Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  367 368 [369] 370 371   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/15/2012 3:10:22 PM   
USSAmerica

And with that, I bid you a New Page and a Good Day, Brothers!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 11041
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/15/2012 4:15:17 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

I did test things out last night and found my DSL internet won't work until ATT sends somebody on Monday to reconnect my phone line to the neighborhood system. It's been disconnected for years as we used TW Cable for our phone service as well.

Guess I'll have to keep the TWC turned on for the internet service for 2 extra days.

I can see Paccino now..."Every time I get out-they pull me back IN!"

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 11042
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/15/2012 4:16:39 PM   
Chickenboy

Watched "The King's Speech" with Mrs. Chickenboy last night. Very good film. I had my doubts going into it, but it was-as Mr. Warspite1 would say-a stonkingly good film.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 11043
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/15/2012 4:17:15 PM   
Chickenboy

Lovely early Fall Saturday morning tithe...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 11044
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/15/2012 6:01:28 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Watched "The King's Speech" with Mrs. Chickenboy last night. Very good film. I had my doubts going into it, but it was-as Mr. Warspite1 would say-a stonkingly good film.
warspite1

Stonking indeed, what?

And now perhaps, if you will forgive the indulgence, you will allow me to introduce this rather stonking piece of music into the conversation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBfKXHoSvDM

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 11045
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 10:45:23 AM   
Onime No Kyo

Greetings from Germany. Been here for a week and haven't seen a single tank yet. I'm sure one will turn up any minute now.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 11046
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 11:00:34 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 11047
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 11:02:40 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCSUforest

Anybody know what happened to the Spaminator in Chief, Terminus??

Good to see you, Andy!

T earned himself a ban, which is probably over, but he's taking some additional time off from the forums. He may come back at some point. I sure hope so.

I think that they all got 3 months (and that ban is not over yet)...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 11048
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 12:04:03 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Greetings from Germany. Been here for a week and haven't seen a single tank yet. I'm sure one will turn up any minute now.

German tanks don't live in Germany. If you're looking for a Panzer try next door.

Bigger boys stole my sig

Post #: 11049
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 12:14:38 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Back from work.

That isn't one of our Spits Leo. In other Spitfire topics, we've just seen TE311 run up for the first time in decades today. I'll stick some pictures up later, and if I can remember my password I'll maybe put a couple of videos on Youtube.

RGR Martin!

BTW, you didn't write what new mobile phone you got (and was it at work)?

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 11050
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 1:28:21 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

I think about the only tanks you'll see there are in museums, but I'd yield to Torsten's POV on that one.

Hope you're having a nice trip, dude. When will you be coming back through Omaha, NE? Specific dates for planning would be helpful.

Post #: 11051
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 2:15:27 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

German tanks don't live in Germany. If you're looking for a Panzer try next door.

warspite1

Dixie my other half said she thought she saw a Lancaster (flying over south-east London) yesterday - would the BBMF have been up yesterday? I doubts as she pointed to my model Wellington when trying to describe said aircraft

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 11052
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 2:29:33 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Dixie my other half said she thought she saw a Lancaster (flying over south-east London) yesterday - would the BBMF have been up yesterday? I doubts as she pointed to my model Wellington when trying to describe said aircraft

LoL, now that we are at Wellingtons, get ur ass back into a real thread and note me for 5 correct answers

Rasmus

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 11053
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 2:37:17 PM   
Walloc

quote:

quote:

I think about the only tanks you'll see there are in museums, but I'd yield to Torsten's POV on that one.

Hope you're having a nice trip, dude. When will you be coming back through Omaha, NE? Specific dates for planning would be helpful.

But the german pz museum is in the other end of the country at Munster to be specific, they even had a Leib hussar uniforms that im still drooling over according to my friends. Btw if u are like my other friends, dont confuse an ü with an u. Munster isnt the same as Münster. Still laughing at that one. They stopped an police officer to ask directions, they didnt get thew answer they were looking for

Rasmus

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 11054
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 2:44:18 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walloc

quote:

LoL, now that we are at Wellingtons, get ur ass back into a real thread and note me for 5 correct answers

Rasmus
warspite1

ahh, so that's where the Wellington fixation came from . Now, get your sorry Danish behind back to the real thread and see how you did

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 11055
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 2:46:21 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Could be. She's based at Biggin this weekend after a few days in Jersey earlier in the week.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 11056
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 3:13:33 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Back from work.

That isn't one of our Spits Leo. In other Spitfire topics, we've just seen TE311 run up for the first time in decades today. I'll stick some pictures up later, and if I can remember my password I'll maybe put a couple of videos on Youtube.

RGR Martin!

BTW, you didn't write what new mobile phone you got (and was it at work)?

Leo "Apollo11"

TE's EGR was at work, with most of the flight away over the weekend there wasn't much to do on Friday afternoon except watch the Spitfire I would have uploaded the video, but it would have taken 45 minutes to get it onto YouTube

As for the new phone, I got a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 11057
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 3:43:14 PM   
Walloc

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walloc

quote:

Rasmus
warspite1

ahh, so that's where the Wellington fixation came from . Now, get your sorry Danish behind back to the real thread and see how you did

No, the other way around. The fun part was that i had just done that post, debating my self if it should all be wellingtons or lanc's. Then i 1 min later go into this thread.

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 9/16/2012 3:45:01 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 11058
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 5:51:56 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

Most likely 4th or 5th but I don't think I can do any better than that yet.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 11059
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 6:03:26 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok, that helps me out. Enjoy your time in Europe, stay safe and please drop me a line when you get back. I'll delay my east coast trip till we get more definate information.

Post #: 11060
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 6:21:55 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok, that helps me out. Enjoy your time in Europe, stay safe and please drop me a line when you get back. I'll delay my east coast trip till we get more definate information.

Commo will be much easier when we get back to the US. If it wasn't for Martin being such an awesome guy I'd be completely screwed here.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 11061
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 8:11:13 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Commo will be much easier when we get back to the US. If it wasn't for Martin being such an awesome guy I'd be completely screwed here.

So will you again be able to consume alcoholic beverages when you pass through the land of "beef,bombers and beer"?

Post #: 11062
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 8:15:28 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where else is on your schedule?

Bigger boys stole my sig

Post #: 11063
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 9:24:43 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So will you again be able to consume alcoholic beverages when you pass through the land of "beef,bombers and beer"?

Nope. No booze for a month. :(

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 11064
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 9:25:55 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where else is on your schedule?

Munich if we find Torsten.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 11065
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 10:21:08 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

As for the new phone, I got a Samsung Galaxy S3.

I somehow suspected that...

BTW, I held it in my hand and it felt "wrong" - too big... I still have Apple iPhone 4S...

Also I got Samsung Galaxy S2 for one of my co-workers on Friday - it also felt too big...

Thus I have big reservations for upcoming Apple iPhone 5... it is also bigger than Apple iPhone 3G/3GS/4/4S I used...

BTW, IMHO, Android is very nice and maturing with each version but nothing is yet as "comfortable" for me as i Phone iOS (and I do use "JailBreak")...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 11066
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/16/2012 10:22:19 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Zsssssss time...

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
Steve, I will write PM for you tomorrow!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 11067
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/17/2012 1:17:51 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is this firm enough to book airfare, Comrade?

Post #: 11068
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/17/2012 1:27:48 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Hey AW1...check your dropbox, will ya?

ETA: [in sotto voce] Banzai!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 11069
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/17/2012 3:42:43 AM   
jeffk3510

For those interested, the only good thing left in Kansas City is bbq.

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 11070
Page:   <<   < prev  367 368 [369] 370 371   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  367 368 [369] 370 371   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI