Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Those That Burn American Flags

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Those That Burn American Flags Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 5:04:58 AM   
2ndACR

I will let the flag burners get out. Thank you very much.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 61
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 5:07:07 AM   
Andrew Williams

quote:

But I might add that most of these people probably wouldn't afford others the same consideration given the chance.

What a ridiculous assumption!

Post #: 62
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 5:08:49 AM   
Andrew Williams

quote:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

hmmm... now that's indoctrination.

Post #: 63
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 5:13:55 AM   
Andrew Williams

quote:

But in no way will I accept blame for any of the housing bust. Not going to happen.

guilt by association

you played the game!

Post #: 64
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 5:36:20 AM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

I don't like any of it-burning flags or vandalising public or private property. To me, its alot more than a burning piece of cloth. It represents a decaying nation from the family up to the nation's leaders.

Yes, it represents it. But does it cause it? The nation (? I thought USA is multi-national?) is already decayed.

quote:

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

Some of the demands were pretty low brow like complete write-off of all student loans. I had a student loan and I paid it off myself. It would seem like a big "screw you!" to people like me who struggled and paid off their loans. There are also demands of the banks lowering the principal on house loans. But, the people who don't get this are the ones paying their loans. I bought small because I know what the standard is for buying a home. 28% of gross should be your payment.

I think that the whole bailout thing was very demoralising as it made people see that the government is helping banks in financial trouble but leaving small people alone. It worked the same way - they felt like the government said "screw you!" to them.

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 65
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 5:54:02 AM   
Andrew Williams

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

I don't like any of it-burning flags or vandalising public or private property. To me, its alot more than a burning piece of cloth. It represents a decaying nation from the family up to the nation's leaders.

Yes, it represents it. But does it cause it? The nation (? I thought USA is multi-national?) is already decayed.

Spot on you got it... This is the result of a nation in decay. Been a long time coming but the signs are unmistakeable.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 66
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 6:03:48 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

Sounds like your daughter is indoctinated

Yes she is. Thank you very much. That's why she works while going to school, volunteering her time to help those most at risk in this country in the very limited free time she actually has. You see, those are admirable traits to anyone but a leftist tool. No offense. Also the reason she doesn't condone burning stolen flags and destroying taxpayer property, much to your dismay I am sure.

Again, thanks. We are proud of her.

p.s. People who vandalize ARE scumbags. You defend them? Says a lot about you. Too much actually.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

Post #: 67
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 6:05:56 AM   
Perturabo

There are people who vandalize my city. That's why I can't even enjoy a walk without seeing neo-nazi/gangsta symbols everywhere. *sigh*

They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 68
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 6:10:57 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

There are people who vandalize my city. That's why I can't even enjoy a walk without seeing neo-nazi/gangsta symbols everywhere. *sigh*

Yeah, that sucks. That and littering. It is always McDonalds bags too. The worst is when people vandalize in public parks and national rec areas. I'd love to put all taggers and those that litter in chain gangs for 2 weeks cleaning stuff up like that.

edit; BTW, which city you live in?

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 1/31/2012 6:11:32 AM >

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 69
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 6:12:49 AM   
xiaotuanzi

I almost long for the inevitable confrontation where they can be spanked like the little children they are. Fleabaggers.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 70
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 6:16:28 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

lol, I was quoted by spambots 2 times now. Right A.W.?

(in reply to xiaotuanzi)
Post #: 71
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 6:51:13 AM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

quote:

Yeah, that sucks. That and littering. It is always McDonalds bags too. The worst is when people vandalize in public parks and national rec areas. I'd love to put all taggers and those that litter in chain gangs for 2 weeks cleaning stuff up like that.

And repainting stuff they vandalized for their own money.

Here it's worse than McDonalds bags (though at least I don't see people littering with big stuff like that). Most of people don't clean up after their dogs, so sidewalks and lawns look downright repulsive, especially when the snow begins to melt down.

quote:

edit; BTW, which city you live in?

Katowice

Post #: 72
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 9:26:03 AM   
wodin

There is a big neo nazi movement I believe in poland is that right, and in other countires that came out from behind the Iron curtain.

Though neo Nazism will never be taken seriously due to the type of people it attracts, they have a serious PR issue and they don't help that either as they aren't the brightest of the bunch usually poorly educated and violent who have little chance of making anything from their lives as in away the world system let them down..

Hawkwind...We took the wrong step yeas ago.....(Most likely following the Roman way of things again after the dark ages)

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 73
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 11:08:17 AM   
Vincenzo_Beretta

quote:

quote:

quote:

There is even a faster way to stop this behaviour: make the guys at Lehman and AIG fix the stuff that they vandalized with their own money.

RE: flag burning, what does a flag - even my country's flag - represents? The spirit and the values of that country and all his people? Fine: so, I gather, I can squander my pension's funds, the funds for my sons' education, and even those of someone else, too, and then go to the government and ask for a bailout, right?

And, if I can't, what I'm respecting/fighting for exactly? The rights of a few to do what they want while the rest not only must accept the consequences not only of acts of their of making, but also of acts made by others who were bailed out?

I'm not for flag-burning, but a country must earn respect for his flag among his own people. Flag-burning is a symptom, not a disease: the act of young people who grew up being taught about "merits" and "values" and "veterans who fought for the flag", but that what they are actually seeing now is their future stripped away by people who de facto pooped BIG TIME about the merits and the values symbolized by the flag, and are still laughing all the way to their bank - pretty happy that no one is frowning in their direction but in the one of some flag-burner.

Fix this, and you will fix a lot of the "disorderly conduct" you see around. It should not be difficult, isn't it? After all, I gather, "responsibility", "hard work" and "values" are still pretty much the driving forces behind the country no matter what social class you belong to - let's not a for momentary glitch in history to make us doubt that

< Message edited by Vincenzo Beretta -- 1/31/2012 11:13:35 AM >

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 74
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 1:31:56 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Max 86

Doomie said it best, "They don't have to love the country where they are living, but they should respect it."

I bet King George said the same thing about John Adams and that "gang".

These guys are nothing like John Adams who represented individual liberty and extremely limited government. They are the complete polar opposite of John Adams.

You misunderstood MR. I'm not comparing the occupiers with patriots, I'm comparing some of the responses with what tyrants would say. "Love it or leave it" , "hang um high" and other such nonsense. I'm not excusing criminal behavior either, but what ever happened to the phrase "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, with my life, your right to say it"?

Post #: 75
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 1:50:14 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

There is a big neo nazi movement I believe in poland is that right, and in other countires that came out from behind the Iron curtain.

Not really. There are very few neo-nazis in Poland. The problem is that one asshole with a spray can can vandalize half of a city and nothing is done to hunt him down and stop him. I saw neo-nazi symbols painted all over the city centre and park and they looked like they were all painted by the same person. Oh and besides neo-nazi symbols, that person seems to dislike a sports club from a neighbouring city a lot.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vincenzo Beretta

quote:

quote:

quote:

There is even a faster way to stop this behaviour: make the guys at Lehman and AIG fix the stuff that they vandalized with their own money.

What do these foreigners have to do with people who don't want to take responsibility for their own decision to buy themselves a dog and a few cretins who decided to be neo-nazis in a national country that doesn't even have any major immigration groups that would cause trouble and who themselves are vandals defacing peoples houses, stores, public parks, playgrounds for children, etc. because they felt need to tell everyone how great they feel about their skin colour and how they dislike the neighbouring sports club?
And with idiots who want to spray whatever they have to say on someone's wall which costed hard work to paint instead of printing posters and gluing them on places for gluing on posters?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vincenzo Beretta

RE: flag burning, what does a flag - even my country's flag - represents? The spirit and the values of that country and all his people? Fine: so, I gather, I can squander my pension's funds, the funds for my sons' education, and even those of someone else, too, and then go to the government and ask for a bailout, right?

And, if I can't, what I'm respecting/fighting for exactly? The rights of a few to do what they want while the rest not only must accept the consequences not only of acts of their of making, but also of acts made by others who were bailed out?

I'm not for flag-burning, but a country must earn respect for his flag among his own people. Flag-burning is a symptom, not a disease: the act of young people who grew up being taught about "merits" and "values" and "veterans who fought for the flag", but that what they are actually seeing now is their future stripped away by people who de facto pooped BIG TIME about the merits and the values symbolized by the flag, and are still laughing all the way to their bank - pretty happy that no one is frowning in their direction but in the one of some flag-burner.

I find identifying country with its government and the ruling clique rather disturbing. Young people should protest with their national flags in their hands, not burning them. They should not see the country as something evil, but rather should see it as their property that is being harmed by the usurper element that wants to rob it for themselves and their pals.

Also, dude, they already agreed with you about the banksters:

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

I would not have given one red cent of taxpayer money. Ever. You either make it or you go belly up.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

The fact Wall Street used their massive political influence for bailouts and basically looted the coffers of the American public is a crime sure, I too want people in jail. But their power and influence is so vast and the political system here so corrupt, it would take someone of considerable fortitude to ever do anything about it. And I haven’t seen a political leader like that in decades, so don’t hold your breath.

quote:

Yeah. I think if you are too big to fail then you are too big to exist. We can agree on that Vinnie, but I doubt you actually think that way. Like I said before, I can understand as sympathize with people exercising their rights and airing their frustrations.

You're not only preaching to the choir but also for some weird reason you're pretending that everyone but you in that choir is a satanist.

< Message edited by Perturabo -- 1/31/2012 1:52:46 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 76
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 1:56:58 PM   
wodin

Well in the UK our news loves at times to mention the growing right wing facists in the ex eastern block countries...more stuff to keep us in a state of fear I suppose..

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 77
RE: Those That Burn American Flags - 1/31/2012 2:32:22 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

It looks like the rule about "no politics" has been forgotten. This is a reminder as I lock up this thread.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 78
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Those That Burn American Flags Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI