Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 9/30/2012 11:38:18 PM   
laskercapa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Everyone agrees the game is great - the reviews have been brilliant but for some reason its not generating the sales we'd hoped for and we wanted to give it a little push to help nudge it in the right direction.

You are welcome to share codes with anyone you like. Please forward them to a friend who might be interested as this game deserves to reach as many gamers as possible. You can use the code twice so you and a friend can play.

It's a great idea, and it would have worked on me had I been a newsletter subscriber already. I visit the Matrix site and forums every day, so I've no need for the newsletter, but seeing mention of this coupon in the announcement, I clicked through to subscribe so I could get a coupon and buy the game. But no newsletter has come through, and no coupon code, so no game for now. I'll wait and pick it up when I'm ready to play it or when it's offered in the next non-exclusive sale, whichever comes first.

As a suggestion for future promotions like this, either automate sending of the current newsletter upon sign-up, or batch-send the current issue to new subscribers on a daily basis during the promotion period. That way, even new subcribers can participate in the sale and help to make it even more successful.

Thank you for the great products and good luck with the promo!

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 31
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/1/2012 1:40:17 AM   
RCHarmon

At $40 bucks the game is not at all over priced already. You cannot go wrong with this game. If you want a good eastern front game this is one. This is a much better game than a game I blew $80 on two years ago.

(in reply to philabos)
Post #: 32
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/1/2012 6:12:24 AM   
rjh1971

My coupon has now expired in Matrix, that means it has been used by the people I sent it to , but you can still use it in Slitherine if it didn't work for any of you.

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to RCHarmon)
Post #: 33
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/1/2012 9:38:58 AM   
IainMcNeil

The newsletters give us a great way to keep you up to date which is why we put coupons in them to encourage you to sign up. There is a lot going on and its easy to miss it even if you are away for a few days.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 34
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/1/2012 1:40:36 PM   
laskercapa

quote:

The newsletters give us a great way to keep you up to date which is why we put coupons in them to encourage you to sign up. There is a lot going on and its easy to miss it even if you are away for a few days.

That's understood, and I'm not complaining. I'm just trying to offer feedback and positive suggestions from the perspective of a long-time customer.

If you put a notice on your website that says, "Heads up -- there's a coupon for Case Blue in the current issue of our newsletter. If you're not a subscriber, go here to sign up." customers are going to go there and sign up expecting to get that coupon. If they are not somehow given access to a coupon or sent the newsletter they were just encouraged to get, then you not only risk having some unhappy customers, but the sales campaign the coupon is part of will be much less effective than it might have been.

If you are not able to send the advertised newsletter/coupon out to new subscribers, then perhaps it would be best to word the notice differently, e.g. "Heads up -- there's a coupon for Case Blue in the current issue of our newsletter, which just went out. To be sure you don't miss great deals like this in the future, go here to sign up." Then the notice does not create an expectation of getting the current issue by signing up.

Again, I'm not griping. I have 30 other Matrix games, half of which I have done little more than install and open once, and all of which I intend to play, including DC:WtP. I will buy Case Blue when I have a bug to play IT instead of one of the others I already have. The coupon notice was an enticement that moved me to say, "what the heck, I'll get it now." So, if you were hoping by the coupon campaign and the newsletter announcement to increase interest in Case Blue, you can be satisfied that it worked on at least one customer. It didn't, however, result in a sale to that customer. I hope next time it will.

< Message edited by smvance -- 10/1/2012 1:46:58 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 35
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/1/2012 1:42:02 PM   
laskercapa

[deleted double post of above]

< Message edited by smvance -- 10/1/2012 1:45:48 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 36
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/1/2012 2:47:10 PM   
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

quote:

ORIGINAL: smvance

quote:

That's understood, and I'm not complaining. I'm just trying to offer feedback and positive suggestions from the perspective of a long-time customer.

If you put a notice on your website that says, "Heads up -- there's a coupon for Case Blue in the current issue of our newsletter. If you're not a subscriber, go here to sign up." customers are going to go there and sign up expecting to get that coupon. If they are not somehow given access to a coupon or sent the newsletter they were just encouraged to get, then you not only risk having some unhappy customers, but the sales campaign the coupon is part of will be much less effective than it might have been.

If you are not able to send the advertised newsletter/coupon out to new subscribers, then perhaps it would be best to word the notice differently, e.g. "Heads up -- there's a coupon for Case Blue in the current issue of our newsletter, which just went out. To be sure you don't miss great deals like this in the future, go here to sign up." Then the notice does not create an expectation of getting the current issue by signing up.

Again, I'm not griping. I have 30 other Matrix games, half of which I have done little more than install and open once, and all of which I intend to play, including DC:WtP. I will buy Case Blue when I have a bug to play IT instead of one of the others I already have. The coupon notice was an enticement that moved me to say, "what the heck, I'll get it now." So, if you were hoping by the coupon campaign and the newsletter announcement to increase interest in Case Blue, you can be satisfied that it worked on at least one customer. It didn't, however, result in a sale to that customer. I hope next time it will.

+ 1

Said everything I would have said.

(in reply to laskercapa)
Post #: 37
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/1/2012 3:17:57 PM   
Blond_Knight

I just bought Warsaw to Paris.

(in reply to SapperAstro_MatrixForum)
Post #: 38
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/1/2012 4:49:14 PM   
rickier65

I just tried to use my coupon code to buy this and during checkout I get the message that I must enter a valid coupon code. I'm using the code from the Matrix Newslettter, and I haven't sent it to anyone else yet, so it shouldn't have been used yet.

I'll send message to support as well, but thought I'd post here. I saw above where someone else had this problem, but assume that the code had already been used, but in this case, ,myh code hasn't been used yet.

I'll send note to support as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Blond_Knight)
Post #: 39
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/1/2012 5:51:19 PM   
IainMcNeil

Usually this means there is a leading or trailing space when you enter the code. If this isn't the issue please take a screenshot and send to the helpdesk to investigate.

We don't have a way to retrospectively send out coupons. Its an automated system and we'd basically have to manually send them out by hand which just isn't feasible. Telling people who are not subscribed to the newsletter to sign up to get a coupon feels unlikely to work as how do we communicate with them? Its also intended as a reward to our newsletter readers. We do it because it helps us sell games and gives you a reason to subscribe!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 40
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/1/2012 9:11:10 PM   
laskercapa

quote:

... Telling people who are not subscribed to the newsletter to sign up to get a coupon feels unlikely to work as how do we communicate with them?...

That was my point, and is what the "September Newsletter is Out" announcement appeared to me to do. It says:

"This month's newsletter contains a special deal!...<snip>... If you are subscribed to our newsletter, be sure to open it to get the coupon code to use at checkout! If you don't get our newsletters or can't view it, click here to read.

"Signing up for our newsletter is easy! To receive newsletters, follow this link here and enter in your email. Once you've done that, you're all set!"

That sounded to me, first, like I could click to read online and get the coupon code. When that proved not to be the case, I heeded the second line and signed up to get the newsletter, believing I'd be all set. But I wasn't because no newsletter arrived.

Anyway, I don't mean to belabor the point. I think you are not understanding what I was suggesting, and I am probably not expressing it accurately, so I'll drop it here. Thank you for responding, and good luck going forward!

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 41
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/2/2012 12:15:49 AM   
rickier65

quote:

Usually this means there is a leading or trailing space when you enter the code. If this isn't the issue please take a screenshot and send to the helpdesk to investigate.

I had already retyped it a few times. I opened a helpdesk ticket this morning, since it hasn't been acted on yet, I updated it with a screenshot of the message with the coupon code I'm using (I tried it again this afternoon). I also tried to give this ticket a high priority since it's time sensitive, but it doesn't appear to accept anything other than medium priority.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 42
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/2/2012 12:17:54 AM   
BAL

I received a code and have successfully purchased both games. Sadly, will be the weekend before I can dig in to the games.

FWIW, I just did a careful copy and paste of the code and it worked fine at the store.

I'll try being nicer if you try being less stupid. - anon

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 43
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/2/2012 2:05:09 PM   
IainMcNeil

We had to resend the newsletter because of this coupon glitch. We took the opportunity to add in anyone who had just subscribed... :)

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to BAL)
Post #: 44
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/2/2012 2:28:53 PM   
Keunert

now that's a good marketing move!

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 45
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/2/2012 2:43:09 PM   
The Red Baron

Anyone still have a coupon code available? I would like to purchase a second of this game for my laptop. I really love this game and am definitely addicted!

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 46
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/2/2012 2:47:28 PM   
Bonners

Excellent, just checked and I've got it (new subscriber) am now off to purchase the Warsaw to Paris game as I'm loving Case Blue. Also excellent customer service as I have to admit I didnt know about the newsletter (I miss as many obvious things on the website as I do on the battlefield!) so I'm sure you'll have a few happy punters who will now try the games.

(in reply to The Red Baron)
Post #: 47
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/2/2012 3:54:41 PM   
stonestriker

@The Red Baron: Check your PMs for a coupon code

(in reply to Bonners)
Post #: 48
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/2/2012 4:13:06 PM   
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Much appreciated. Looks like I will be making a purchase after all.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 49
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/2/2012 5:38:07 PM   
The Red Baron

Coupon code received. Thanks guys.

(in reply to SapperAstro_MatrixForum)
Post #: 50
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/2/2012 11:08:04 PM   
rickier65

quote:

We had to resend the newsletter because of this coupon glitch. We took the opportunity to add in anyone who had just subscribed... :)

Thanks! Got the updated Newsletter and purchased DC this morning -- and this time the coupon worked.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 51
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/3/2012 12:43:03 AM   
AKCLIMBER

Received the fixed code. Purchased both DC WtP and CB. Thanks - the sale made it a no-brainer. Looking forward to putting WITE to bed for a while and trying something new.

Cheers!

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 52
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/3/2012 1:25:42 AM   
nasd55

Hi guys, i have been thinking about buying this game but things are a bit hard right now and this coupon would really make a difference, so if anyone still has one, it would make me a very happy camper (especially because i have to days of work and an hollyday, eheheheh).

Thank you.

Nuno

(in reply to laskercapa)
Post #: 53
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/3/2012 3:43:29 AM   
LiquidSky

Coupon sent to Nasd55

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

(in reply to nasd55)
Post #: 54
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/3/2012 9:55:25 AM   
Bonners

Just tried to order the Warsaw to Paris game, apparently I am 'under review' from Plimus whatever that means

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 55
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/3/2012 10:31:39 AM   
Keunert

maybe you get 4 out of five Plimus Stars, one star missing because of your low replay value.

(in reply to Bonners)
Post #: 56
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/3/2012 10:35:36 AM   
Bonners

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keunert

maybe you get 4 out of five Plimus Stars, one star missing because of your low replay value.

It has come through now, dunno what happened, maybe they thought I was some sort of super criminal! Right, now how to make time to play WtP and CB

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 57
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/3/2012 4:17:48 PM   
Igbe

I would like a coupon if anyone still has one.

(in reply to laskercapa)
Post #: 58
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/3/2012 5:39:45 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igbe

I would like a coupon if anyone still has one.

Check your PM for code.

Rick

(in reply to Igbe)
Post #: 59
RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale - 10/4/2012 12:33:57 PM   
Canuck_jp

I've got a couple of codes. If I get more than two responses then I'll give preference to those with more posts (or who aren't jerks :) )

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> RE: Decisive Campaigns Case Blue Sale Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI