Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Game Suggestions:

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Game Suggestions: Page: <<   < prev  24 25 26 27 [28]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Game Suggestions: - 3/7/2020 7:04:18 PM   
hei1

quote:

IMHO this should be task of victory conditions

I agree for HvAI games, but in HvH situations it should be more flexible (not "scripted" by VCs). And we have this underestimated (?) political rating, that may also be influenced through hasty retreats. May depend on the time line in the game.

--- it's not a bug, it's a feature ---

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 811
RE: Game Suggestions: - 5/26/2020 4:59:10 PM   
Leutius

A) It would be nice to have a "ghost" map. So that we could go back in time and check the progression as we go. After 50 turns you could check to see how far you have come and how the situation changed.

B) I also remember the great option that Second Front had just to use artillery.(attack direction plus "B" option). ((maybe in War in the East II)

C) Overall better and more clear way to show reports and check info.

D) A way to enlarge UI. The font size is very small for high resolution monitors.

Thank you :)

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 812
RE: Game Suggestions: - 5/26/2020 5:01:55 PM   
eskuche

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leutius
D) A way to enlarge UI. The font size is very small for high resolution monitors.

Font and font size change is possible in the editor.

(in reply to Leutius)
Post #: 813
RE: Game Suggestions: - 5/29/2020 9:39:23 PM   
Vifee

I don't know how feasible this is within the engine, but I'd like unit TOEs that get over 100% to not shrink to 100% automatically. This would both solve issues in game and be more representative of reality, I believe there was a US army study that found US infantry divisions in WW2 regularly had 3 to 4 times the TOE allotment of machine guns, often captured. Ideally, this would include allowing divisions to use equipment that isn't in their TOE at all, if they come into possession of it. For example, as the Soviets, KV-1s suffer an inglorious end piling up in your pool after your tank units switch to a heavy tank-less TOE, which is particularly galling when you are in the middle of taking a punch on the chin from the panzerwaffe in 1942. For the Germans, you almost always end up with more Tigers than you can use, which is an odd inversion of history.

For both countries, the captured equipment system would be more interesting if it were more local. Say, when a unit surrenders, between X and Y% of its equipment is distributed as damaged to nearby units. Some of that would be lost when repair rolls fail, but it would result in a much more "scratch" look to the TOEs of successful units. That would particularly be more representative of how the Soviets used captured equipment, the Germans, admittedly, used a system more like the one in game. Even then, however, the infantry weren't waiting for a German factory to stamp a serial number on a PPSH to use it. I also don't know how far up the Germans sent captured tanks, particularly after 1941. I know T-34s had the German cupola attached, but even that could be a field modification at a panzer corps motor pool.

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 814
RE: Game Suggestions: - 5/29/2020 9:47:49 PM   
Telemecus

As I read it all captured Russian tanks that could be refitted to be a German one were sent to a central factory to do it at Riga. The two basic requirements were to install a radio and to install heating. I think that says a lot about the differences in how nations considered their tank crews!

As I understand the manual any ToE below 125% remains if you leave the max ToE on 100%

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to Vifee)
Post #: 815
RE: Game Suggestions: - 6/13/2020 3:02:59 PM   
tomeck48

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but does anyone besides me think a nifty little report would say:

Luft 1, 385 fighters, 116 Dive bombers, 286 Transport, 188 Recon. Currently, all I can see is "Aircraft 600" which really doesn't tell me anything I want to know.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 816
RE: Game Suggestions: - 7/7/2020 7:37:00 PM   
hei1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leutius

A) It would be nice to have a "ghost" map. So that we could go back in time and check the progression as we go. After 50 turns you could check to see how far you have come and how the situation changed.

E) a read-only option of the current MP game map, if not your move. So you can think about your game while waiting for reply turn (can last very long).

Thanks!

--- it's not a bug, it's a feature ---

(in reply to Leutius)
Post #: 817
RE: Game Suggestions: - 7/25/2020 3:45:25 PM   
cdsys

Don't know if this has been suggested before.

An export option of the OOB and location, weather info... from a "Wite2" battle that could be imported as a scenario in upcoming "Steel Tigers" (for example some xml format). So you can play out some of the battles in detail yourself (I wouldn't go as far as importing the result back in "Wite2", a grand campaign game would take forever that way ;-) ). But rather as a fun way to be able to create battles or replay your battles in upcoming "Steel Tigers".

(in reply to hei1)
Post #: 818
RE: Game Suggestions: - 8/5/2020 12:26:00 AM   
bighinvegas

It needs an Administrative (admin) points tracker counting down the AP's as they are used in one or all of the toolbars.

(in reply to cdsys)
Post #: 819
RE: Game Suggestions: - 8/5/2020 2:55:31 AM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: bighinvegas

It needs an Administrative (admin) points tracker counting down the AP's as they are used in one or all of the toolbars.

Does this not already exist?

(in reply to bighinvegas)
Post #: 820
RE: Game Suggestions: - 8/16/2020 9:14:33 PM   
bighinvegas

If there is an Administrative Points tracker could someone explain where it is? Thanks.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 821
RE: Game Suggestions: - 8/16/2020 10:52:17 PM   
Telemecus

Top right corner - you should see an indicator of points remaining which goes down every time you spend some.

(in reply to bighinvegas)
Post #: 822
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/22/2020 11:48:08 PM   
Rusty1961

Okay, this is **critical** to me: Combat reports. Some of you may remember Gary Grigsby's Pacific War from 1992. You could click on a hex where combat occurred and see a text display of the combat.

We need that for this game or WitE2.

I like reading/watching combat-in detail-yet I couldn't do that with WitE as at the highest level of detail (7?), it took forever to watch.

We should just be able to click on a hex where combat occurred and read the details. Gory, beautiful details. People with a life-wife, kids, jobs-can't enjoy this game to the utmost as it is.

And please don't tell me it can't be done when 28 years ago it was done.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 823
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/23/2020 12:54:04 AM   
Telemecus

Does this not already exist in wite1 ? I have been clicking on hexes to read combat reports for battles there since wite1 first came out.

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 824
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/23/2020 1:12:37 AM   
Rusty1961

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

Does this not already exist in wite1 ? I have been clicking on hexes to read combat reports for battles there since wite1 first came out.

I would hope so! I asked years ago and no one mentioned it.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 825
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/23/2020 10:59:39 AM   
Denniss

Hit F11 for "Show Battle Sites". That's the button just left to the "End Turn" button

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 826
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/23/2020 1:13:42 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

Hit F11 for "Show Battle Sites". That's the button just left to the "End Turn" button

thanks, but that isn't what I'm talking about. Take the combat from the high-detail resolution and make that a text. F11 only shows me the results, not the resolution. PacWar had that.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 827
RE: Game Suggestions: - 11/10/2020 11:25:54 PM   
Sammy5IsAlive

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rusty1961

quote:

thanks, but that isn't what I'm talking about. Take the combat from the high-detail resolution and make that a text. F11 only shows me the results, not the resolution. PacWar had that.

Might not be quite what you are looking for but the combat reports in WITW (and I assume by extension WITE2) have way more detail than WITE in terms of what different elements have done. It isn't quite the blow by blow account you are asking for but you definitely get a better idea of the 'story' of the battle - so for example you can see an infantry assault fail to get moving due to artillery/air-power, or a similar assault avoid that suppression and get to 'fighting range' to enter a bloody battle against equivalent defenders. Let me know if you want me to dig out a screenshot to illustrate what I mean.

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 828
RE: Game Suggestions: - 11/12/2020 12:19:15 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sammy5IsAlive

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rusty1961

quote:

Might not be quite what you are looking for but the combat reports in WITW (and I assume by extension WITE2) have way more detail than WITE in terms of what different elements have done. It isn't quite the blow by blow account you are asking for but you definitely get a better idea of the 'story' of the battle - so for example you can see an infantry assault fail to get moving due to artillery/air-power, or a similar assault avoid that suppression and get to 'fighting range' to enter a bloody battle against equivalent defenders. Let me know if you want me to dig out a screenshot to illustrate what I mean.

I'll look at it, Sammy. Thank you for your input.

(in reply to Sammy5IsAlive)
Post #: 829
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 26 27 [28]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Game Suggestions: Page: <<   < prev  24 25 26 27 [28]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI