Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two small suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Pride of Nations >> Two small suggestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two small suggestions - 4/19/2013 6:48:28 PM   
RJinVA_slith

First, I want to express my appreciation to Slitherine/Matrix/Ageod for continuing to develop this game. I purchased it shortly after its release and I still believe it has incredible potential (though not fully realized as yet). I hope the new business and cost baseline by Slitherine will permit the continued development this game merits.

I'd like to make two small suggestions for your consideration. (A third comment/suggestion, about turn speed, has already been thoroughly addressed elsewhere, so I won't go into it here).

My first suggestion is to make it possible to hide the GUI. There are times when I simply want to look at the map, and no matter what I do, the GUI is there, feeling like it's in the way. Perhaps this is a small thing, but to my own surprise it does affect my desire to launch the game. I think being able to simply hide/show the GUI (or at least portions of it) would help a lot. I find I would like to do this with all my AGEOD titles, by the way. There are times when I want only the GUI (so then I actually want it bigger than normal) and times when I only want the Map, and then times when I cycle between the two. Right now I can't find a happy medium, so anything that improves this will help. I often resort to Windows Magnifier to help, but this becomes tedious after a while.

My second suggestion is to make the tooltips adjustable, both in size and in content. Right now they throw the kitchen sink at you, but if you had the option of selecting both their content and their size, making them bigger or smaller, it would help my tired old eyes, and increase my desire to play. This would be a content adjustment separate from that related to the various Map Modes.

So, these changes would provide the player with the ability to only use tooltips on a full scale map, to find the info sought at the moment, then easily shift gears when the needs change.

I have no idea if these are practical to do, and I'm probably not a big enough market for you to really make such adjustments for, but I thank you for your consideration, and wish you the best of luck in the future for this very interesting game!

Sincerely,

RJinVA

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Pride of Nations >> Two small suggestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI