Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

see PBEM opponent

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Opponents Wanted >> see PBEM opponent Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
see PBEM opponent - 7/13/2012 7:41:10 PM   
Levsha

Hi all!

I'm new in this game but would like to play with Human by PBEM. If someone have interest it please reply me here or send send message to PM or e-mail.
Post #: 1
RE: see PBEM opponent - 8/28/2012 9:29:06 PM   
jackx

I've just re-installed the game, been a (long) while since I played any PBEM, but I'd be willing to have another go at it.

I'm basically open for anything, though not particularly fond of fire-capable cavalry (which is in some of the scenarios added in the patch), but it's not a deal-breaker.

Edit: If anyone other than the OP wants to have a go at me, you're of course free to do so as well.

< Message edited by jackx -- 8/28/2012 9:34:46 PM >

no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be ... no peace

(in reply to Levsha)
Post #: 2
RE: see PBEM opponent - 8/29/2012 2:10:44 PM   
PrinzHenrich

The idea of capable fire cavalry was to made this more usefull unit on not clear map. We both, that cavalry are able to fight not only by charging, but melee in forest and difficult terrain also. So, because game machine do not give ability to fight cavalry in that way, I decide to make them "firearms" as a equvalent of normal melee fight. What would you do with 5 cavalry unit on terrain with cornfields only?
You would charge anyway. In game you can't.

Changes....

(in reply to jackx)
Post #: 3
RE: see PBEM opponent - 8/31/2012 4:28:30 PM   
jackx

I know why it's there, and it makes sense, but it is exploitable, particularly as no matter how low the firepower $, a few horsemen skirmishing away seems to do comparable damage to full volleys from infantry units.

It's probably harder to (ab)use against a player than against the AI, but it's one of a few "broken" features (the ability to initiate "cold steel" and then do anything but attack the enemy with the movement points being another) that might just lead to a competitive game getting ugly.

That said, I'm up for a game of Asch or Habelschwerdt, just to see how fire-capable cavalry actually plays out PVP.
Habelschwerdt has one Austrian unit (IR 59 Daun) with 1/0 range in the 1.12a version though, and thus incapable of firing.

no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be ... no peace

(in reply to PrinzHenrich)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Opponents Wanted >> see PBEM opponent Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI