Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Experience Loss

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Tech Support >> Experience Loss Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Experience Loss - 1/1/2012 4:33:52 PM   
JervisBay

There must be other references to this, but I can't find them. When you reinforce a unit the loss of experience is disproportionate. If the strength of a unit is increased by 20% then the experience value is reduced by an absolute 20 points, not 20% of its previous value - as you would think it should be. Or, at least that's the way it seems. Great game though.
Post #: 1
RE: Experience Loss - 1/13/2012 1:18:39 AM   
wolf14455

I want to know that too. wow 12 days since u asked. hmm ;)

(in reply to JervisBay)
Post #: 2
RE: Experience Loss - 1/13/2012 10:19:50 AM   
doomtrader

Sorry for missing that. It is good to bump the thread sometimes.
This is how does the experience works at the moment. We are considering some changes, but nothing has been decided yet.

(in reply to wolf14455)
Post #: 3
RE: Experience Loss - 1/14/2012 6:01:12 AM   
wolf14455

Hopefully u will consider it. all my experienced corps from the poland Campaign has been bombed and as I reinforce them they all now on zero xp. I got over 20xp with some and 13% loss to replace my corps xp was down to zero. Ive havent done any numbercrunching but it seams easy to lose all xp very easy.
and to point out, I was very carefull not to get to many losses in poland (playing Germany) and all my corps was on full strenght when moved to the western front. Tried to have them at least 10 hexes away from the front. All the same the allied pinpointed them even thou they went true my fighter screen. Bomded the alll during the winter making me loose more than during my poland campaign. Now for fall gelb all my forces are rookies again. Except for some air that got 4 to to 8 xp.

Maybee the ground units should have xp for AA hits too.

< Message edited by Swedewolf -- 1/14/2012 6:06:55 AM >

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 4
RE: Experience Loss - 1/14/2012 9:47:15 PM   
JervisBay

Hi, on a similar topic, but just as an idea for a future release - should a unit's effectiveness be influenced by exhaustion and disorganisation? At the moment, I think a unit can move and fight continuously until it has to be reinforced but this doesn't perhaps capture what was more common - long periods of build-up followed by offensives, which eventually run out of steam. Say, if a units effectiveness fell a little each time it moved or fought, and recovered when inactive (other things being equal). You've done something of the sort already in 'Time at Sea'. Just a thought. Thanks.

(in reply to JervisBay)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Tech Support >> Experience Loss Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI