Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ability to create new races/ships?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Ability to create new races/ships? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ability to create new races/ships? - 1/6/2003 11:27:47 PM   
Anxiety

Bought this gem in EBGames a week ago and cannot stop playing it! Didn't know it existed before until I saw it in the store. Very much enjoy everything about this game!

I noticed that the box stated as a feature the ability to create your own race / new starships. I don't see this option anywhere - is this a misprint?

-Anxiety
Post #: 1
Response... - 1/7/2003 11:32:50 AM   
Erik Rutins

Those features refer to the fact that you can choose your race's name, appearance, advantages and ship style. In addition, you can design your own ships as far as what systems they have when built and you can upgrade and change those systems as you play.

Finally, the game will accept new starship graphics if you want to create a mod, though I would suggest reading further down in this forum for some suggestions as it's not a simple process. Modding some of the non-3D graphics is much easier, IIRC.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Anxiety)
Post #: 2
- 1/7/2003 10:16:54 PM   
Anxiety

Thanks, Erik, that clears it up quite nicely. Very, very happy with discovering this title at EBGames recently. Probably the most fun I have had on a $39 game purchase in years!

-Anx

(in reply to Anxiety)
Post #: 3
- 1/7/2003 11:57:56 PM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

Look in the Data subfolder of the game and you'll find a zip file. In the file is all you need to begin modding. See the readme.txt file there.

Developer of Starships Unlimited

(in reply to Anxiety)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Ability to create new races/ships? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI