Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  346 347 [348] 349 350   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:30:17 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

1999: Dominguez Garcia was killed February 25, 1999, by an airborne cow in Vacaville, California. The animal had strayed onto the highway and was struck by another vehicle, launching it into his lane where it crashed through his windshield

Beware of airborne animals!

You'd think that the driver should have been warned! I mean, what does one expect near Vaca ("cow" in Spanish) ville?

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10411
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:30:43 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

1983: Jimmy Lee Gray, during his execution in a Mississippi gas chamber, died bashing his head against a metal pole behind the chair he was strapped into. The poisonous gas had failed to kill him but left him in agony and gasping for eight minutes.

The crime he was being being executed for was kidnapping, anally raping and killing a 3 year old girl. That while on parole after raping and killing a 16 year old girl. So no pity here.

Well, I don't think a government should torture or kill such a brutally way. But of course, my pity is quite limited hearing his case as well...

To be fair, that stuff would kill 99% of humans within 30 seconds or so. This guy was an anomaly. And if one were to believe in higher powers....well...

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10412
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:31:03 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

2011: A 25-year-old woman from Ottawa, Ontario and Steven Leon, 40, of Gatineau, Quebec, died after an airborne American black bear smashed through the windshield of their SUV near Luskville, Quebec. The bear had been hit by another vehicle, launching it into the oncoming lane where it landed on the SUV.

Umm...wouldn't it have been a Canadian black bear? Why are the Canadians always trying to pin their bad luck on us?

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10413
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:31:16 PM   
Historiker

2008: Nordin Montong, 32, a janitor at the Singapore Zoo, committed suicide by entering an enclosure containing white tigers and provoking them with brooms and a pail until they mauled him to death.

Well, at least some tigers had their fun. A friend of mine was stuck on his train today thanks to a suicidal throwing himself on the track. Really nite for the train driver to see it coming for a mile or more and not being able to do anything to prevent it. ****ing cowards!

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10414
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:32:22 PM   
Historiker

2009: Vladimir Likhonos, a Ukrainian student, died after accidentally dipping a piece of homemade chewing gum into explosives he was using on another project. He mistook the jar of explosive for citric acid, which was also on his desk. The gum exploded, blowing off his jaw and most of the lower part of his face.

Oops!

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10415
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:33:13 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

And after mocking several other nationalities, I finally have a famous German case:

2001: Bernd-Jürgen Brandes, from Germany, was voluntarily stabbed repeatedly and then partly eaten by Armin Meiwes (who was later called the Cannibal of Rotenburg). Brandes had answered an internet advertisement by Meiwes looking for someone for this purpose. Brandes explicitly stated in his will that he wished to be killed and eaten.

Torsten-please feel free to edit the following word with the proper number of umlauts: Dumbasses.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10416
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:33:34 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

2011: A 25-year-old woman from Ottawa, Ontario and Steven Leon, 40, of Gatineau, Quebec, died after an airborne American black bear smashed through the windshield of their SUV near Luskville, Quebec. The bear had been hit by another vehicle, launching it into the oncoming lane where it landed on the SUV.

Umm...wouldn't it have been a Canadian black bear? Why are the Canadians always trying to pin their bad luck on us?

Why do you claim all bears to be yours! Evil american imperialists!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10417
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:33:49 PM   
Historiker

A 40-year-old wheelchair-bound South Korean man identified as Mr. Lee died after falling down an elevator shaft in Daejon. Lee had failed to enter an elevator in time and, in a rage, rammed the doors with his mobility scooter, breaking them open and falling to his death.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10418
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:34:06 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

1983: Jimmy Lee Gray, during his execution in a Mississippi gas chamber, died bashing his head against a metal pole behind the chair he was strapped into. The poisonous gas had failed to kill him but left him in agony and gasping for eight minutes.

The crime he was being being executed for was kidnapping, anally raping and killing a 3 year old girl. That while on parole after raping and killing a 16 year old girl. So no pity here.

No kidding.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 10419
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:34:28 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

And after mocking several other nationalities, I finally have a famous German case:

2001: Bernd-Jürgen Brandes, from Germany, was voluntarily stabbed repeatedly and then partly eaten by Armin Meiwes (who was later called the Cannibal of Rotenburg). Brandes had answered an internet advertisement by Meiwes looking for someone for this purpose. Brandes explicitly stated in his will that he wished to be killed and eaten.

Torsten-please feel free to edit the following word with the proper number of umlauts: Dumbasses.

Vollidioten?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10420
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:35:52 PM   
Historiker

Amy Rose Coxall, a 15-year-old British schoolgirl studying in Hong Kong, died of strangulation shortly after her scarf got caught in the wheel of a go-kart she was driving on a karting course.

Jacquelyn Kotorac, 49, a physician from Bakersfield, California, died of asphyxiation when she became trapped in the chimney of her boyfriend's home while attempting to break in.

Jenny Mitchell, a 19-year-old English hairdresser, was killed when her car exploded after fumes, caused by chemicals mixing with hydrogen peroxide leaking from a bottle of hair bleach, ignited as she lit a cigarette.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10421
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:36:15 PM   
Historiker

Jimi Heselden, British owner of the Segway motorized scooter company, was killed when he accidentally drove off a cliff on a Segway at his estate at Thorp Arch near Boston Spa.

Like a Boss!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10422
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:36:19 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

1986: More than 1,700 were killed after a limnic eruption from Lake Nyos in Cameroon, released approximately 100 million cubic metres of carbon dioxide that quickly descended on the lake and killed oxygen-dependent life within a 25 kilometre (15 mile) radius, including three villages. The same phenomenon is also blamed for the deaths of 37 near Lake Monoun in 1984.

Holy ****ing ****!

Saw that on the Science Channel. There are even theories out there revolving around massive CO2 bubbles causing the Bermuda Triangle disappearances.

I know that I've been subjected to massive C02 and Hydrogen Sulfide eruptions at times while wearing my Bermudas. Is that the same thing?

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 10423
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:36:37 PM   
Historiker

Mike Edwards, 62, an English musician, best known as a former cellist of rock group Electric Light Orchestra during the early '70s, was killed when a 600 kg (1,300 lb) bale of hay rolled down a hill and landed on his passing van in Devon.

ELO was cool

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10424
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:37:00 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

2005: Francisco Portillo, a 34-year-old El Salvadoran, was strangled after the hood of his sweatshirt became entangled in the teeth of a escalator at Porter Square Station in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He was alledgely drunk at the time.

Escalator, elevator... That's why I prefer good 'ol stairs!

After HS I worked for an appliance repair company. One of the older guys used to bust my chops for wearing a tie. One story he had was of a repairman who had read some business self help book and decided that he would improve his prospects by being more professional, which included wearing a tie. That was, until the thing was caught in a spinning dryer and nearly decapitated him.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10425
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:37:35 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Her blood alcohol content was 1.35%.

A goal for you, Torsten?

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10426
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:37:53 PM   
Historiker

Robert Boardman, 63, was gored to death by a mountain goat at Olympic National Park, U.S.

Robert Gary Jones, 38, was killed while jogging on a beach in Hilton Head Island, U.S. when he was hit from behind by a small plane making an emergency landing.

The Gauls were right! The sky can drop on our heads!

Vladimir Ladyzhensky, a competitor from Russia, died in the World Sauna Championships in Finland, after he had spent six minutes in a sauna that had been heated up to 230°F(110°C).

I hope he at least was the winner!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10427
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:38:21 PM   
Historiker

Arthur Sexton, 80, drowned after falling off a step ladder and landing upside down in a water butt containing only a couple of feet of water.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10428
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:38:54 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

2004: Francis "Franky" Brohm, 23, of Marietta, Georgia was leaning out of a car window and decapitated by a telephone pole support wire. The car's intoxicated driver, John Hutcherson, 21, drove nearly 12 miles to his home with the headless body in the passenger seat, parked the car in his driveway, then went to bed. A neighbour saw the bloody corpse still in the car and notified police. Brohm's head was later discovered at the accident scene.

Wouzld fit quite nicely into a movie...

Prefaced by the quote, "Hey, John, watch this..."

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10429
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:39:20 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

2007: Kevin Whitrick, a 42-year-old British man, committed suicide by hanging himself live in front of a webcam during an Internet chat session.

Ah, the joys of technology. Wasnt there a more recent case of a woman who killed herself on webcam turning on the gas oven?

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10430
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:39:27 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

A goal for you, Torsten?

No, I want to have the amount of blood being measured in my alcohol!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10431
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:40:35 PM   
Historiker

Brian Depledge, 38, died from asphyxiation at his home in Bradford, England, after tripping and falling into a plastic clothes-airer and trapping his neck in the rungs.

Jose Luis Ochoa, 35, died after being stabbed in the leg at a cockfight in Tulare County, California U.S., by one of the birds that had a knife attached to its limb.

Rory Schmand, 47, of Dover-Foxcroft, Maine, died approximately four months after a tree branch fell and crashed through her car windshield, impaling her between the eyes.

Sheila Decoster, 62, died from asphyxiation after falling head first into a recycling bin at her home in Toledo, Ohio, U.S.

recycling = bad!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10432
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:42:16 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

2005: Lee Seung Seop, a 28-year-old from South Korea, collapsed of fatigue and died after playing the videogame StarCraft online for almost 50 consecutive hours.

STARCRAFT!!!
(I actually only played it a few minutes)...

There have been several S. Korean deaths from Starcraft-related fixation. They don't eat, drink or anything for 48-72 hours straight...

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10433
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:42:27 PM   
Historiker

And finally: This year's unusualy deaths:

Savannah Hardin, 9, from Montgomery, Alabama died of seizure-related complications after running non-stop for several hours. She was reportedly forced to run by her stepmother and grandmother as punishment for lying about eating a candy bar.

Well, at least your US laws are tough on criminals!

Anthony Hensley, 37, from Des Plaines, Illinois drowned after his kayak was capsized by a swan, which then blocked him from escaping to shore.

My mother always warned me about swans. She may have been right after all!

An unnamed Chinese man, 42, from Haikou died during an altercation with a 41-year-old woman over a parking space. The woman reportedly grabbed his testicles and squeezed them until he was rendered unconscious. The man was later pronounced dead at the hospital from the injuries.

Erica Marshall, a 28-year-old veterinarian in Florida, died when the horse she was treating in a nearby high-oxygen chamber kicked the wall, releasing a spark from its horseshoes and triggering an explosion.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10434
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:43:20 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

2005: Lee Seung Seop, a 28-year-old from South Korea, collapsed of fatigue and died after playing the videogame StarCraft online for almost 50 consecutive hours.

STARCRAFT!!!
(I actually only played it a few minutes)...

There have been several S. Korean deaths from Starcraft-related fixation. They don't eat, drink or anything for 48-72 hours straight...

Pros!
The south Korean army had or has it's own Starcraft Team! They have soldiers who "work" playing Starcraft in the leagues!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10435
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:45:38 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

2008: James Mason, 73, of Middlefield, Ohio, died of heart failure after his transvestite wife exercised him to death in a public swimming pool. Christine Newton-John, 41, pulled Mason around the pool and prevented him from getting out of the water 43 times.

Any relation to Olyvia? Talk about getting "Physical"!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10436
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:54:26 PM   
Historiker

A video about the bomb collar man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MRsXUyMI40

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10437
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:55:39 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

A goal for you, Torsten?

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10438
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/18/2012 11:56:24 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Jose Luis Ochoa, 35, died after being stabbed in the leg at a cockfight in Tulare County, California U.S., by one of the birds that had a knife attached to its limb.

Chickens get vengeance!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10439
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/19/2012 12:04:30 AM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

A goal for you, Torsten?

Will you be at the east coast between late september and early or mid november?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10440
Page:   <<   < prev  346 347 [348] 349 350   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  346 347 [348] 349 350   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI