Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  345 346 [347] 348 349   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:18:35 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

1993: Garry Hoy, a 38-year-old lawyer in Toronto, Ontario, fell to his death on July 9, 1993, after he threw himself against a window on the 24th floor of the Toronto-Dominion Centre in an attempt to prove to a group of visitors that the glass was "unbreakable." The glass did not break, but popped out of the window frame.

"Like a boss!"

Heard that one too. Window office at its best.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10381
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:18:57 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

1955: Margo Jones, theater director, was killed by exposure to carbon tetrachloride fumes from her newly cleaned carpet.

Good excuse for letting a WU clean the house!

Any science type out there that can explain what that stuff is?

A molecule with 4 Cl atoms

All's I got is that it's a cleaning agent. And that it's a Carbon molecule with 4 Chloride bonds.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10382
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:18:59 PM   
Historiker

2005: Lee Seung Seop, a 28-year-old from South Korea, collapsed of fatigue and died after playing the videogame StarCraft online for almost 50 consecutive hours.

STARCRAFT!!!
(I actually only played it a few minutes)...

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10383
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:19:36 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

1993: Michael A. Shingledecker Jr. was killed when he and a friend were struck by a pickup truck while lying flat on the yellow dividing line of a two-lane highway in Polk, Pennsylvania. They were copying a daredevil stunt from the movie The Program. Marco Birkhimer died of a similar accident while performing the same stunt in Route 206 of Bordentown, New Jersey.

Yep. Remember that. Darwin.

The other craze of the 90s was car surfing which also removed several people from the gene pool.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10384
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:19:39 PM   
Historiker

2005: Francisco Portillo, a 34-year-old El Salvadoran, was strangled after the hood of his sweatshirt became entangled in the teeth of a escalator at Porter Square Station in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He was alledgely drunk at the time.

Escalator, elevator... That's why I prefer good 'ol stairs!

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10385
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:20:17 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

1966: Worth Bingham, son of Barry Bingham, Sr., died when a surfboard, lying atop the back of his convertible, hit a parked car, swung around, and broke his neck.

Dumbass.

Dude. Surf's up! Aieeeee!

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 10386
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:20:29 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

1994: Jeremy Brenno, a 16-year-old golfer from Gloversville, New York, was killed when he threw his club against a bench in a fit of rage, breaking the shaft. Part of the shaft bounced back and pierced his heart.

His chi was not centered.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10387
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:20:31 PM   
Historiker

2006: Mariesa Weber, a petite 38-year-old woman, asphyxiated when she became wedged upside-down behind a bookcase in her bedroom while trying to adjust a plug on her television set. Her family, believing she had been abducted, searched for eleven days before finally finding the body.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10388
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:21:06 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

1995: A 39-year-old man committed suicide in Canberra, Australia by shooting himself three times with a pump action shotgun. The first shot passed through his chest, but missed all of the vital organs. He reloaded and shot away his throat and part of his jaw. Breathing through the throat wound, he again reloaded, held the gun against his chest with his hands and operated the trigger with his toes. This shot entered the thoracic cavity and demolished the heart, killing him.

Impressive stunt!

But you can only do it once.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10389
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:21:34 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

1996: Sharon Lopatka, from Maryland, was killed by Robert Glass who claimed that she had solicited him to torture and kill her for the purpose of sexual gratification.

Hey, wasnt there a more recent case in Germany.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10390
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:21:36 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

1993: Michael A. Shingledecker Jr. was killed when he and a friend were struck by a pickup truck while lying flat on the yellow dividing line of a two-lane highway in Polk, Pennsylvania. They were copying a daredevil stunt from the movie The Program. Marco Birkhimer died of a similar accident while performing the same stunt in Route 206 of Bordentown, New Jersey.

Yep. Remember that. Darwin.

The other craze of the 90s was car surfing which also removed several people from the gene pool.

we had train surfing. Was quite popular in my youth.

Post #: 10391
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:21:50 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

1972: Leslie Harvey, guitarist of Stone the Crows, was electrocuted on stage by a live microphone.

IIRC one of the Metallica guys walked into a firework, didnt die, fortunately.

Don't forget about Michael Jackson's infamous Pepsi ad.

Post #: 10392
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:22:46 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

1998 October: The entire association football team of Bena Tshadi playing against Basanga was killed by lightning during a match in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Everyone on Basanga, the home team, survived.

Who volunteers to play them next?

How the heck....

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10393
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:23:14 PM   
Historiker

2007: Jennifer Strange, a 28-year-old woman from Sacramento, California, died of water intoxication while trying to win a Nintendo Wii console in a KDND 107.9 "The End" radio station's "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest, which involved drinking large quantities of water without urinating.

Already posted? Impressive how one can die. How much must she have gulped while her body shouted "STOP STOP STOP" just to get that console...

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10394
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:23:28 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

1983: Dick Wertheim was an American tennis linesman who died from blunt cranial trauma at a match at the 1983 US Open. Stefan Edberg sent an errant serve directly into his groin, causing him to fall and hit his head on the pavement.

Ain't "love"ing that.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10395
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:24:07 PM   
Historiker

2007: Humberto Hernandez, a 24-year-old Oakland, California resident, was killed after being struck in the face by an airborne fire hydrant while walking. A passing car had struck the fire hydrant and the water pressure shot the hydrant at Hernandez with enough force to kill him.

Beware of flying bears, cows and hydrants!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10396
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:24:26 PM   
Historiker

2007: Kevin Whitrick, a 42-year-old British man, committed suicide by hanging himself live in front of a webcam during an Internet chat session.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10397
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:24:46 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

1999: Dominguez Garcia was killed February 25, 1999, by an airborne cow in Vacaville, California. The animal had strayed onto the highway and was struck by another vehicle, launching it into his lane where it crashed through his windshield

Beware of airborne animals!

2011: A 25-year-old woman from Ottawa, Ontario and Steven Leon, 40, of Gatineau, Quebec, died after an airborne American black bear smashed through the windshield of their SUV near Luskville, Quebec. The bear had been hit by another vehicle, launching it into the oncoming lane where it landed on the SUV.

In Vacaville, its only expected that there be cows.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10398
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:25:17 PM   
Historiker

2007: Mike Coolbaugh, a 35-year-old former Major League Baseball player, was killed when he was struck in the head by a line drive while standing in the first base coach's box during a minor league game between the Tulsa Drillers and the Arkansas Travelers.

Baseball... Always baseball...

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10399
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:25:39 PM   
Historiker

2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, died after falling from his building's terrace while trying to fight off attacking Rhesus Macaque monkeys.

Monkeys!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10400
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:26:24 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

1993: Garry Hoy, a 38-year-old lawyer in Toronto, Ontario, fell to his death on July 9, 1993, after he threw himself against a window on the 24th floor of the Toronto-Dominion Centre in an attempt to prove to a group of visitors that the glass was "unbreakable." The glass did not break, but popped out of the window frame.

"Like a boss!"

Another good lawyer!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10401
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:26:36 PM   
Historiker

008: An unidentified intoxicated man from St. Petersburg, Russia, was accidentally killed by the folding couch on which he laid following a dispute with his wife. The irate wife kicked a handle that released a folding mechanism for the couch, left the room, and did not return for three hours. The couch had folded away into the wall, trapping the husband within and killing him.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10402
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:26:53 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

"Like a boss!"

Another good lawyer!

indeed!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10403
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:27:00 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

1975: Pit Dernitz, a tourist in Namibia, was killed by lions in front of his wife and children during a filming excursion. On an impulse, Dernitz had left his vehicle to film a feeding lion and within seconds he was tackled by a large lioness. Footage of his death has been featured in many films, including Savage Man Savage Beast and Traces of Death.

The video can be found on the internet by googleing the name. I deliberately didn't link it here and I wouldn't recommend anyone to watch it if he can't stand REAL graphic violence!

quote:

Pit Dernitz

Sad, but very, very stupid.

My wife told me of an incident that was very big in Romania when she was in college there. Apparently, an American couple was honeymooning in the mountain part of the country. There are many bears there and the authorities routinely caution people not to approach bears under any circumstances and there are many signs up to the same effect. So these two Americans were hiking through the forest when the came upon a female bear and her young cubs. The lady of the couple went to "pet the teddy bear" while her husband filmed. The effects were predictable.

The story got exposure when the family tried to sue the Romanian government for wrongful death or failure to protect her or somesuch and were politely told to f*ck off and that the government was not responsible for manifestations of human stupidity. Damn right too.

How old is your wife?

None of your business.

I understood that this took place in the late 90s but the court case dragged on into the 2000s.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10404
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:27:29 PM   
Historiker

2008: David Phyall, 50, the last resident in a block of flats due to be demolished in Bishopstoke, near Southampton, Hampshire, England, cut off his own head with a chainsaw to highlight the injustice of being forced to move out.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10405
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:27:39 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

And after mocking several other nationalities, I finally have a famous German case:

2001: Bernd-Jürgen Brandes, from Germany, was voluntarily stabbed repeatedly and then partly eaten by Armin Meiwes (who was later called the Cannibal of Rotenburg). Brandes had answered an internet advertisement by Meiwes looking for someone for this purpose. Brandes explicitly stated in his will that he wished to be killed and eaten.

Yep, that one...

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10406
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:27:48 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

1996: Sharon Lopatka, from Maryland, was killed by Robert Glass who claimed that she had solicited him to torture and kill her for the purpose of sexual gratification.

You mean that the jury didn't buy that story?

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10407
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:28:24 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

2001: Gregory Biggs, a homeless American man in Fort Worth, Texas, was struck by a car being driven by drunk driver, Chante Jawan Mallard and became lodged in her windshield with severe but not immediately fatal injuries. Mallard drove home and left the car in her garage with Biggs still lodged in her car's windshield. Biggs died of his injuries several hours later.

She was sentenced to 50 years in prison!

Good! They made a CSI episode based on that.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10408
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:28:56 PM   
Historiker

2008: James Mason, 73, of Middlefield, Ohio, died of heart failure after his transvestite wife exercised him to death in a public swimming pool. Christine Newton-John, 41, pulled Mason around the pool and prevented him from getting out of the water 43 times.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10409
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:29:53 PM   
Historiker

2008: Isaiah Otieno, 23, a Kenyan student living in Cranbrook, British Columbia, was killed when a Bell 206 helicopter crashed on top of him as he walked along a residential street.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10410
Page:   <<   < prev  345 346 [347] 348 349   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  345 346 [347] 348 349   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI