Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/10/2012 7:35:42 AM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Just purchased on DVD one of the best series the BBC ever did; Seven Wonders of the Industrial World. This seven part series was shown back in 2003 or 4 and was incredibly interesting. The genius was in telling the stories - always a mix of triumph and tragedy - in a way that the ordinary layman i.e. numptys like me, can understand. The episodes covered the building of :

The Brooklyn Bridge
Bell Rock Lighthouse
Hoover Dam
The Panama Canal
The London Sewerage system
The Great Eastern
The Transcontinental Railway

Sounds interesting and I am going to try to see this as well.

Did they tell in the series on how they decided which of the 'projects' to include? I feel that there are candidates that could have been included but was not. It would be nice if they included an explanation to the selection process. Anyway. I didn't intend to sound negative. Thank you for the tip.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 391
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/10/2012 7:39:51 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Just purchased on DVD one of the best series the BBC ever did; Seven Wonders of the Industrial World. This seven part series was shown back in 2003 or 4 and was incredibly interesting. The genius was in telling the stories - always a mix of triumph and tragedy - in a way that the ordinary layman i.e. numptys like me, can understand. The episodes covered the building of :

The Brooklyn Bridge
Bell Rock Lighthouse
Hoover Dam
The Panama Canal
The Great Eastern

Did they tell in the series on how they decided which of the 'projects' to include? I feel that there are candidates that could have been included but was not. It would be nice if they included an explanation to the selection process. Anyway. I didn't intend to sound negative. Thank you for the tip.
warspite1

I'm not sure - maybe it was just first of their kind type stuff and/or the quality of story that goes with each. Did you know that when they scrapped the Great Eastern, they found the bodies of two workers in the hull?!?!

For me the Bell Rock was the best episode. How the hell did pre-Victorians build a lighthouse AT SEA!!! Brilliant

Edit for spelling

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 11/10/2012 12:38:21 PM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 392
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/10/2012 7:45:37 AM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

The Brooklyn Bridge
Bell Rock Lighthouse
Hoover Dam
The Panama Canal
The Great Eastern

warspite1

I'm not sure - maybe it was just first of their kind type stuff and/or the quality of story that goes with each. Did you know that when they scrapped the Great Eastern, they found the boies of two workers in the hull?!?!

For me the Bell Rock was the best episode. How the hell did pre-Victorians build a lighthouse AT SEA!!! Brilliant

I hads no idea about the bodies. Sounds like a great story for a TV-show.

Whan I saw the list I didn't know about Bell Rock so I looked it up and seeing a picture on the lighthouse I know I want to watch that episode.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 393
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/10/2012 11:14:58 AM   
redcoat

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

NAZI UFO'S!!! I BELIEVE IT! I DO BELIEVE IT MR VINCENT!

Third Reich - Operation UFO (Nazi Base In Antarctica) Complete Documentary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwUpPwyyvLw

If it's from Russian TV it must be true!

In Putin's Russja, TV watches you.

“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 394
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/10/2012 1:40:51 PM   
fodder

The morning movie is: "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers" on DVD.

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 395
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/10/2012 2:13:56 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: fodder

The morning movie is: "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers" on DVD.

Love Earth vs. the Flying Saucers.

Currently watching season 7 of the UK version of Shameless.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 396
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/10/2012 6:40:03 PM   
DampSquib

QI Last years series.

DVD box set of Spaced as well.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 397
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/12/2012 7:41:19 PM   
fodder

There's a "World at War" marthon running on the military channel right now. It started at noon and runs till three AM.

(in reply to DampSquib)
Post #: 398
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/13/2012 2:18:22 PM   
Max 86

Rewatching HBO's ROME miniseries. What a great show that was. Titus Pullo was a great character, a scoundrel with a tad of decency in him. Loved Vorennus' wife Niobe played by Indira Varma. She is just gorgeous.

No problem Chief!

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 399
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/14/2012 5:57:37 PM   
fodder

TV sux so the afternoon movie is: 'The War Wagon" on DVD.

(in reply to Max 86)
Post #: 400
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/16/2012 9:04:53 AM   
fodder

and the middle of the night movie is "ERIK THE VIKING" the directors son's cut on DVD.

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 401
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/17/2012 1:17:56 PM   
fodder

The morning movie is "Kingdom of Heaven". Staring Eva Green, but I'm still not going to vote for her over Izabella.

< Message edited by fodder -- 11/17/2012 1:18:42 PM >

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 402
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/18/2012 3:56:13 AM   
fodder

The evening movie is "Good Will Hunting" and for future reference all movies are on DVD unless otherwise noted.

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 403
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/18/2012 3:59:38 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Just finished watching "The Longest Day".  I noticed that the majority of the American troops were firing either Thompson's or Carbines-Not a bad movie but that does bother me.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 404
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/19/2012 12:11:16 PM   
fodder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Just finished watching "The Longest Day".  I noticed that the majority of the American troops were firing either Thompson's or Carbines-Not a bad movie but that does bother me.

For a look see, the morning movie was "The Longest Day". I saw only one M-1 garand fire (once) and one BAR fire (once). I don't think it's anything to get bothered about. It's only a movie and blanks for the M-1 carbines and tompsons probably cost less.

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 405
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/20/2012 9:40:11 AM   
fodder

The early morning movie is "Across the Pacific". A deceiving title if there ever was one.

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 406
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/22/2012 1:40:33 PM   
fodder

It's Thanksgiving day here in the old USA, so naturally the morning movie is:

"ALICE'S RESTAURANT"

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 407
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/28/2012 2:44:44 PM   
fodder

The morning movie is "Crash Dive".

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 408
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/29/2012 4:48:50 AM   
SLAAKMAN

SCTV - Dr. Tongue's Evil House of Pancakes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m2gl51J6lo

SCTV - Dr Tongue's 3D House of Slavechicks (in Smell -O- Rama)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CycgQmeWFeE

Attachment (1)

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 409
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/30/2012 10:28:07 PM   
Mad Cow

At the moment I am watching Law & Order.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 410
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/30/2012 10:47:12 PM   
parusski

Monk marathon, courtesy of Netflix.

Just before that I watched series 8 of Shameless, UK version.

< Message edited by parusski -- 11/30/2012 10:50:16 PM >

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Mad Cow)
Post #: 411
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/30/2012 11:06:10 PM   
VPaulus

I'm re-watching BSG (Battlestar Galatica) for the third time.
Hopefully, I'll have watched them all before the début of the new spin-off, "Blood & Chrome".

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 412
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/1/2012 12:32:18 AM   
SLAAKMAN

Mad Cow
quote:

At the moment I am watching Law & Order.

I thought you were dancing to Richard Simmons?

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 413
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/1/2012 10:06:32 AM   
fodder

Now playing in DVD player number three is "Stargate". Also loaded into DVD player number one is Stargate SG-1 season one. During the week I happend to find Stargate SG-1 seasons nine and ten at really good prices, ($6.99 each) so I picked them up to complete my set. House rule on TV seasons is, if you buy a new season or movie of a series you already have part of is, you must watch all preceeding movies or seasons before you can watch the new season or movie. I will be watching Stargate SG-1 for awhile. As I got both seasons nine and ten at the same time I only have to watch seasons one to eight once. Then I can watch season nine and ten, sometime next year.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 414
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/3/2012 2:59:44 AM   
fodder

It's Sunday, like you didn't know that. This time of year in the good old U.S.A. Sunday is pro-football day. (American football, not that rest of the world soccer crap) Anyway the night game is on. Well, it's currently not on, it's half time. To fill you in on what has happened so far, Philly is making Dallas look silly, 17 to 10 at the half.

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 415
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/3/2012 5:52:56 AM   
Chickenboy

And then the Cowboys put their boots on the throat of the birds! How about them Cowboys!

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 416
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/3/2012 10:21:22 AM   
fodder

Yeah, I saw something, more like the birds laid an egg. I'm still happy, I bet on Philly! As I'm sure you know Dallas was giving 7.5, but WOW! The boys with the star are now 500! Whoopdie Do!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 417
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/3/2012 8:17:20 PM   
radic202

The Story of Mankind! Awesome!!

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 418
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/3/2012 8:34:08 PM   
wodin

Watched the mod season finale of The Walking Dead season 3 today....this has to be the best TV programme in years...love it..Feb is so far away...

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 419
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/3/2012 11:15:53 PM   
redcoat

wodin, where have you been watching season three? I haven't seen the Walking Dead since season 2 ended on Channel 5. Great series.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI