Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

O.K. So I like this game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> O.K. So I like this game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
O.K. So I like this game - 9/21/2012 2:25:47 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

Great game that I was unsure whether I would actually take the time to learn how to play. Now I am curious about Warsaw to Paris. I see that it was updated lately to incorporate many aspects of Case Blue. What I am wondering is if it is now identical to CB and if not, what are the main differences?

Thanks in advance.

mo reb

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Post #: 1
RE: O.K. So I like this game - 9/21/2012 3:37:08 AM   
stone10

The main difference is that generals work differently. In Warsaw to Paris, generals get hand card base on a random percentage. In DCCB, generals need command point to play card. The card that generals can get is different also.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 2
RE: O.K. So I like this game - 9/22/2012 6:19:42 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

So the interface and functions are the same? I think I will take a better look. I should have purchased it when they ran the sale. Maybe I'll wait for the Christmas sale and see if it is offered then.
Any other differences?

Thanks
mo reb

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to stone10)
Post #: 3
RE: O.K. So I like this game - 9/22/2012 6:43:25 PM   
Keunert

DC1 has a simpler mechanic. There are no replacements and a lot less reinforcements. cards are more of the strategic kind, no minor allies, no okw orders...
but the strategic cards are great and the french campaign has it's own rule set with dyle points that force you to stick with the historical plan. and there is a slight campaign feeling: the performance of one scenario gives you some advantages or disadvantages in the next game.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> O.K. So I like this game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI