Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: European Championships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: European Championships Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: European Championships - 6/25/2012 1:21:43 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Seaman and Shilton I had abit of hope they'd save a penalty or two..Hart was useless..he dived the same way everytime and spent more time acting the fool than concentrating...trying to be like Grobellar and failing. I mean that Pirlo penalty was a p#ss take on what he thought of Harts penalty saves. Honestly he said he spent two weeks watching the last ten years of Italian penalties and all he did was pull stupid faces. The Italian goalie on the other hand said he'd been watching naughty videos.

You really cannot blame the GK (any GK) for not stopping penalties

From what I am reading many English fans are attacking er... Rooney! They just need to think about Messi in the WC! As useless as Rooney. These two players's fault? NO. No midfield in Argentina (Mascherano is a destructive midfielder and was supposed to organize the attacks) and the English parking the bus (despite they have Gerrard). Who is going to service these world-class players? Nobody...

Now imagine Rooney in Germany or Spain. Ozil, Iniesta & Xavi would service him. A lot. Then he would shine.

Many people are unfair or don't know football methinks

P.S.: in fact this is exactly what might happen to Ronaldo vs Spain. The Portuguese midfield possibly does not even deserve that name (no Ozils, Gerrards, Xavis, Pirlos). Good luck, prima donna!

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 781
RE: European Championships - 6/25/2012 1:58:14 PM   
TulliusDetritus

And my last prediction. Now I am convinced that the Italians are going to trash the Germans. I also think the Portuguese have NO chance at all vs Spain.

But given that so far I got everything wrong that makes

Portugal - Germany final

And of course the Germans should easily smash the Portuguese. Ergo

Winner of the Euro Cup = Portugal

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 782
RE: European Championships - 6/25/2012 7:48:34 PM   
shunwick

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

And my last prediction. Now I am convinced that the Italians are going to trash the Germans. I also think the Portuguese have NO chance at all vs Spain.

Portugal - Germany final

The bloody Greeks had to go an invent logic didn't they?

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

Post #: 783
RE: European Championships - 6/25/2012 7:51:34 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Seaman and Shilton I had abit of hope they'd save a penalty or two..Hart was useless..he dived the same way everytime and spent more time acting the fool than concentrating...trying to be like Grobellar and failing. I mean that Pirlo penalty was a p#ss take on what he thought of Harts penalty saves. Honestly he said he spent two weeks watching the last ten years of Italian penalties and all he did was pull stupid faces. The Italian goalie on the other hand said he'd been watching naughty videos.

From what I am reading many English fans are attacking er... Rooney! They just need to think about Messi in the WC! As useless as Rooney. These two players's fault? NO. No midfield in Argentina (Mascherano is a destructive midfielder and was supposed to organize the attacks) and the English parking the bus (despite they have Gerrard). Who is going to service these world-class players? Nobody...

Now imagine Rooney in Germany or Spain. Ozil, Iniesta & Xavi would service him. A lot. Then he would shine.

P.S.: in fact this is exactly what might happen to Ronaldo vs Spain. The Portuguese midfield possibly does not even deserve that name (no Ozils, Gerrards, Xavis, Pirlos). Good luck, prima donna!
Warspite1

quote:

Agreed

quote:

Messi did not play well in the World Cup - but that is one tournament. When did Rooney last play well for England in a tournament? 2004......

He should not have been playing - he was clearly not match fit - but he is one of the untouchables who can't be substituted - much left dropped - no matter what.

Fact, how many times did he lose the ball after it was passed or his pass went astray? That has nothing to do with the service he received.

quote:

I think YOU are right

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

Post #: 784
RE: European Championships - 6/25/2012 9:25:11 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1
Messi did not play well in the World Cup - but that is one tournament. When did Rooney last play well for England in a tournament? 2004......

And yet he [Messi] had done an excellent season with his club. Rather weird, don't you think? Or perhaps during the WC he realized Xavi & Iniesta were not behind to service him...?

quote:

He should not have been playing - he was clearly not match fit - but he is one of the untouchables who can't be substituted - much left dropped - no matter what.

If he had physical problems that's another story. Or is he the new Ronaldinho? Totally useless after the many debaucheries, orgies?

quote:

Fact, how many times did he lose the ball after it was passed or his pass went astray? That has nothing to do with the service he received.

Losing the ball when your team is parking the bus is the normal thing to do... These players tend to be desperate (and it's normal). If you really think the problem is your striker (a world class player) I doubt you will ever fix the problem...

Really, give him a first class midfield and he will show how good he really is. Period

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 785
RE: European Championships - 6/25/2012 9:30:45 PM   
warspite1

Well if he has to have a World Class midfield to be any good then Rooney has a loooong wait coming.....

The idea of a true great is that they change games on their own - they create something out of nothing - they frighten the living poop out of defenders. Rooney was rubbish. Was he alone in that? No, England were embarrassing. Do you know which two England players passed between them more times than any other??

It was Hart to Carroll...... I kid you not. Depressing and Embarrassing. Thank god we are not playing Germany.

Post #: 786
RE: European Championships - 6/25/2012 9:43:33 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

The idea of a true great is that they change games on their own - they create something out of nothing - they frighten the living poop out of defenders. Rooney was rubbish.

And Ibrahimovic (Sweden)? And Weah (Liberia)? These guys are / were really good... and? There's nothing they can do if they are not backed by really good players.

Their fault? NO

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 787
RE: European Championships - 6/25/2012 9:52:53 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

The idea of a true great is that they change games on their own - they create something out of nothing - they frighten the living poop out of defenders. Rooney was rubbish.

And Ibrahimovic (Sweden)? And Weah (Liberia)? These guys are / were really good... and? There's nothing they can do if they are not backed by really good players.

Their fault? NO
Warspite1

The fact that Sweden were not great (although were better than England) did not stop Ibrahimovic scoring one of the best goals of the tournament did it? This isn't about whether Rooney should have won us the match - but about whether or not HIS contribution was exceptional (like the world class player he is supposed to be) or no better than the other England players having absolute nightmares - like Ashley Young.

Post #: 788
RE: European Championships - 6/25/2012 10:36:12 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Ok, Rooney did not score a wonderful goal.

But if you were a Swedish or Liberian what would be your question? "What has Ibrahimovic / Weah ever done for us"? After all they [the Swedish] did not make it to quarter-finals...

P.S.: now the Romans did a lot

P.P.S: and by the way, I do not even like Rooney. Rather thuggish person from what I know. But just like the most hated Ronaldo, I have to appreciate quality.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 789
RE: European Championships - 6/25/2012 10:43:54 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Ok, Rooney did not score a wonderful goal.

But if you were a Swedish or Liberian what would be your question? "What has Ibrahimovic / Weah ever done for us"? After all they [the Swedish] did not make it to quarter-finals...

P.S.: now the Romans did a lot

P.P.S: and by the way, I do not even like Rooney. Rather thuggish person from what I know. But just like the most hated Ronaldo, I have to appreciate quality.
Warspite1

If you are Swedish and Ibrahimovic played like he did against England - then despite losing the match you would say he played a decent game - at least he tried, he created chances, he caused England problems.

If you are English and we lost to Italy but Rooney played like we know he can (accepting the limitations of those around him) then fine. But that is not what happened. He played terribly, he couldn't pass, control the ball or do anything. He was not match fit, he should not have even travelled (but I accept that would have been a step too far for any manager) following his pathetic, self-indulgent sending off in the last qualifier.

Post #: 790
RE: European Championships - 6/25/2012 11:44:45 PM   
rodney727

quote:

Portugal - Germany final

Darn it W1 for making me research this! Germaany over Italy big time 3-1. Spain over Portugal big time also 3-0
The 2nd Das reich over the Spanish blue division in a 2-2 game.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Post #: 791
RE: European Championships - 6/25/2012 11:51:47 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

quote:

Portugal - Germany final

Darn it W1 for making me research this! Germaany over Italy big time 3-1. Spain over Portugal big time also 3-0
The 2nd Das reich over the Spanish blue division in a 2-2 game.
Warspite1

Thanks rogo - so you are going for a penalty shootout in the final? I won't count this though in case you get the semi-final wrong and for now will just register your s/f forecasts.

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 792
RE: European Championships - 6/26/2012 2:20:35 AM   
Zeta16

Spain 3 to 1
Germany 2 to 1

"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of government, and with three little words: 'We the people.' 'We the people' tell the government what to do, it doesn't tell us." -Ronald Reagan

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 793
RE: European Championships - 6/26/2012 7:51:23 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zeta16

Spain 3 to 1
Germany 2 to 1
Warspite1

Thanks Zeta just the Euros to go.

(in reply to Zeta16)
Post #: 794
RE: European Championships - 6/26/2012 8:10:17 PM   
Orm

I predict that Spain win with 2-0 and Germany win with 3-1.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 795
RE: European Championships - 6/26/2012 9:01:55 PM   
Dixie

Spain 3 Portugal 1
Germany 2 Italy 0

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 796
RE: European Championships - 6/26/2012 9:07:11 PM   
warspite1

Just british exil and redcoat to go. My forecast (based on the fact that I need to do something weird and hope it comes off if I'm not to come last) is:

Spain 2 v 3 Portugal
Germany 2 v 2 Italy

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 797
RE: European Championships - 6/26/2012 9:15:53 PM   
Dixie

quote:

If you are English and we lost to Italy but Rooney played like we know he can (accepting the limitations of those around him) then fine. But that is not what happened. He played terribly, he couldn't pass, control the ball or do anything. He was not match fit, he should not have even travelled (but I accept that would have been a step too far for any manager) following his pathetic, self-indulgent sending off in the last qualifier.

And therein lies the problem with the English football team, we're waiting for him to turn in the performances he does for Man Utd. Rooney is not a good international player. At what point do 'we' just accept that he should be left at home when tournment time rolls around? He played badly in the Euros. He played badly in South Africa. He will continue to play badly, I suspect indefinitely but at the very least until he finds himself fighting for a place in the team. If he played for Man Utd like he does for England then Fergie would probably have cut him loose already.

It's easy to say while I'm sat at home I suppose, but I'd have left him behind. A stupid sending off would have been enough on it's own, but with poor performances from The Bestest Ever Ingerland Player Ever In The History Of Football he'd have been off my list.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 798
RE: European Championships - 6/26/2012 10:14:33 PM   
redcoat

Portugal 1–2 Spain

Germany 2–0 Italy

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 799
RE: European Championships - 6/26/2012 10:22:50 PM   
british exil

Portugal : Spain 1:3

Germany : Italy 2:1 (extra time)

Mat

P.S do I get an extra point if it does go into extra time?

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 800
RE: European Championships - 6/27/2012 6:00:23 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: british exil

Portugal : Spain 1:3

Germany : Italy 2:1 (extra time)

Mat

P.S do I get an extra point if it does go into extra time?

Warspite1

No Mat it's the score at 90 mins or 120 if you think it will go to ET. But there is no extra point for that.

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 801
RE: European Championships - 6/27/2012 8:23:54 AM   
british exil

Ah, what a shame. There was me hoping for a couple of bonus points about 7- 10 to take me to the top of the table and thus to be able to declare ultimate victory.

Sigh!!!! Then I'll have to resign myself to the bottom ranks.

Sometimes I feel life isn't fair at all. The place the correct results and the teams do something else.

Next time maybe.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 802
RE: European Championships - 6/27/2012 5:51:19 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: british exil

Sometimes I feel life isn't fair at all. The place the correct results and the teams do something else.

Next time maybe.

Mat
Warspite1
I feel your pain. I know FOR A FACT that I got all the results - and the scores -
correct. I think there is a conspiracy theory here worth looking into. For example 5 minutes before the kick-off of the Holland - Denmark game, who was the unidentified character standing on the grassy knoll and seen talking to the referee? Does the presence of this character explain why Robin Van Persie was replaced with a useless look-likey for the match? Why, for the England vs France game did none of the England players come out for the second half? - something repeated in the Italy game when they all departed the field after 35 minutes?
But the biggest mystery of all - how could Nicolas Bendtner have possibly scored a goal in such a tournament?

I think we should be told....

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 6/27/2012 5:52:53 PM >

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 803
RE: European Championships - 6/27/2012 7:26:42 PM   
shunwick

quote:

Just british exil and redcoat to go. My forecast (based on the fact that I need to do something weird and hope it comes off if I'm not to come last) is:

Spain 2 v 3 Portugal
Germany 2 v 2 Italy

Been at those mushrooms again, I see.

< Message edited by shunwick -- 6/27/2012 7:27:35 PM >

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 804
RE: European Championships - 6/27/2012 7:40:42 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: shun wick
quote:

Spain 2 v 3 Portugal
Germany 2 v 2 Italy

Been at those mushrooms again, I see.
Warspite1

Not mushrooms, but I had some Brazilian - might explain it

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 805
RE: European Championships - 6/27/2012 8:17:43 PM   
warspite1

Mmmmm...the referee appears to be wearing red and yellow underpants......

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 806
RE: European Championships - 6/27/2012 9:42:45 PM   
Orm

Spain...
Portugal...

Attachment (1)

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 807
RE: European Championships - 6/27/2012 9:51:40 PM   
warspite1

I can't believe how rubbish Veloso is - I mean, he has been sooo bad EVERY game that he should be English!

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 808
RE: European Championships - 6/27/2012 9:54:50 PM   
warspite1

WHAT A SAVE!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 809
RE: European Championships - 6/27/2012 9:55:46 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Spain...
Portugal...

How did they manage to make it such a dull match? Shocking.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 810
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: European Championships Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI