Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

red army auto rail repair at Krim paninsula.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> red army auto rail repair at Krim paninsula. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
red army auto rail repair at Krim paninsula. - 7/31/2013 2:21:25 AM   
bigbaba

hi all,

i am in early 42 in one of my games as russian player and have 2 fronts and 3 armies with those soviet RR repair units at or near crim paninsula but they siomply do not wanrt to get active and repair the RR. i also have some RR repair units at stavka but they also refuse to repair the vital RR.

am i missing something here? how can i get the RR fixed before the blizzard ends?

< Message edited by bigbaba -- 7/31/2013 2:36:45 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: red army auto rail repair at Krim paninsula. - 7/31/2013 8:21:41 AM   
cpt flam

i think that you can't
same thing as germany would not be allowed to repair from Finland
I only saw rail repair from rail connected to east (not from port)

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 2
RE: red army auto rail repair at Krim paninsula. - 7/31/2013 8:37:15 AM   
morvael

Yes, I had the same problem in my game. Wanted to report this as a bug, but later found it in the manual. The only "full green" dot hexes on Crimea you will have will be the ports once at least over 1 capacity. From those points all supply must be done via trucks so it's not advisable to advance from Crimea with large forces further north. You can repair rail manually using NKPS units but the dots will be "small white on green" dots, waiting to be connected to main source of supply on the land. As if the Soviets couldn't ship some locomotives and cars from Taman.

(in reply to cpt flam)
Post #: 3
RE: red army auto rail repair at Krim paninsula. - 7/31/2013 8:42:20 AM   
morvael

quote:

A rail network consists of a contiguous path of friendly controlled undamaged rail line hexes connected to a permanent supply source.

and
quote:

Except for tracing supplies over the Lake Ladoga zone, a port hex that borders a sea zone that allows strategic naval transport (i.e Baltic/Black Sea/See of Azov/Caspian Sea) that has at least one friendly port connected to the supply grid via rail will be considered connected to the supply grid. However, only the port hex is connected. Tracing from this port hex for supply purposes to a hex or unit can be done along friendly controlled, undamaged rail hexes (even though these rail hexes are considered not on the grid), if not leaving an enemy ZOC, without increasing the hexes from the rail. The MP cost will be increased by 1 for each such hex traced. If the hex traced to is next to an enemy unit 1 will be added to both the hex count and the MP count. This represents limited use of rails in these circumstances and better communications lines/roads along rails, thus allowing supply (although somewhat less than normal) via ports connected via these major waterways.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 4
RE: red army auto rail repair at Krim paninsula. - 7/31/2013 10:50:04 AM   
bigbaba

damnd. i guess that means i have to retreat from Krim paninsula in spring 42. dangerous to hold the area without stable and sufficient supply and also a further hit to the motor pool by transfering all the supply wia trucks.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 5
RE: red army auto rail repair at Krim paninsula. - 7/31/2013 10:57:07 AM   
Anauso72

Necesitas conexion directa con la linea ferrea. Es posible q estes cortado en Krimea. Los trenes no cruzan mares.

You need direct conection with train line. Is possible you are cut in Krimea. Trains not cross the sea.

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 6
RE: red army auto rail repair at Krim paninsula. - 7/31/2013 11:09:47 AM   
morvael

I held Kerch for the entire campaign (in the worst moment it was only the city, then for the entire '42 I held the Kerch peninsula and in '43 I was able to retake entire Crimea with 2 armies and (later) an Airborne Corps. Of course this costed me some trucks, but not that much. Going further than Crimea would be folly though.

(in reply to Anauso72)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> red army auto rail repair at Krim paninsula. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI