locked up in them.

<recalls in horror at the thought that >50% of Americans have Scotch/Irish backgrounds>

Actually, immigration explains that seeming conundrum, Cap:

Most of the smart ones got the hell out of Scotland and Ireland ASAP and came to America.

The dumb ones stayed behind.

A few hundred years later, after several more generations of inbreeding among what's left, you get these whitebread Hip-Hop moron wannabees pictured in the video.

"Devolution" at work!

It's a classic example of natural selection and population genetics in action.

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 4205
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/8/2011 4:08:25 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

Yes, but I have to warn you a lot of it's written in the Cumbrian dialect and might be hard for non-English speakers to read.

What about Americans?

Hey, we a country of "non-English speakers," too!

Just go to my local supermarket and ask for a price check!

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

Post #: 4206
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/8/2011 9:28:54 AM   
Ossian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moondawggie

quote:

quote:

Speaking of ned idiots, I was at Edinburgh zoo with the GF years ago and we were at the Tiger enclosure, a beautiful big cat with eyes full of true intelligence was within, regarding the humans on the other side of the glass wall with something like utter disdain and it wasn't hard to see why. There was a full ned family: dad, mum, two kids all wrapped up in kappa tracksuits and nikes. Dad ned was banging away on the glass, regardless of the huge signs all over the place asking him to refrain from doing just that as it upsets the animals. After a minute or two he turns to me and says "This Lion's pure crap, by ra way. it wilnae bark or anything."

<recalls in horror at the thought that >50% of Americans have Scotch/Irish backgrounds>

Most of the smart ones got the hell out of Scotland and Ireland ASAP and came to America.

A few hundred years later, after several more generations of inbreeding among what's left, you get these whitebread Hip-Hop moron wannabees pictured in the video.

"Devolution" at work!

Hey! Some of us are still here! I can almost count to five and have never hardly stabbed anyone.

Neds are a bit of local colour, like the Amish or something. With less barn building. And more Buckfast.

Any more of this viscous slander and King Sean the first will authorize a new Susan Boyle album. You all heard what she did to 'Wild Horses,' Just think what she could do to ZZ Top.

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 4207
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/8/2011 12:37:01 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Any more of this viscous slander and King Sean the first will authorize a new Susan Boyle album. You all heard what she did to 'Wild Horses,' Just think what she could do to ZZ Top.

[GASP!] You...you wouldn't! Would you? Susan Boyle's version of She's Got Legs? I promise the slander stops here.

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 4208
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/8/2011 12:37:04 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moondawggie

quote:

quote:

"Devolution" at work!

Hey! Some of us are still here! I can almost count to five and have never hardly stabbed anyone.

Neds are a bit of local colour, like the Amish or something. With less barn building. And more Buckfast.

Dammit, dude! Dont do that while I'm drinking coffee. You owe me a new keyboard. And its a Mac, so you'd better start saving.

I got a mental picture of Susan Boyle doing "La Grange".

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 4209
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/8/2011 2:20:44 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Cuz' every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man Duh duh duh duh Duh!

It is possible that she already has a beard. Funny thing is Boyle is my mother's maiden name.*

*I don't want any of you ned's breaking into my bank account either.

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 4210
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/8/2011 2:28:28 PM   
Chickenboy

This is very interesting, Cap'n. What's your childhood's best friend name? Your first pet? (jots down notes)

ETA: Although it might have been interesting had you a hyphenated name like Boyle-Mandrake. "Boil Mandrake? Hmmm...that's not a bad idea..."

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 3/8/2011 2:29:22 PM >

Post #: 4211
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/8/2011 6:33:24 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

Cuz' every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man Duh duh duh duh Duh!

It is possible that she already has a beard. Funny thing is Boyle is my mother's maiden name.*

*I don't want any of you ned's breaking into my bank account either.

Aaaaah! Your remark about growing up in Boyle Heights from a while back is starting to make sense now.

Post #: 4212
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/8/2011 11:45:21 PM   
Kwik E Mart

how goes the war, lads?

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Post #: 4213
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 8:00:53 AM   
Grollub

There's a war going on on? Where?

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 4214
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 10:23:24 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

There's a war going on on? Where?

No war here... nothing to see... move along...

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 4215
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 11:42:56 AM   
Grollub

Phew ... thought I had missed something ...

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4216
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 3:31:02 PM   
Cap Mandrake

We are up to July 30th....quiet except for China. Effective ASW acitivity off Perth and Sydney. It looks like the TK's that escaped death in the Indian Ocean will reach Perth.

It looks like Eagle Day in China. The Little Yellow Bastards are darkening the sky with their small frames.

A Ghurka Regiment is down for the count after they tried to make a bouillabaisse out of Parchisi sets.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 3/9/2011 3:32:09 PM >

Post #: 4217
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 3:42:35 PM   
Cap Mandrake

The doctors are getting murderized with influenza out here in California. I think it peaked about a week ago. Thing is the CDC got it right this year and the vaccine has very good coverage. Now all the people who declined the vaccine because they "never get sick" are coming in whining for antibiotics. If one more idiot asks for a "Z-pack"...why I....will do nothing...and smile patiently because nobody wants to hear "I told you so". Fortunatley, Tamiflu works pretty well.

This year the vaccine sounds like a Wee Jap Dobber attack plan for OZ (H1N1/ A Brisbane / B Perth). It also occurs to me that WAAAAY too many influenza strains are named after Australian cities. You people down there need to wash your hands better. In fairness, the H1N1 strain is called California H1N1 even though everybody knows it came from Mexico. It seems there is political correctness even in virology.

Post #: 4218
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 4:39:56 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

The doctors are getting murderized with influenza out here in California. I think it peaked about a week ago. Thing is the CDC got it right this year and the vaccine has very good coverage. Now all the people who declined the vaccine because they "never get sick" are coming in whining for antibiotics. If one more idiot asks for a "Z-pack"...why I....will do nothing...and smile patiently because nobody wants to hear "I told you so". Fortunatley, Tamiflu works pretty well.

This year the vaccine sounds like a Wee Jap Dobber attack plan for OZ (H1N1/ A Brisbane / B Perth). It also occurs to me that WAAAAY too many influenza strains are named after Australian cities. You people down there need to wash your hands better. In fairness, the H1N1 strain is called California H1N1 even though everybody knows it came from Mexico. It seems there is political correctness even in virology.

No doubt its some of the same morons who are incensed about the theoretical exposure to antibiotic resistant pathogens from animals treated with antibiotics to control disease.

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din-I'd nod my head, smile patiently and tell 'em to get stuffed. Or direct them to some homeopathic remedy with 'water memory' of the agent in question to treat.

Sorry, rant over.

Post #: 4219
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 4:43:09 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Emerging Infectious Diseases (vol. 17, No. 2, Feb. 2011, pp. 255-257) had a breakdown on upwards of 1000 isolates of pH1N1 from humans last year. >99% of the viral isolates were susceptible to Oseltamivir. Better living through chemistry, mate.

Now, can you claim time on this forum for CE?

Post #: 4220
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 5:00:40 PM   
Grollub

quote:

This year the vaccine sounds like a Wee Jap Dobber attack plan for OZ (H1N1/ A Brisbane / B Perth).

Point. Or it's a code name for some new flying thing. H1N1 sounds like an aircraft model along the line A6M1, D3A1 and so on ...

< Message edited by Grollub -- 3/9/2011 5:01:35 PM >

Post #: 4221
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 5:13:44 PM   
moore4807

quote:

quote:

Emerging Infectious Diseases (vol. 17, No. 2, Feb. 2011, pp. 255-257) had a breakdown on upwards of 1000 isolates of pH1N1 from humans last year. >99% of the viral isolates were susceptible to Oseltamivir. Better living through chemistry, mate.

Now, can you claim time on this forum for CE?

Enclosed find one hour credit for on-line medical consulting and education. Your Continuing Education credits are good in any State accepting these credits...

BTW - I got the shot this year after MY physician correctly surmised that the CDC "finally" got it right this year too.
This shot did me well until today, when my wife's ongoing URI finally wore me down and I've now got the sniffles and sore throat. YES I stayed home and am posting now for that very reason..

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4222
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 5:30:46 PM   
Onime No Kyo

So let me see if I got this right. People who do not get flu shots are idiots. People who do get flu shots are idiots. People who get the flu are idiots. People who ask for antibiotics are idiots. People who dont ask for antibiotics are idiots. People who live in A Brisbane and B Perth are idiots who dont wash their hands. Youre right, this vaccine does have pretty good coverage.

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 4223
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 5:51:11 PM   
moore4807

quote:

So let me see if I got this right. People who do not get flu shots are idiots. People who do get flu shots are idiots. People who get the flu are idiots. People who ask for antibiotics are idiots. People who dont ask for antibiotics are idiots. People who live in A Brisbane and B Perth are idiots who dont wash their hands. Youre right, this vaccine does have pretty good coverage.

Nice analysis!

I think its the CDC that WERE the idiots for the past two years for picking the "wrong" influenza strains to protect against. However they got off the idiot list this year for getting it right!

Idiots who did'nt get this years shot ARE idiots because it has inconvenienced/overwhelmed the medical practices who now have OVER twice the average idiots per day "whining" for antibiotics!

One of the stressed out medical practioners has noticed an Australian continent anomaly in the flu type identifiers and combined this with his hobby of early twentieth century conflict resolution to the delight of his loyal AAR readers!

Pure Genius! Somebody get a scriptwriter in here!

Post #: 4224
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 6:09:40 PM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: moore4807

quote:

Nice analysis!

I think its the CDC that WERE the idiots for the past two years for picking the "wrong" influenza strains to protect against. However they got off the idiot list this year for getting it right!

Idiots who did'nt get this years shot ARE idiots because it has inconvenienced/overwhelmed the medical practices who now have OVER twice the average idiots per day "whining" for antibiotics!

One of the stressed out medical practioners has noticed an Australian continent anomaly in the flu type identifiers and combined this with his hobby of early twentieth century conflict resolution to the delight of his loyal AAR readers!

Pure Genius! Somebody get a scriptwriter in here!

Depends on your pov. Whining in this instance sounds very much like revenue stream. For the record, I've never gotten a flu shot.

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 4225
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 6:31:46 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

So let me see if I got this right. People who do not get flu shots are idiots.

Correct.

quote:

People who do get flu shots are idiots.

Incorrect.

quote:

People who get the flu are idiots.

Not necessarily. Disease happens. People who get the flu after declining excellent preventive and early treatment options are, however, idiots.

quote:

People who ask for antibiotics are idiots.

Usually. Particularly if they ask for antibiotics for a primary (or exclusively) viral disease, such as influenza. These people are just begging to develop either antibiotic resistance or have no understanding of the pharmacological rationale for such prescription medications.

quote:

People who dont ask for antibiotics are idiots.

Not usually. People who decline antibiotics when they are the treatment method of choice for a particular disease, particularly when they decline them in favor of the medical equivalent of magic pixie dust, are idiots.

quote:

People who live in A Brisbane and B Perth are idiots who dont wash their hands.

People anywhere that don't wash their hands regularly during flu season are idiots.

I sure hope this has helped, comrade Red Mouse.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 3/9/2011 6:33:08 PM >

Post #: 4226
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 7:09:28 PM   
sprior

The Hurris have fun over Mandalay:

Attachment (1)

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4227
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 7:26:56 PM   
Smeulders

Oscars versus Hurricanes is just unsporting. They can hit the Hurricanes 10 times and then they have a head on collision with a fly and they go down.

The AE-Wiki, help fill it out

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4228
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 7:29:15 PM   
anarchyintheuk

The Vanguards and Lancers self-destructing on ground may also have scared the Oscars.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4229
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/9/2011 7:31:38 PM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

Oscars versus Hurricanes is just unsporting. They can hit the Hurricanes 10 times and then they have a head on collision with a fly and they go down.

True, I thought the RAF was committed sporting behavior by using inferior equipment, tactics and pilots in Burma.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 4230
Page:   <<   < prev  139 140 [141] 142 143   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Wacht am Palembang Page: <<   < prev  139 140 [141] 142 143   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI