Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines Page: <<   < prev  150 151 [152] 153 154   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 4/30/2011 10:09:23 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

quote:

* 99% of authentic Italian loafers in Fiji in 1942 were imported so this is largely redundant.

Wouldn't 100% of authentic Italian loafers in Fiji be imported??

Maybe 1% were not "imported" but were "smuggled" in?

A different kind of importation, yet still imported...

Technicalities are "opportunities" for M&M Enterprises.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4531
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 4/30/2011 10:36:21 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

Why are Italians loafing in Fiji? Shouldn't they be doing something constructive like building anti-submarine barriers, er I mean causeways?

Do you think we can trust them? Aren't they part of the axis or something?

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4532
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 4/30/2011 10:37:46 PM   
sprior

quote:

Aren't they part of the axis or something?

Only temporarily

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 4533
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 4/30/2011 10:46:29 PM   
Cap Mandrake

This reminds me of an offensive joke.

Italian Guy: You know, da cowboy boots, they come-a from a da Texas, the sandals, dey come-a from a da Middle East but <with pride> da LOAFERS, DEY COME-A FROM ITALY

Post #: 4534
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 4/30/2011 11:05:35 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

Aren't they part of the axis or something?

Only temporarily

By ra way, did Churchill fill out an Environmental Impact Study on that thing? Looks like a tidal inelt or something. Surely the East Kengsington limpet was harmed?

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4535
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/1/2011 4:52:20 AM   
perkinh

Makes me think of Bob Newhart and all his phone scits...freakin histerical.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

************M&M Enterprises South Pacific HQ, Suva, Fiji, August 17, 1942*********

Man in fine linen slacks: <on telephone with imported Italian loafers* up on desk> ...look, that is what I am paying you for Richter. I don't care if he says he graduated first in his class at Westpoint. I am here to tell you it was either a weak year or he knew somebody. I have a copy of his senior thesis. Let me just say the man is no genius.

Negative! DO NOT say anything about Corregidor. You are trying to align his incentives with yours not make an enemy of him. I thought you told me you had sales experience?

Floor wax? Are you kidding me? My chief geologist is a floor wax salesman? <cups phone with hand and calls to other side of the room> Yossarian, you ethnic SOB, what is that expression you use?

Hiruste man drinking a frozen libation: Santa Maria!

Man in fine linen slacks: Yeah that's it! <uncovers phone> Santa Maria, Richter! Santa Maria! <he pronounces "Santa" like the guy in the red suit> Do you know what that means, Richter?

Yeah, well, in my book it means why did I hire you if you can't close the deal on a guy with an ego the size of New Guinea. Butter him up.

No, not his wife, you moron, his military genius <makes air quotes> That's what he wants to hear. Tell him if Papua breaks off it could ruin his career.

Hell, I don't know. Use geology terms. Bluff. Tell him Papua New Guinea is sitting on big deposit of schist.

No SCHIST! Where the Hell did you go to geology school, Richter? Tell him Papua sits on schist and Western New Guinea sits on granite. Believe me, with his ego, he won't ask any more questions.

OK. Get it done. I am already in big for the cement ordnance. We need to move this stuff. OK, you can do it son. I have confidence in you. Talk to you Tuesday. <hangs up phone>

I don't trust that kid to tie his own shoes.

Hiruste man drinking a frozen libation: But you just said you had confidence in him.

Man in fine linen slacks: Yossarian, you naive SOB, I was trying to motivate him.

Hiruste man drinking a frozen libation: But you don't really believe what you told him?

Man in fine linen slacks: Santa Maria, man! What good would it do to tell him I think he is an idiot?

Hiruste man drinking a frozen libation: Do you do that to me?

Man in fine linen slacks: Do what?

Hiruste man drinking a frozen libation: Butter me up like that?

Man in fine linen slacks: Yossarian, you crazy, insecure SOB, when is the last time I had something good to say about you?

Hiruste man drinking a frozen libation: Hmmmmm...<looks up at the ceiling>...I can't say I remember any.

Man in fine linen slacks: See, there you have it. You sound like a woman. Grow a pair, would you. <throws a folder across the desk> Here, look at this.

Hiruste man drinking a frozen libation: <picks it up> "How I Would Save the Philippines by Douglas A. MacArthur". It is all about him even then.

Man in fine linen slacks: Get this. His plan involved 400 B-10B and 300 P-26. I could have made a fortune if the Army adopted his plan. What an idiot.

Hiruste man drinking a frozen libation: Everyone thought his clone was a dim bulb but I liked the guy.

Man in fine linen slacks: What was that, Yossarian?

Hiruste man drinking a frozen libation: Oh, never mind.

Man in fine linen slacks: What I don't get is how somebody like that rises to that level of command.

Hiruste man drinking a frozen libation: Chutzpah

Man in fine linen slacks: Chutzpah? Yossarian, you crazy, secretive SOB, I didn't know you spoke Yiddish?

Hiruste man drinking a frozen libation: I worked in the Catskills one summer in college.

Man in fine linen slacks: No kidding? Stand up?

Hiruste man drinking a frozen libation: No, bussing tables.......

* 99% of authentic Italian loafers in Fiji in 1942 were imported so this is largely redundant.

< Message edited by Gabede -- 5/1/2011 4:54:53 AM >

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine.... is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine

Post #: 4536
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/2/2011 9:53:53 AM   
sprior

Time to decide between Otter and Stoat.

If we do Otter then I think we need to go Port Hedland - Broome - Wyndham - Darwin.

Stoat means pushing 4 -5 divisions up the road from a Town Called Malice and I don't think we can support that force along that track.

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to perkinh)
Post #: 4537
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/2/2011 10:16:53 AM   
sprior

We still own Ramree island.

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4538
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/2/2011 2:25:10 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

We still own Ramree island.

Yeah baby! That give me the ramree.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4539
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/2/2011 3:03:31 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Time to decide between Otter and Stoat.

If we do Otter then I think we need to go Port Hedland - Broome - Wyndham - Darwin.

Stoat means pushing 4 -5 divisions up the road from a Town Called Malice and I don't think we can support that force along that track.

We can't even fly in enough toilet paper to Daly. Fortunately, there isn't enough food either, so everything sort of balances out.

Two if by sea is looking better. I think JJ moved a division from Katherine to Darwin, by ra way. They also increased the fighter cover at Darwin. I am slowly converting a few more B-17E squadrons to the B-24 so we will be able to hit Darwin from Malice. The B-17E's can operate from Geraldton to take out Port Headland airfield. I say when get about 40-50 B-17's together and move them to Geraldton 1 or 2 d before the op commences so we don't tip our hand.

It still looks like Derby is their only weak spot. What are the ground pounders prepped for?

2 full fleet oilers and a tanker convoy with about 60,000 headed Perth.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 4540
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/2/2011 8:25:13 PM   
CaptDave

quote:

************M&M Enterprises South Pacific HQ, Suva, Fiji, August 17, 1942*********

Man in fine linen slacks: <on telephone with imported Italian loafers* up on desk>

Actually, I've been wondering what the telephone is doing with Italian loafers, imported or not!

Post #: 4541
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/2/2011 8:36:28 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptDave

quote:

Man in fine linen slacks: <on telephone with imported Italian loafers* up on desk>

Actually, I've been wondering what the telephone is doing with Italian loafers, imported or not!

Or for that matter why a man was on a phone (with loafers) on the desk. One pictures a man squatting over a well-dressed telephone whilest on a desk.

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 4542
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/2/2011 9:15:55 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Run away!

It's a reinforced Zug of Grammatik-Kommandotruppen!

Italian Loafer Phone Mk XII

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4543
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/2/2011 9:44:59 PM   
Chickenboy

Personally, Ziegfried was my favorite character. "SCHMART!"

Post #: 4544
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/2/2011 11:56:37 PM   
USSAmerica

No! Not Da Craw!  Da Craw!  

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4545
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/3/2011 12:14:33 PM   
Itdepends

quote:

The B-17E's can operate from Geraldton to take out Port Headland airfield. I say when get about 40-50 B-17's together and move them to Geraldton 1 or 2 d before the op commences so we don't tip our hand.

Have you developed Meekatharra or Cue- and have they developed Corunna Downs? (south of Headland). Just wondering if you can get enough airframes aloft from Geraldton to shut down (potentially) both fields.

Post #: 4546
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/3/2011 5:55:41 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

quote:

The B-17E's can operate from Geraldton to take out Port Headland airfield. I say when get about 40-50 B-17's together and move them to Geraldton 1 or 2 d before the op commences so we don't tip our hand.

Have you developed Meekatharra or Cue- and have they developed Corunna Downs? (south of Headland). Just wondering if you can get enough airframes aloft from Geraldton to shut down (potentially) both fields.

We have some engineers buliding up Meekatharra (about 1.5 level now). Geraldton is now level 5 with an Air HQ. Corunna Downs has a little crappy dirt strip but does have a nice track with Pick-7 and Trifecta betting and I hear you can get a big bowl of cheese-flavored nachos there for only 50 cents. The Wee Jap Dobbers have just gone nuts over the place. Guess they were tired of dried fish heads.

I'm afraid I don't have a clue where Cue is. Down some dusty track somewhere, I expect.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/3/2011 5:56:43 PM >

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 4547
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/3/2011 6:15:40 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

I hear you can get a big bowl of cheese-flavored nachos there for only 50 cents.

0.5 $USD or Australian? Makes a big difference, mate.

Post #: 4548
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/3/2011 7:46:01 PM   
Mynok

I'll bet "cheese-flavored" is a big stretch too.......

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4549
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/3/2011 10:25:47 PM   
zuluhour

While Ive picked up on quite a bit of game info. I should point out that the PT73 will likely show up shortly and with M&Ms propensity for profit through less than regular channels you may want to snag chief Urulu before before the whole fleet is rum soaked wearing grass skirts.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 4550
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/4/2011 9:40:55 AM   
Itdepends

quote:

I'm afraid I don't have a clue where Cue is. Down some dusty track somewhere, I expect.

Cue is the dot base 2 hexes SW of Meekatharra, on the same dusty track as Meekatharra.

Post #: 4551
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/4/2011 4:41:18 PM   
sprior

Looks like it's Otter. Hope it doesn't end up the same way as Tarka.

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 4552
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/5/2011 5:04:48 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Santa Maria! Is that what passes for children's literature in Britain? And I thought it was bad when Bambi's mother got shot. The poor thing is abandoned by his dead beat mum and then has to go up against a rival gang.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarka_the_Otter

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/5/2011 5:06:08 PM >

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4553
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/5/2011 8:56:11 PM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

quote:

Santa Maria! Is that what passes for children's literature in Britain? And I thought it was bad when Bambi's mother got shot. The poor thing is abandoned by his dead beat mum and then has to go up against a rival gang.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarka_the_Otter

Can't imagine what reading a book like that would have done to me as a kid . . . Neil Young's Harvest had me looking for razor blades as an adult.

Post #: 4554
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/5/2011 9:00:21 PM   
sprior

Yeah, we breed 'em tough over here.

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 4555
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/7/2011 2:20:51 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Admiral Lord Sprior mentioned "A Town Called Malice". If you don't know what he meant here is a snapshot. This is from an excellent miniseries adaptation of Neville Shutes' novel, "A Town Like Alice".

It concerns an Engrish woman trapped in Malaysia at the start of the war. Did I mention she it hot? Honestly, I can't remember if she had big breastesses but she was definitely hot.

There is some serious chick-flick features but most guys would like it too. Of course, if you a knuckle dragger...then.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPjWpm_OTPI

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/7/2011 2:21:59 AM >

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4556
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/7/2011 12:52:56 PM   
rtrapasso

Post #: 4557
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/7/2011 4:32:10 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

OK, smart***, just for that I am going to tell you about the 2nd Battle of the Torres Strait.

**********09:15, Aug 17, 1942***********

Lt.JG Toutant "Frenchie" Beauregard stands on the bridge of PT-120. He commands a flotilla of 7 boats ordered to protect Horn Is. Recon reports two Jap Torpedo Boats approaching. He is not worried as he has a surprise in store. He has used his family wealth to customize PT-120 with a special order weapon brought at great expense from Charleston, SC. It isn't regulation, of course, but, given sufficient "incentive", one can get just about anything from private weapons resellers in the PTO.

Lookout: Enemy ships, bearing 100...range 11,000 yds!

Lt.JG Toutant "Frenchie" Beauregard: <puts his glasses to his eyes> Jap torpedo boats...two of 'em. They are coming around. They mean to cross our "T"...<he laughs derisively with the knowledge his main firepower is on his foredeck>. Make our course 100, flank speed. Signal all boats to attack! <the boats swing toward the enemy and white water climbs high behind the boats, especially for PT-120, for she appears down by the bow a bit. Several boats begin firing their .50's from improbable range. The tracers arc upward and then fall hundreds of yards from the target. It is really poor firing discipline, but their is plenty of ammo and it is fun. The Japs fire back, not doing much better. It is the Lt's intention to close to about 4500 yds and surprise the Little Yellow Bastards with his secret weapon. The range passes 6500 yds. They are closing fast. Time to act>

UNCOVER THE DICTATOR! <the crews rushes forward and pulls back the canvas on the foredeck. As the canvas is pulled away, there is revealed a massive cast iron seige mortar and a pile of 13 inch cannon balls. An inscription on the base reads "The Dictator, Framingham Foundry, January 1862, Distributed by M&M Enterprises, Ordnance Reselling Division">

Make ready the gun, Mr. Cathcart! Maximum elevation, double charge!

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4558
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/7/2011 5:27:35 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

OK, smart***, just for that I am going to tell you about the 2nd Battle of the Torres Strait.

**********09:15, Aug 17, 1942***********

Lt.JG Toutant "Frenchie" Beauregard stands on the bridge of PT-120. He commands a flotilla of 7 boats ordered to protect Horn Is. Recon reports two Jap Torpedo Boats approaching. He is not worried as he has a surprise in store. He has used his family wealth to customize PT-120 with a special order weapon brought at great expense from Charleston, SC. It isn't regulation, of course, but, given sufficient "incentive", one can get just about anything from private weapons resellers in the PTO.

Lookout: Enemy ships, bearing 100...range 11,000 yds!

Lt.JG Toutant "Frenchie" Beauregard: <puts his glasses to his eyes> Jap torpedo boats...two of 'em. They are coming around. They mean to cross our "T"...<he laughs derisively with the knowledge his main firepower is on his foredeck>. Make our course 100, flank speed. Signal all boats to attack! <the boats swing toward the enemy and white water climbs high behind the boats, especially for PT-120, for she appears down by the bow a bit. Several boats begin firing their .50's from improbable range. The tracers arc upward and then fall hundreds of yards from the target. It is really poor firing discipline, but their is plenty of ammo and it is fun. The Japs fire back, not doing much better. It is the Lt's intention to close to about 4500 yds and surprise the Little Yellow Bastards with his secret weapon. The range passes 6500 yds. They are closing fast. Time to act>

UNCOVER THE DICTATOR! <the crews rushes forward and pulls back the canvas on the foredeck. As the canvas is pulled away, there is revealed a massive cast iron seige mortar and a pile of 13 inch cannon balls. An inscription on the base reads "The Dictator, Framingham Foundry, January 1862, Distributed by M&M Enterprises, Ordnance Reselling Division">

Make ready the gun, Mr. Cathcart! Maximum elevation, double charge!

Holy Moley! i'm surprised this wouldn't sink the poor PT boat under the weight of the thing... i suspect Lt.(j.g) Beauregard is going to have an unpleasant surprise when he lights the fuse...

The Dictator on a RR carriage seen above ... weight 17,190 lbs. for the gun, each shell 197 pounds!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 5/7/2011 6:28:00 PM >

Post #: 4559
RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines - 5/7/2011 11:53:47 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Day Time Surface Combat, near Horn Island at 91,128, Range 11,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
TB Hatsukari
TB Hato

Allied Ships
PT-20
PT-60
PT-116
PT-119
PT-120, Recoil damage, and is sunk
PT-122
PT-126

In fact, the beast was driven through the deck and damaged the hull. There is 75% flooding but she might make it. An angry young Lt. discovers he bought the thing, "As Is".......

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 4560
Page:   <<   < prev  150 151 [152] 153 154   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: How I Would Defend The Philippines Page: <<   < prev  150 151 [152] 153 154   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI