Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Excellent Game series

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Excellent Game series Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Excellent Game series - 1/17/2013 1:50:10 PM   
Bradd

Just picked up the discounted version of the Polish/France campaign and it is really great game. I already have the Case Blue and I think the Cards really make the decision making interesting. Keep up the good work! I have been playing war games since the 70's and this is one of the best ones I have ever played. (board or computer). Outstanding job VIC!
Post #: 1
RE: Excellent Game series - 1/17/2013 8:11:15 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bradd

Just picked up the discounted version of the Polish/France campaign and it is really great game. I already have the Case Blue and I think the Cards really make the decision making interesting. Keep up the good work! I have been playing war games since the 70's and this is one of the best ones I have ever played. (board or computer). Outstanding job VIC!

I agree that this is one of the best games around. Glad you are enjoying it.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Bradd)
Post #: 2
RE: Excellent Game series - 2/19/2013 11:52:28 AM   
currycook

Just bought the game a few days ago and want to give a positive first impression also. Very pleased. I use to play hex based games growing up, but it has been forever since I actually bought one. This really is an excellent game for those like me that may want to take another look at one. Well done.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 3
RE: Excellent Game series - 2/24/2013 11:04:03 PM   
Bradd

Yep, That is what I learned too. Panzer Blitz. Panzer Leader. Squad Leader, Advanced Squad Leader. Wow! Squad leader was a like book with the big orange binder. That is why I like computer games. They do the calculations :)

But I really enjoy both DC games. For me the Cards make the games exciting and I like the supply and leadership aspect. I think the game models both systems very well. Nothing like playing the airborne card to seize an important bridge.

I look forward to the next installment. Brad
Post #: 4
RE: Excellent Game series - 2/24/2013 11:05:32 PM   
Bradd

And I stick by what I had posted earlier. This is one of the best if not the best game (Computer or Board game) I have EVER played.

(in reply to Bradd)
Post #: 5
RE: Excellent Game series - 2/25/2013 6:56:27 PM   
Redmarkus5

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bradd

Yep, That is what I learned too. Panzer Blitz. Panzer Leader. Squad Leader, Advanced Squad Leader. Wow! Squad leader was a like book with the big orange binder. That is why I like computer games. They do the calculations :)

But I really enjoy both DC games. For me the Cards make the games exciting and I like the supply and leadership aspect. I think the game models both systems very well. Nothing like playing the airborne card to seize an important bridge.

I look forward to the next installment. Brad

I still have the boxed game and the orange binder :) Every couple of years nostalgia gets the better of me and I take it out to set it up on my table, then I look over at my PC and box the game up again LOL

WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

(in reply to Bradd)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Excellent Game series Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI