Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  701 702 [703] 704 705   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 2:02:55 PM   
nashvillen

INP!!!!

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 21061
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 2:13:02 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

INP!!!!

Little children...

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 21062
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 2:28:37 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Symon

Ok, the ring. Well, little Matt had his own ring, all good to go. He slips me the ring box and winks. Oh, yeah, I wink back. I take a few more pictures and go “Oh! Pooh! Whoops! wait just a sec, I need to grab some batteries. They’re right there in the car. Two shakes.” So I pulled free and did the switch. Damn, I was good.

Nobody knew what was coming. Christine might have guessed that Matt would propose (she’s blonde, but she’s not stupid), but neither of them had a clue how it would go down. Ohhh, Uncle John is pumping his fist going Yes! Yes! Yes! The looks on their faces were priceless. I had as many tears in my eyes as they had in theirs.

Magnificent!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 21063
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 2:30:00 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

Hey Steve-o, how's the move going?

We closed out our (empty) Nebraska home yesterday. The new one in Illinois becomes ours on August 5. In a hotel in Bellevue (Nebraska), Monday I go to a hotel in Belleville (Illinois). So I'm homeless, all my stuff is either in storage or in a moving truck , and I'm surviving on hotel WiFi. Ask me again in a couple of weeks. And the next summit will be at Scott AFB.

Glad to hear that the close out of the Nebraska place went OK. Actually, you didn't say it went OK, just that it was done. Did it go OK?

So, since you're stuck with WiFi until August 5 (at least), you should be able to flip the next turn, right?

Lastly, where exactly is Scott AFB?

It went well enough. Scott AFB is 15-20 minutes east of St. Louis.

Glad to hear it went well enough, Steve. We're right on your heels.... closed on selling our house yesterday.

Mike

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 21064
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 2:38:17 PM   
USSAmerica

Good morning - Tithe.

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 21065
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 2:42:50 PM   
USSAmerica

Long 4 days of moving out are complete. The movers were fantastic, and we will absolutely be using them again when it's time to move into the new house. Our stuff is crammed into 3 big storage areas and we're in a temporary apartment for a few weeks, with no internet access. Closed on the sale of our old house yesterday and got all the insurance and utility stuff done. Rented a PO Box and have set our mail to be forwarded there while we're in the apartment. The last thing I want to do is change my address for everything twice in one month. We would never see a piece of mail ever again.

Summary: We have no real home or real address. We're living the nomad lifestyle and loving it. Still waiting for the appraisal to be completed on the new house, then will jump on the inspections. If all goes well, we are scheduled to close on the purchase on August 23rd. If all goes really well, we might be able to move it up a week to the 16th.

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 21066
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 3:11:36 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus
I'll surrender when he wins auto-victory. Not a second before.

You still have some time, dude. Late Fall 1942 oughta be interesting. I'd look for him to consolidate his gains then if he's anywhere near the 4:1-running out the clock and all that.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21067
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 3:14:39 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Long 4 days of moving out are complete. The movers were fantastic, and we will absolutely be using them again when it's time to move into the new house. Our stuff is crammed into 3 big storage areas and we're in a temporary apartment for a few weeks, with no internet access. Closed on the sale of our old house yesterday and got all the insurance and utility stuff done. Rented a PO Box and have set our mail to be forwarded there while we're in the apartment. The last thing I want to do is change my address for everything twice in one month. We would never see a piece of mail ever again.

Summary: We have no real home or real address. We're living the nomad lifestyle and loving it. Still waiting for the appraisal to be completed on the new house, then will jump on the inspections. If all goes well, we are scheduled to close on the purchase on August 23rd. If all goes really well, we might be able to move it up a week to the 16th.

You're perfectly situated to lead a life of crime now, USS Mike. No permanent address, mailing contact only through a temporarily rented P.O. Box, no land line, internet access only at public hotspots. Keep us apprised of the heists or the pending wire fraud schemes, will ya?

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 21068
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 3:29:40 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Congrats and fingers crossed Mike!

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 21069
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 3:39:29 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

You're perfectly situated to lead a life of crime now, USS Mike. No permanent address, mailing contact only through a temporarily rented P.O. Box, no land line, internet access only at public hotspots. Keep us apprised of the heists or the pending wire fraud schemes, will ya?

Yeah, a buddy at work also pointed out that we're technically "off the grid" now.

Mike

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21070
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 3:40:01 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Congrats and fingers crossed Mike!

Leo "Apollo11"

Thanks, Leo.

Mike

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 21071
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 3:53:46 PM   
nashvillen

quote:

Sounds like everything is moving the right direction.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 21072
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 5:11:15 PM   
USSAmerica

Keeping our fingers crossed, Mike, but yeah things are finally falling into place.

Mike

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 21073
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 6:10:31 PM   
Dixie

quote:

Well, if you're going to land on Ceylon, late March-early April 1942 is a good time to do it. Did he get a foothold before the expiration of the amphibious landing? Where did he choose to make his main landing?

Does this mean my opponent has missed the bus? We're in late April '42 and Ceylon is still safely British.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21074
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 6:14:07 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

Well, if you're going to land on Ceylon, late March-early April 1942 is a good time to do it. Did he get a foothold before the expiration of the amphibious landing? Where did he choose to make his main landing?

Does this mean my opponent has missed the bus? We're in late April '42 and Ceylon is still safely British.

I thought you were playing the Japanese in your 2x2?

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 21075
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 6:36:53 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

I thought you were playing the Japanese in your 2x2?

I am. I also have a game against Goodboyladdie where I'm the Allies.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21076
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 7:40:33 PM   
Chickenboy

Well, realistically, a Ceylon invasion is still on the table after the expiration of the amphibious bonus on April 1. Selection of the initial landing site is more important then and the selection of the initial assault troops (and preparation?) for same is more important thereafter, but there's no reason that it couldn't happen. A (typically) undefended Koogol (sp?) or Jehol (sp?) could be easy enough for the Japs to obtain and start dumping troops onto the island. This could happen in March-July 1942 (IMO), global strategic circumstances and alternative goals notwithstanding, of course.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 21077
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/1/2013 1:09:21 AM   
Chickenboy

Interesting. All afternoon, the main forum site showed 'Dixie' as the latest poster on the THREAD even though my response has been up for a few hours.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21078
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/1/2013 9:42:27 AM   
Dixie

quote:

Well, realistically, a Ceylon invasion is still on the table after the expiration of the amphibious bonus on April 1. Selection of the initial landing site is more important then and the selection of the initial assault troops (and preparation?) for same is more important thereafter, but there's no reason that it couldn't happen. A (typically) undefended Koogol (sp?) or Jehol (sp?) could be easy enough for the Japs to obtain and start dumping troops onto the island. This could happen in March-July 1942 (IMO), global strategic circumstances and alternative goals notwithstanding, of course.

Thanks for the thoughts, it's similar to what I had thought. I don't think his goals lie in that area, but I'm prepared (as much as I can be) to fight for Ceylon.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21079
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/1/2013 10:20:01 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 21080
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/1/2013 12:35:16 PM   
fodder

Good Morning!

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 21081
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/1/2013 1:12:49 PM   
USSAmerica

Good morning - Tithe.

Mike

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 21082
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/1/2013 1:46:07 PM   
Chickenboy

Fair morrow, gents. Erm...tithe.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 21083
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/1/2013 1:51:23 PM   
nashvillen

Good Morning, gentlemen. Today, I take my daughter to get her driving learners permit. If you are in Murfreesboro, TN for the next six months or so, stay off the sidewalks!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21084
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/1/2013 2:02:23 PM   
Schanilec

quote:

Good Morning, gentlemen. Today, I take my daughter to get her driving learners permit. If you are in Murfreesboro, TN for the next six months or so, stay off the sidewalks!

Good Morning all.

I'm in Grand Forks and I don't feel safe. Maybe if I move to Churchill, Manitoba.

This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 21085
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/1/2013 3:34:54 PM   
Terminus

Tithe...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 21086
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/1/2013 3:41:23 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

quote:

Good Morning all.

I'm in Grand Forks and I don't feel safe. Maybe if I move to Churchill, Manitoba.

Been there. Not safe in any event in the late afternoons

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 21087
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/1/2013 3:55:11 PM   
nashvillen

Finishing up all the paperwork for the learner's permit.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 21088
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/1/2013 3:55:50 PM   
nashvillen

She still has to take the test after she gets done with a Stringed instrument camp this morning.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 21089
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/1/2013 3:56:11 PM   
nashvillen

So, taking advantage of the opportunity...

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 21090
Page:   <<   < prev  701 702 [703] 704 705   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  701 702 [703] 704 705   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI