Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: European Championships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: European Championships Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: European Championships - 6/13/2012 10:13:41 PM   
redcoat

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

...and the Germans go marching on....as does Mr Redcoat with a 3rd correct score!!

I have a psychic goldfish.

“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 361
RE: European Championships - 6/13/2012 10:18:13 PM   
Terminus

Beautiful football game between Denmark and Portugal. The Germans beat a lesser team, and looked like 11 tired undertakers whilst doing so.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 362
RE: European Championships - 6/13/2012 10:18:22 PM   
shunwick

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: shunwick

Anything is possible in football. But Portugal on the up. Can the Dutch pick themselves up? And Denmark have just got to go all out to do Germany. Again, possible but ...
Warspite1

Normally, you lose the first two you are defo out. But because of other results, Holland CAN still go through. If Ronaldo carries on playing like a complete donkey - did you see that performance today? - then yes, Holland could well make it. If you don't believe me - then just look at my score in the predictions competition

Warspite1,

You predictions are legendary. Reuters reports that the Oracle at Siwa Oasis is NOT looking for another job. In an exclusive interview she said, "I have seen the writings of Warspite and phooey..."

Seems a bit harsh to me.

Best wishes,
Steve

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 363
RE: European Championships - 6/13/2012 10:25:22 PM   
shunwick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Beautiful football game between Denmark and Portugal. The Germans beat a lesser team, and looked like 11 tired undertakers whilst doing so.

Terminus,

After pulling it back from 0-2 down, I really thought Denmark would go on to win it.

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 364
RE: European Championships - 6/13/2012 10:36:50 PM   
shunwick

Reknapp has left White Hart Lane?

Rumours abound....

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 365
RE: European Championships - 6/13/2012 11:22:42 PM   
Mac67

quote:

Van Persie's goal was a blinder though...

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 366
RE: European Championships - 6/13/2012 11:43:49 PM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

Terminus,

After pulling it back from 0-2 down, I really thought Denmark would go on to win it.

Best wishes,
Steve

I was hoping they'd hold on to the draw. Alas, luck was not with them.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 367
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 5:32:40 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Rumours abound....

Warspite1

Not a rumour anymore apparently. Hope Daniel Levy knows what he's doing.....

If he hasn't got someone lined up already then this could turn into another farce of which Spurs are so capable. The end of season slump was as alarming as it was disappointing, but Levy better have someone proven to take-over.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 368
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 6:46:57 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: redcoat

quote:

...and the Germans go marching on....as does Mr Redcoat with a 3rd correct score!!

I have a psychic goldfish.

Warspite1

Well you could have lent him to me I was using my - not so trusty - psychic octopus but I think he's taking the mickey out of me.....

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 369
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 6:56:25 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Interesting game tomorrow. Croatia v Spain. The European Championship is much more vicious in the early group stage than the world cup.
Warspite1

Not from the next tournament. UEFA are expanding the tournament to 24 teams so there will be more dross watering down the early stages a la the World Cup.

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 370
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 7:18:54 AM   
british exil

quote:

quote:

Interesting game tomorrow. Croatia v Spain. The European Championship is much more vicious in the early group stage than the world cup.
Warspite1

Not from the next tournament. UEFA are expanding the tournament to 24 teams so there will be more dross watering down the early stages a la the World Cup.

That means even more matches needing to be watched.
Even more guessing the results.
Even more embarassing moments for guessing wrong.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 371
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 1:48:02 PM   
wodin

Well there goes Spurs next season and most likely for a long time to come...Levy is a joke.

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 372
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 6:56:20 PM   
Orm

I had almost counted in two points for an Italian 1-0 win when Croatia made 1-1.

No points to me but maybe someone else had more luck (or skill)?

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 373
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 7:00:17 PM   
british exil

no luck either. I had the result 2:1

You can't even trust the Italian team to score 2 goals. I guessed 2:1, they had it it their power to win but squandered their chances.
In fact I think they were fortunate to get the draw.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 374
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 7:07:11 PM   
Orm

Yes. Croatia were stronger at the end. But the Italians had a couple of dangerous situations were they were unfortunate to be called for offside.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

Post #: 375
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 7:07:30 PM   
redcoat

quote:

ORIGINAL: british exil

no luck either. I had the result 2:1

You can't even trust the Italian team to score 2 goals. I guessed 2:1, they had it it their power to win but squandered their chances.
In fact I think they were fortunate to get the draw.

+1

Post #: 376
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 9:25:54 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: shun wick
Rumours abound....
Warspite1
Not a rumour anymore apparently. Hope Daniel Levy knows what he's doing.....

If he hasn't got someone lined up already then this could turn into another farce of which Spurs are so capable. The end of season slump was as alarming as it was
disappointing, but Levy better have someone proven to take-over.
Warspite1

When I see some of those names I despair - Rafa Benitez, the fat Spanish waiter - Villas Boas? Please Mr Levy, tell me you know what you are doing???

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 377
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 9:40:57 PM   
shunwick

Final score Eire 0 Spain 4. Worth the scoreline I think. It gets complicated in this group if Spain and Croatia draw in the last match. You have to fancy the Italians to do Eire.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 378
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 9:52:23 PM   
Orm

quote:

Final score Eire 0 Spain 4. Worth the scoreline I think. It gets complicated in this group if Spain and Croatia draw in the last match. You have to fancy the Italians to do Eire.

It can get real simple as well. If Spain and Croatia plays a 2-2 draw (or more goals draw) then Italy is out regardless of the result versus Éire.

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 379
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 9:57:33 PM   
shunwick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

It can get real simple as well. If Spain and Croatia plays a 2-2 draw (or more goals draw) then Italy is out regardless of the result versus Éire.

Yes, true. What happens on 1-1? Goal Diff?

This assumes Croatia can live with Spain of course. Italy might not have it easy. The Irish have nothing to lose.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 380
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 10:07:42 PM   
Orm

quote:

What happens on 1-1? Goal Diff?

Tie breaking priority according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012.

1.Higher number of points obtained in the matches played between the teams in question;
2.Superior goal difference resulting from the matches played between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);
3.Higher number of goals scored in the matches played between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);
4.If, after having applied criteria 1 to 3 to more than two teams, two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 3 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the two teams in question to determine the final rankings of the two teams. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 5 to 10 apply in the order given;
5.Superior goal difference in all group matches;
6.Higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
7.If two teams which are tied in all criteria 1 to 6 play their last group match against each other (i.e., the result is a draw and the two teams have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored), and provided no other teams within the group have the same number of points, the ranking of the two teams in question is determined by penalty shoot-out. Otherwise, criteria 8 to 10 apply in the order given;
8.Position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system;
9.Fair play conduct of the teams (final tournament);
10.Drawing of lots.

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 381
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 10:21:07 PM   
TulliusDetritus

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 382
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 10:24:21 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

This assumes Croatia can live with Spain of course. Italy might not have it easy. The Irish have nothing to lose.

Defeating Croatia is not going to be an easy walk The Croatians are (along the Spaniards) the most technical players in Europe. They always liked technique. And it's a small nation, they deserve a lot of credit: Suker, Boban, Prosinecki... they have always produced excellent players.

What I said, it is NOT easy

As regards Italy, as always, Italians's worst enemy is... er... Italy! This catenaccio thing is on their football genes. They have a lot of quality and could easily defeat any standard team... But... they score one goal... then they park the bus... the other team has the ball, they manage to score... they draw...

< Message edited by TulliusDetritus -- 6/14/2012 10:42:34 PM >

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 383
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 10:25:34 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

1.Higher number of points obtained in the matches played between the teams in question;
2.Superior goal difference resulting from the matches played between the teams in
question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);
3.Higher number of goals scored in the matches played between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);
4.If, after having applied criteria 1 to 3 to more than two teams, two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 3 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the two teams in question to determine the final rankings of the two teams. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 5 to 10 apply in the order given;
7.If two teams which are tied in all criteria 1 to 6 play their last group match against each other (i.e., the result is a draw and the two teams have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored), and provided no other teams within the group have the same number of points, the ranking of the two teams in question is determined by penalty shoot-out. Otherwise, criteria 8 to 10 apply in the order given;
10.Drawing of lots.

Warspite1

ORMSTER!! You've just made that up haven't you?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 384
RE: European Championships - 6/14/2012 10:32:40 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

2.Superior goal difference resulting from the matches played between the teams in
question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);
10.Drawing of lots.

Warspite1

ORMSTER!! You've just made that up haven't you?

I am afraid not. I wish I made it up since it would be a great joke. But, alas, as far as I know that is the sad truth.

Edit: The above is similar in what I previously read in Swedish newspapers. Italians are unfortunately no strangers to this. They were eliminated a few years ago when Denmark and Sweden played a 2-2 tie in a equal situation.

< Message edited by Orm -- 6/14/2012 10:35:38 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 385
RE: European Championships - 6/15/2012 1:47:32 AM   
redcoat

Well after the last couple of games I think the scores on the doors are as follows:

Redcoat..... 12
Dixie...........10
Orm..............9
rogo727.......8
british exil....7
Zeta 16........7
warspite1.....5

Dixie and Zeta 16 got full marks for predicting the score of the Spain-Eire game.
Warspite1 got two correct predictions in the same day! Unlike the rest of us.

“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 386
RE: European Championships - 6/15/2012 2:01:45 AM   
wodin

It's Martinez the Wigan boss or Moyes that Levy is looking at. Levy hasn't a clue. He never got on with Redkbnapp and was looking to get rid but couldn't as we were doing well, as soon as the form dips and Rednapp wants four years on a contract he knew he had him.

Watch the exodus of players, Modric,Bale and Van der vart for starters. Levy wants Moyes as he thinks he wont have to spend as much on players as Moyes can do well on near enough no money with abit of money Levy thinks he will be able to do what other managers do with loads. Watch Moyes come to us and Rednapp goto to Everton, then watch Everton rise up and Spurs go back to mid table obscurity.

Has to me the most bizarre and plain stupid Manager sackings\walkouts that I can remember. Thats Spurs next season out the game and could well be out the game full stop. Liverpool and the likes will be made up, I know their fans are as I live here. It's less competition for the fourth place.

Today is the day I realise that Spurs will never hit the big time and fight for the upper echelons again as they just love to mess it up. The last decent manager we had before Rednapp was Venables and Sugar got rid of him because he didn't like his outside business practices.

Anyway this is off topic really. Just needed to rant.

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 387
RE: European Championships - 6/15/2012 6:58:28 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: redcoat

Well after the last couple of games I think the scores on the doors are as follows:

Redcoat..... 12
Dixie...........10
Orm..............9
rogo727.......8
british exil....7
Zeta 16........7
warspite1.....5

Dixie and Zeta 16 got full marks for predicting the score of the Spain-Eire game.
Warspite1 got two correct predictions in the same day! Unlike the rest of us.

Warspite1

redcoat, thanks for picking this up last night

Today's two matches provide another mixed bag of predictions.....

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 388
RE: European Championships - 6/15/2012 8:10:17 AM   
Orm

quote:

Anyway this is off topic really. Just needed to rant.

Perfectly on topic and I am glad you shared. Over here we follow English football with passion.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 389
RE: European Championships - 6/15/2012 6:48:07 PM   
warspite1

RANT TIME

Why are the French wearing all blue? Where's the white shorts and red sock malarchy? Why are England wearing all white with red, yes red trim? And what is that hideous blue excuse for an away kit? A few years ago the Italians mucked around with their shade of blue

I hate it when people change things like this. The Germans have more class - white shirts, black shorts and White socks no messing - it's tradition.

Right, open post to the FA and the French equivalent - show some respect for tradition, have some class and wear your proper kit or I'm going to get soojan to start hitting people....okay?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: European Championships Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI