Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  347 348 [349] 350 351   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:10:50 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Her blood alcohol content was 1.35%.

A goal for you, Torsten?

No, I want to have the amount of blood being measured in my alcohol!

Will you be at the east coast between late september and early or mid november?

Alas, no-herr Historiker. I am debating whether I can make a September-October shindig in Bellevue with Comrade Red Mouse and AW1Steve. Lou and Steve are freakishly good cooks. Since I'm getting hungry right now, that's got my tying vote...

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10441
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:17:36 AM   
Historiker

you wanna go to washington state?

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10442
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:19:13 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

A goal for you, Torsten?

Alas, no-herr Historiker. I am debating whether I can make a September-October shindig in Bellevue with Comrade Red Mouse and AW1Steve. Lou and Steve are freakishly good cooks. Since I'm getting hungry right now, that's got my tying vote...

Prepping for a dinner party right now. The senior guest wanted "french". So Beouf Burgoinion and egg noodles, home bade french baguettes, roasted veg. Home made ice cream and madelines and macaroons (the french , not southern ones). And of course wine. Hurry over!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10443
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:20:00 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

you wanna go to washington state?

If your going to Seattle , then you need to stop here!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10444
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:21:06 AM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

A goal for you, Torsten?

Prepping for a dinner party right now. The senior guest wanted "french". So Beouf Burgoinion and egg noodles, home bade french baguettes, roasted veg. Home made ice cream and madelines and macaroons (the french , not southern ones). And of course wine. Hurry over!

Nebraska suddenly got quite attractive to visit!

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10445
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:24:25 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

1975: Pit Dernitz, a tourist in Namibia, was killed by lions in front of his wife and children during a filming excursion. On an impulse, Dernitz had left his vehicle to film a feeding lion and within seconds he was tackled by a large lioness. Footage of his death has been featured in many films, including Savage Man Savage Beast and Traces of Death.

The video can be found on the internet by googleing the name. I deliberately didn't link it here and I wouldn't recommend anyone to watch it if he can't stand REAL graphic violence!

Sad, but very, very stupid.

My wife told me of an incident that was very big in Romania when she was in college there. Apparently, an American couple was honeymooning in the mountain part of the country. There are many bears there and the authorities routinely caution people not to approach bears under any circumstances and there are many signs up to the same effect. So these two Americans were hiking through the forest when the came upon a female bear and her young cubs. The lady of the couple went to "pet the teddy bear" while her husband filmed. The effects were predictable.

The story got exposure when the family tried to sue the Romanian government for wrongful death or failure to protect her or somesuch and were politely told to f*ck off and that the government was not responsible for manifestations of human stupidity. Damn right too.

This video smells of fakery. Perhaps the story is true, but Snopes.com has red lights all over this one.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 10446
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:29:05 AM   
Historiker

I didn't find that videon on the stated site.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10447
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:31:41 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Jenny Mitchell, a 19-year-old English hairdresser, was killed when her car exploded after fumes, caused by chemicals mixing with hydrogen peroxide leaking from a bottle of hair bleach, ignited as she lit a cigarette.

Damn! Must have been a huge bottle.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10448
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:32:18 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

1986: More than 1,700 were killed after a limnic eruption from Lake Nyos in Cameroon, released approximately 100 million cubic metres of carbon dioxide that quickly descended on the lake and killed oxygen-dependent life within a 25 kilometre (15 mile) radius, including three villages. The same phenomenon is also blamed for the deaths of 37 near Lake Monoun in 1984.

Holy ****ing ****!

Saw that on the Science Channel. There are even theories out there revolving around massive CO2 bubbles causing the Bermuda Triangle disappearances.

I know that I've been subjected to massive C02 and Hydrogen Sulfide eruptions at times while wearing my Bermudas. Is that the same thing?

You mean people fart a lot?

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10449
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:32:51 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Mike Edwards, 62, an English musician, best known as a former cellist of rock group Electric Light Orchestra during the early '70s, was killed when a 600 kg (1,300 lb) bale of hay rolled down a hill and landed on his passing van in Devon.

ELO was cool

Thats some random stuff right there.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10450
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:34:00 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Vladimir Ladyzhensky, a competitor from Russia, died in the World Sauna Championships in Finland, after he had spent six minutes in a sauna that had been heated up to 230°F(110°C).

I hope he at least was the winner!

See, Finns again.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10451
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:34:39 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Arthur Sexton, 80, drowned after falling off a step ladder and landing upside down in a water butt containing only a couple of feet of water.

Thread bless him for trying to go up a ladder at 80.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10452
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:36:51 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Brian Depledge, 38, died from asphyxiation at his home in Bradford, England, after tripping and falling into a plastic clothes-airer and trapping his neck in the rungs.

WTF is a clothes-airer?

quote:

Jose Luis Ochoa, 35, died after being stabbed in the leg at a cockfight in Tulare County, California U.S., by one of the birds that had a knife attached to its limb.

All is right with the world.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10453
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:37:50 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

2005: Lee Seung Seop, a 28-year-old from South Korea, collapsed of fatigue and died after playing the videogame StarCraft online for almost 50 consecutive hours.

STARCRAFT!!!
(I actually only played it a few minutes)...

There have been several S. Korean deaths from Starcraft-related fixation. They don't eat, drink or anything for 48-72 hours straight...

There was a more recent one in Taiwan. Also a video-game related one in the US but I think that had to do with a diabetic or heart condition.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10454
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:39:39 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Anthony Hensley, 37, from Des Plaines, Illinois drowned after his kayak was capsized by a swan, which then blocked him from escaping to shore.

My mother always warned me about swans. She may have been right after all!

Those things are vicious. And big!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10455
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:40:59 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Awww, c'mon. Pretty please.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10456
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:46:41 AM   
Onime No Kyo

Chickenboy's doorbell?

Post #: 10457
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:47:53 AM   
Onime No Kyo

This could turn awkward.....

Post #: 10458
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:49:13 AM   
Onime No Kyo

Meanwhile, at the Chickenboy residence....

Post #: 10459
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:54:52 AM   
Onime No Kyo

There is intelligent life on this planet after all.

Post #: 10460
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 1:18:00 AM   
treespider

quote:

quote:

quote:

1975: Pit Dernitz, a tourist in Namibia, was killed by lions in front of his wife and children during a filming excursion. On an impulse, Dernitz had left his vehicle to film a feeding lion and within seconds he was tackled by a large lioness. Footage of his death has been featured in many films, including Savage Man Savage Beast and Traces of Death.

The video can be found on the internet by googleing the name. I deliberately didn't link it here and I wouldn't recommend anyone to watch it if he can't stand REAL graphic violence!

My wife told me of an incident that was very big in Romania when she was in college there. Apparently, an American couple was honeymooning in the mountain part of the country. There are many bears there and the authorities routinely caution people not to approach bears under any circumstances and there are many signs up to the same effect. So these two Americans were hiking through the forest when the came upon a female bear and her young cubs. The lady of the couple went to "pet the teddy bear" while her husband filmed. The effects were predictable.

The story got exposure when the family tried to sue the Romanian government for wrongful death or failure to protect her or somesuch and were politely told to f*ck off and that the government was not responsible for manifestations of human stupidity. Damn right too.

This video smells of fakery. Perhaps the story is true, but Snopes.com has red lights all over this one.

Happens every summer in Cades Cove in the Smokies. Some dumbass tuwrist gets out of their ve-hick-le to pet the damn bears...and gets et. People are stupid.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10461
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 1:30:06 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

quote:

quote:

quote:

Happens every summer in Cades Cove in the Smokies. Some dumbass tuwrist gets out of their ve-hick-le to pet the damn bears...and gets et. People are stupid.

Maybe so, but they must be tasty too or it wouldn't keep happening there at the same spot.

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 10462
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 1:47:33 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Chickenboy's doorbell?

No. Shanilac's.

Post #: 10463
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 2:01:02 AM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sounds like some thing that happened a few years ago here in DK, in a local wildwife park/zoo. There is a heavily fenched enclosure with lions in it. Ur allowed to drive through it, going through doubled locked doors with LOTS of signs. Keep windows closed. Dont step out of ur car and so on, in the usual tourist languages. A turist from a certain country just south of Denmark. Thot it would be a good idea to step out of the car and take pictures....
He was saved in time but lost a good chuck of his lower leg, trying to get into the car again.

Night all,

Rasmus

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 10464
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 2:09:31 AM   
Onime No Kyo

German spam

quote:

Hallo, In Anbetracht der Natur der Inhalt dieses Schreibens, die aus einer Person ohne Überweisung, ich für alle Unannehmlichkeiten entschuldigen, aber bitte lesen und objektiv betrachten, wenn wir zusammen arbeiten können. Ich stelle Ihnen die Geschichte von meinem verstorbenen Kunden, der den gleichen Namen hat wie Yury.I sein Erbe respektieren wird, können Sie auf die Existenz des Empfängers beziehen. Bitte antworten Sie für weitere Details.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 10465
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 2:12:56 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Maybe so, but they must be tasty too or it wouldn't keep happening there at the same spot.

Someone should protect those bears. Stupid people are high in cholesterol.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 10466
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 9:03:25 AM   
Historiker

quote:

German spam

quote:

Hallo, In Anbetracht der Natur der Inhalt dieses Schreibens, die aus einer Person ohne Überweisung, ich für alle Unannehmlichkeiten entschuldigen, aber bitte lesen und objektiv betrachten, wenn wir zusammen arbeiten können. Ich stelle Ihnen die Geschichte von meinem verstorbenen Kunden, der den gleichen Namen hat wie Yury.I sein Erbe respektieren wird, können Sie auf die Existenz des Empfängers beziehen. Bitte antworten Sie für weitere Details.

German words, but no German language...

Post #: 10467
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 1:57:46 PM   
Chickenboy

G'mornin' you lot. Waffles with a berry compote this morning for breakfast.

Dinner last night was some rosemary and sauted garlic lamb chops, Chayote with pepper feta and loaded baked potato. Yum...

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10468
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 2:05:20 PM   
Historiker

quote:

G'mornin' you lot. Waffles with a berry compote this morning for breakfast.

Dinner last night was some rosemary and sauted garlic lamb chops, Chayote with pepper feta and loaded baked potato. Yum...

Coyote?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10469
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 2:27:37 PM   
Walloc

Man its hot. 31 C / 88 F outside plus humid and im sweating sitting down...

Rasmus

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10470
Page:   <<   < prev  347 348 [349] 350 351   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  347 348 [349] 350 351   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI