Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after release?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after release? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after release? - 11/5/2011 3:20:25 PM   
cookie monster

Hi Guys & Gals

Simple question really.

Are you gonna buy DW Legends at release?

I will buy the Digital Download version.

The info I have is that you need Distant Worlds plus Return of the Shakturi to install Legends on top.

I hear Distant Worlds may be packaged with ROTS for the new buyers. Perhaps Matrix can elaborate.

Also do the Beta Testers of Legends get a free game? I presume they do!
Post #: 1
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 3:35:19 PM   
Data

I think the beta team is already on the job, too late to join them now

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 2
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 3:35:27 PM   
Bingeling

Buy? Oh yes, very much so, unless I happen to find a complete horror story from a reliable source right after release. Approximately during the time it takes me to type my credit card number.

Digital? Of course, I don't want more physical stuff than necessary in my life.

Post #: 3
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 3:36:35 PM   
Data

Oh yes, same here.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 4
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 3:45:38 PM   
cookie monster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data

Haha. I'm sure my bug hunting skills would have been in demand!

LOL

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 5
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 3:49:14 PM   
Nedrear

Bug hunting? Leave the poor Sluken alone! Racists really...

I will get it, but maybe not install it until my AAR in the Shakturi timeline got a decent end. Since it is made to resemble the idea of an enterprise like ship it will be able to end anytime though.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

Post #: 6
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 3:55:20 PM   
Igard

Both digital and physical copy for me. Call me Mr Materialistic!

I just see it as a way of showing my support for the work Elliot and co are doing.

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 7
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 4:03:21 PM   
WoodMan

ASAP for me 

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 8
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 4:17:23 PM   
Simulation01

Simulation needs a new simulation, so yeah....I'm gonna buy it.  I'm a 4x junkie....  admitting it is the first step...  ahhh who am I kidding... I'll never be able to lay my mouse down.

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 9
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 4:32:00 PM   
Bingeling

I am not a 4X junkie at all. I think I maybe have bought something GalCiv once, but not played it much. I love DW, though.

I have enjoyed Europa Universalis, and played the original the most. I think DW is in many ways similar to this one. The slow, relaxed, real time setup.

Currently I want to play Legends while waiting for the Old Republic...

(in reply to Simulation01)
Post #: 10
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 4:43:27 PM   
Simulation01

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

I am not a 4X junkie at all. I think I maybe have bought something GalCiv once, but not played it much. I love DW, though.

I have enjoyed Europa Universalis, and played the original the most. I think DW is in many ways similar to this one. The slow, relaxed, real time setup.

Currently I want to play Legends while waiting for the Old Republic...

But....don't you get a cool sensation when you press the "End Turn" button?

The Old Republic....kinda feels like our Republic doesn't it. "Have we not heard the chimes at midnight..." "Have we not heard the knell which summons thee to heaven or to....hell".

Gosh! Whew I got heavy there for a moment....this is too much for a Saturday morning! I knew I shouldn't have listened to winds of change so early.

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 11
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 4:44:04 PM   
Shark7

Uh shortly? You're kidding right?

I'll be on to get it the moment it is released if I'm not at work.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 12
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 5:00:22 PM   
J HG T

As Palpatine put it: "Immediately!"
Both digital and physical. I like to browse my physical collections of games and movies, and I want to support Codeforce and Matrix.

< Message edited by J HG T -- 11/5/2011 5:03:26 PM >

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 13
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 5:52:34 PM   
Silex

digital / asap =)

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 14
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 6:17:39 PM   
mbar

Is there an ETA?

I'm buying ASAP. I'm an absolute space game junkie!

< Message edited by mbar -- 11/5/2011 6:18:13 PM >

(in reply to Silex)
Post #: 15
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 6:40:50 PM   
Data

quote:

ORIGINAL: cookie monster

quote:

LOL

I think they feared your skills would delay the release
Which would be good but this time I want it as fast as possible

Post #: 16
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 6:58:27 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: cookie monster

quote:

LOL

I think they feared your skills would delay the release
Which would be good but this time I want it as fast as possible

C'mon Data, really.........haven't you seen the cost of 100 pounds of Chips Ahoy on the
Galactic Market lately? Not to mention the shipping costs.
It would be worse than trying to secure Igard's Romulan Ale!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 11/5/2011 7:01:28 PM >

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 17
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/5/2011 10:18:38 PM   
shinobu

I will buy immediately!

Post #: 18
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/6/2011 12:36:23 AM   
adecoy95

i might pass it up, with sots 2/skyrim/arkam asylum/battlefield 3 keeping me busy for the next few months. but i might pick it up later if the new territory system turns out good

(in reply to shinobu)
Post #: 19
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/6/2011 1:21:48 AM   
HectorOfTroy

If I get a digital copy (i never buy them), will I be able to redownload it for unlimited time, or is there a time limit?

Just in case my PC crashes or something like that.

(in reply to adecoy95)
Post #: 20
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/6/2011 1:34:51 AM   
Bingeling

For matrix I think the download link expires, but you get a new one if you contact support.

If you buy a game over a network like Steam, the game is tied to your account. As long as steam don't go belly up it should be safe. At least as long as you are able to recover your username, password, security question, credit card... some of that stuff..

As for PC crash. If a PC crashes, I doubt DW is the only thing to worry about. Get a backup. Or two. I have a lazy backup method in storing stuff on a NAS running Raid 1. Mixed with DW on two different computers, and the possibility for a new download link, I feel somewhat safe. At least compared to having the game on a single computer, and on a DVD that is just waiting to be scratched

(in reply to HectorOfTroy)
Post #: 21
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/6/2011 2:44:16 AM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: HectorOfTroy

If I get a digital copy (i never buy them), will I be able to redownload it for unlimited time, or is there a time limit?

IIRC Matrix will let you re-download as needed.

Still I like having both the digital for immediate and the physical in case of disaster.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to HectorOfTroy)
Post #: 22
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/6/2011 2:53:22 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

I definitely plan on getting it the moment it's available for purchase on the Matrix store.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 23
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/6/2011 9:31:05 AM   
Noble713

Digital download as soon as feasible.

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 24
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/6/2011 12:06:22 PM   
WoodMan

quote:

I bought RotS when it first came out (about 1 year ago) and a couple of days ago I visited the members area of the matrix website.  I accidently requested a new download link somehow because shortly afterwards I received an email with a download link for RotS, not sure what I did, but this shows how easy it is to redownload your game if you have a HD failure or something, I did it by accident a year after buying!

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to Noble713)
Post #: 25
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/6/2011 2:23:06 PM   
MasterChief

ASAP... can't wait to get this one on my hard drive!

Digital is the way to go for me!

< Message edited by MasterChief -- 11/6/2011 2:28:29 PM >

Post #: 26
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/6/2011 2:25:43 PM   
Kalthaniell

digital ASAP

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 27
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/7/2011 1:53:47 AM   
MartialDoctor

I will wait a bit myself.

If it's mostly bug-free and the changes are of the sorts that I'm expecting, I'll definitely buy it.

(in reply to Kalthaniell)
Post #: 28
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/7/2011 6:55:43 AM   
feelotraveller

Exactly as the MD said.

By the way is there a gifting option on purchase? Might be roping in a relative for Xmas.

(in reply to MartialDoctor)
Post #: 29
RE: DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after rele... - 11/7/2011 8:12:38 AM   
Bingeling

If you are to give it away and use the digital download you could buy and download all install files. Store the product keys in a text file, and add them all to a cheap (or expensive) memory stick and give that one away.

(in reply to feelotraveller)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> DW: Legends. Who is going to buy shortly after release? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI