Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 1.4.2 PATCH

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: 1.4.2 PATCH Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/17/2014 12:38:02 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

The bug whereby a refusal to accept a surrender cannot be actioned still exists. I am the Entente and have been asked whether or not to accept Austrian surrender. I say no - to no effect. I can only advance the turn if I say yes.

Aye, I've seen this, too.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 91
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/17/2014 7:33:17 PM   
Lecivius

OK, so I can read ( but not type, or play worth a darn)...Let me ask here.

"Ok, so it's obviously possible.  How do you get so far as the CP?  I played 2 times on easy, and the overwhelming attack ratios ( 4-8 dmg points per attck) plus the ability for the AI to attack, move, and repair all in the same turn just crushed me.  Tips are appreciated "

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 92
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/17/2014 8:13:24 PM   
operating

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Ok, so it's obviously possible. How do you get so far as the CP? I played 2 times on easy, and the overwhelming attack ratios ( 4-8 dmg points per attck) plus the ability for the AI to attack, move, and repair all in the same turn just crushed me. Tips are appreciated

quote:

I'm trying to create a seamless AAR to show you and others how to beat the Entente AI on balanced setting, but I am having a problem getting all the jpg SS into the same post. It's more end game stuff than the beginning.

Let's take this conversation over to the 1.4.2 patch thread, for there is some experimenting going on with this thread.
Thanks, Operating

My strategy has been to get Serbia to surrender first. (SssssH! Am playing an MP match right now, don't want to give away all my thinking right now). Which is easier to do in SP than MP. Bring 1 German east front gun and AH gun, plus German and AH fighters, to bear on Serbia. Build an AH airship or 2 for deep attacks, use combined arm attacks (minimum 2 infantry, but 3 or more would probably do it) on Belgrade. Use AH cruiser to punch away at Cattaro (whatever that coastal Serb fort is), keeps MP losses down from assaults. Prepare an AH/German static front for when Russia enters. Use German BB to bombard Antwerpt, before England enters, then just thrust as thoughtfully as you can into Belgium, with 2 infantry assaulting Brussels first turn with zeppelin. By turn 2 Brussels fall, by turn 4, maybe 5 Antwerpt, prevent English ships from supplying port city. Once that is done, the hard phase of the game begins. CP PP is the enemy from this point on. To me a player has to prioritize PP to what front you want to succeed, there is simply not enough PP to attack on 2 fronts for AH or Germany. Russia starts off with 64 PP per turn, France and England combined is somewhere around 70 to 80 PP per turn. Captured Belgium and Serb cities are a gold mine over time, so don't waste time getting them. There is gaps in what I have told you, that I am leaving to you to figure out. Good luck...

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 93
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/18/2014 7:50:04 AM   
warspite1

Here's a first. I am playing as the Entente and Italy enters the war....minus its fleet Neither the BB nor the cruiser appear on the map.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 3/18/2014 8:50:45 AM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 94
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/18/2014 9:47:19 AM   
operating

quote:

Here's a first. I am playing as the Entente and Italy enters the war....minus its fleet Neither the BB nor the cruiser appear on the map.

Have seen something like that before (different unit, Gibralter garrison). Look at your mini-map, see if it shows up there, and, or, click hex where BB should be to see if it shows up on the production queue. If it does, move it a hex or more, then it will appear.

<edit>
Hit disband or upgrade button, the units should "highlite", regardless if vizable.

< Message edited by operating -- 3/18/2014 12:08:58 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 95
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/18/2014 6:29:55 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

quote:

Have seen something like that before (different unit, Gibralter garrison). Look at your mini-map, see if it shows up there, and, or, click hex where BB should be to see if it shows up on the production queue. If it does, move it a hex or more, then it will appear.

<edit>
Hit disband or upgrade button, the units should "highlite", regardless if vizable.
warspite1

Yes I tried hitting the hex they should have appeared in - but no joy. Both units turned up on my opponents turn

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 96
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/18/2014 9:45:14 PM   
operating

quote:

quote:

quote:

<edit>
warspite1

Yes I tried hitting the hex they should have appeared in - but no joy. Both units turned up on my opponents turn

It's an ODD thing to happen, but if it happens at an inopportune time, that's where it could be a problem. To a new player, they might not even realize that something is wrong and miss a chance to make the best use of the unit(s).
By the way: Were you in MP or SP at the time?

< Message edited by operating -- 3/18/2014 10:46:44 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 97
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/18/2014 10:39:58 PM   
kirk23

Hey guys I might not be posting much,but I have been reading all the comments.

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 98
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/19/2014 5:35:41 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

<edit>
warspite1

It's an ODD thing to happen, but if it happens at an inopportune time, that's where it could be a problem. To a new player, they might not even realize that something is wrong and miss a chance to make the best use of the unit(s).
By the way: Were you in MP or SP at the time?
warspite1

MP - and yes it was inopportune - the AH battleship had sailed into the Med and the Italian BB was much needed

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 99
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/19/2014 11:10:41 AM   
suprass81

Hi guys. I wos out for some time but now I'm back for some action on the front :D

Did anybody has a same problem that in replay not all of actions are showed correct- I mean that sometimes replay don't show that my unit is destroyed. After I star my turn unit that in replay survived attck at one are two steps is gone so it means that my enemy killed it and program didn't show this...
This is in MP game...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 100
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/19/2014 2:34:51 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: suprass81

Hi guys. I wos out for some time but now I'm back for some action on the front :D

Did anybody has a same problem that in replay not all of actions are showed correct- I mean that sometimes replay don't show that my unit is destroyed. After I star my turn unit that in replay survived attck at one are two steps is gone so it means that my enemy killed it and program didn't show this...
This is in MP game...

Sometimes what I see during replay (both SP and MP): a unit of mine would get cut down in size (steps), to let's say a 3, but when activating my turn it will show the same unit a 2. It pisses me off, but can not quit the game because of it, just have to deal with it and move on. If there is an explanation for this, I'd like to hear it! (Kirk)

(in reply to suprass81)
Post #: 101
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/19/2014 3:51:59 PM   
suprass81

quote:

quote:

This is in MP game...

Sometimes what I see during replay (both SP and MP): a unit of mine would get cut down in size (steps), to let's say a 3, but when activating my turn it will show the same unit a 2. It pisses me off, but can not quit the game because of it, just have to deal with it and move on. If there is an explanation for this, I'd like to hear it! (Kirk)

It happen to me a lot of times. MP just crashed during enemy attack on my infantry unit (destroying it- and when I lounched game again same fight finnihed with my infantry alive with 4 steps... and game crashed again- strange. It looks very unstabel after the patch.

I've got my problems and thouse which operating wrote allmoust each turn replay...

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 102
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/19/2014 3:56:48 PM   
suprass81

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is in MP game...

It happen to me a lot of times. MP just crashed during enemy attack on my infantry unit (destroying it- and when I lounched game again same fight finnihed with my infantry alive with 4 steps... and game crashed again- strange. It looks very unstabel after the patch.

I've got my problems and thouse which operating wrote allmoust each turn replay...

... and again- just tryied to lounch the game third time and this fight ends with different result than in replay- replay said 3 steps and after it finnished there is 1 step... :/

(in reply to suprass81)
Post #: 103
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/19/2014 6:04:46 PM   
operating

What turn are you in? and is your opponent experiencing the same results (odd replays)(CTD)?

CTD: Crashed To Desktop --------You drive me crazy with "crushed"! Whoops! sorry that of been in a pm..

< Message edited by operating -- 3/19/2014 7:08:54 PM >

(in reply to suprass81)
Post #: 104
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/19/2014 6:17:09 PM   
suprass81

About CTD- I will ask my opponent next time I will make my turn.
About turn- It's the 18th turn (is this matter?)

about "crush"- sorry for my English :D

< Message edited by suprass81 -- 3/20/2014 6:24:04 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 105
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/19/2014 6:59:48 PM   
operating

quote:

Anout CTD- I will ask my opponent next time I will make my turn.
About turn- It's the 18th turn (is this matter?)

about "crush"- sorry for my English :D

In past versions (patches), I had difficulty getting beyond a certain turn, (let's turn 15) without getting CTD, some times it did not happen at all, or did a different unit move, made the game work. I'm at turn 13 in a MP match now, so if at 18 it starts to CTD, then there would be something we have in common. Have not had a CTD yet with 1.4.2, in either SP MP. Take that back: it will CTD if using zeppelins to attack ships in port (SP).

(in reply to suprass81)
Post #: 106
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/20/2014 5:26:21 AM   
suprass81

So... My enemy (AVA) has same problems and it looks like he have it a lot. It's a big problem (previous patch was far more stable). Is there anyone who can say if there is a chance to fix this in nearest future?

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 107
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/22/2014 5:26:24 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Hey guys I might not be posting much,but I have been reading all the comments.

IMO Izzet Pasha 70 kills setting seems a bit high, especially where Turkey's PP has been lowered and with less infantry to start from prior versions. Again a choke on commanders, where other commanders in the deck that qualify for deployment are restricted (delayed unnecessarily). Secondly: A player cannot judge what these commanders (both sides in the deck) require, to enable them to deploy.

Yes, their were those who felt Turkey had too many PP, but nobody (posted) had an issue with their commanders' availability (with the exception, that they did not show up for several months later than they should have), or the size (OOB) of their army in prior patches.

"No show" commanders has been a problem and the problem with the game.

The only strategic difference, concerning Turkey, between 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 should have only been lower PP for Turkey.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 108
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/23/2014 8:18:53 PM   
kirk23

For 1.50 patch I want to fix all the commanders in the game,as per my huge mod,for me there is much too much activation restriction for them,this should not be the case.

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 109
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/24/2014 1:30:03 AM   
operating

quote:

For 1.50 patch I want to fix all the commanders in the game,as per my huge mod,for me there is much too much activation restriction for them,this should not be the case.

Do you want me to keep sticking the needle in different sore spots about the game?

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 110
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/24/2014 4:23:06 AM   
amtrick

quote:

"Ok, so it's obviously possible.  How do you get so far as the CP?  I played 2 times on easy, and the overwhelming attack ratios ( 4-8 dmg points per attck) plus the ability for the AI to attack, move, and repair all in the same turn just crushed me.  Tips are appreciated "

How to win with CP? I agree that knocking Serbia out of the war is a priority. It also must be done before the Italians show up. The considerable forces that AH will need to defeat Serbia will need to be split between the Italians and the Russian front afterwards. But I’m getting ahead of myself. I’m going to split this commentary in two, so the posts won’t be as long and people may be able to comment more easily.

The Land War. In your opening moves, bypass the Serbian defenses in the western mountains. Your best bet is to put a holding force there and swing everything else around to Belgrade and east of Belgrade. Concentrate on taking Belgrade early, as it puts a major crimp in Serbian PP. Early in the game entrenchment is not very effective (it makes a bigger difference as entrenchment techs come on line), so move your artillery down and pound away at Belgrade with a couple of infantry corps and don’t be afraid to attack when you can get a couple of corps on a garrison in the open. AH doesn’t incur maintenance costs until sometime later in the game, so build up your infantry and artillery shell production quickly.

While taking out Serbia is Job 1, you can’t ignore the Russians. A good chunk of early unit production by both AH and Germany needs to be sent east, or the Russians will simply overwhelm you. The Russians tend to want to make Prussia their first offensive focus, and having an AH force of several infantry units suddenly driving for Brest-Litovsk will relieve pressure on Koenigsberg/Danzig. As the CP, holding Koenigsberg is important from a PP stand point.

On the Western Front, sweep through Belgium. Be aggressive and take risks with moving units forward. Later in the game they may be candidates for isolation, but at first the French simply don’t have enough units to do this. Taking Antwerp is very important, since it extends the operational range of your subs. In fact, a focus on all the Channel ports is important, since each one you take further extends your naval operational range and denies GB a place to efficiently land troops.

After the first few moves, both the Eastern and Western Fronts will stabilize a bit. Just as the Russian AI wants to attack into Prussia early, the French may very well stage an offensive into Alsace/Lorraine, but you should be able to blunt it easily enough. Now you need to decide strategically …. East or West? I tend to go West, but the “correct” answer could easily be the other direction. Whatever you decide, the basic tactical formula of 2 – 3 larger units attacking a smaller one with at least 1 and preferably 2 artillery units supporting them will allow you to erode the Entente lines and eventually achieve some kind of breakthrough. As the game goes on, artillery becomes more critical in achieving any success on the ground, so find a way to build up your shell production. Eventually you’ll need 3-4 arty units that you move from place to place to have success against the AI. And remember that your battleships can deal out some significant damage to enemy units in coastal hexes.

When Turkey enters the war, they can tie up some Russian units in the Caucus and British units in the Suez, but don’t expect a lot of offensive fireworks, at least until you can get them some artillery. Bulgarian entry seems too hard to get a lot of the time, but if it happens they can be useful addition against the Russians (usually through Romania) or on the Italian front.

Early in the game, dirigibles actually provide better air support than fixed-wing aircraft, chipping away at ground units prior to your attack on them and are very good for attacking and damaging enemy artillery units.

The Sea War. At least early in the game your South Atlantic convoys have very little chance of getting through to your North Sea ports. The Norwegian convoys can sometimes slip through, but your best bet is to try to get the Swedish convoys into a Baltic port. You can get naval superiority over the Russians, although they have the luxury of operating against your convoys from their “home port” hexes. Just move your Grand Fleet into the Baltic and bang away at them when they leave port. Since you can calculate where the Swedish convoys will go (they all use the same route if it isn’t blocked), place a strong surface force around where they will end up on their first move. This means your escorts are already in place when the Russian/Entente subs come to ambush the merchantmen … and you can blast those subs out of the water. Your dirigibles deployed to the north can also get a few licks in on the subs, too. The Swedish convoys are only 30 PP (not like the massive 100 PP the Entente gets!), but they can be critical to getting a victory.

In the Atlantic, it is subs, subs, subs. Since the AI convoy mentality is pretty meager, I found that 7 subs in the Atlantic can pretty well choke the merchant and troop convoys off. I use 3 in the North Atlantic and 3 off the southern entrance to English Channel. Deploy 2 forward about 8 hexes apart and one behind them, placed midway between them and about 5 hexes to the rear. The 7th goes in between the two hunting groups. This way you link up a wall of visibility around the western and southern approaches. Your hunting packs will usually be able to all attack a convoy on one turn, and three sub attacks just about guarantees a complete annihilation of a convoy. Your 7th sub a basically playing a free safety, going to wherever the action is the hottest. As you pick up Channel ports, extend your wall of visibility west and south. The AI simply doesn’t like to send surface ships too far from its port hexes (unless it spots a surface ship roaming around), so you can catch merchantmen with absolutely no protection. One or two subs in the Med are fine to catch the convoys coming through the Suez, although all of those have to run the South Atlantic gauntlet, anyway.

There, that’s enough. And I would welcome different opinions on how to get a CP victory. I could use the help in my next game.

RickD

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 111
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/24/2014 9:05:56 AM   
kirk23

quote:

quote:

Do you want me to keep sticking the needle in different sore spots about the game?

Yip keep sticking the needle in all the sore points,it needs to be highlighted as a problem,then we can work on a fix,and hopefully when no one reports any more problems,then we can say the game is bug free.

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 112
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/24/2014 9:13:27 AM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: amtrick

quote:

How to win with CP? I agree that knocking Serbia out of the war is a priority. It also must be done before the Italians show up. The considerable forces that AH will need to defeat Serbia will need to be split between the Italians and the Russian front afterwards. But I’m getting ahead of myself. I’m going to split this commentary in two, so the posts won’t be as long and people may be able to comment more easily.

The Land War. In your opening moves, bypass the Serbian defenses in the western mountains. Your best bet is to put a holding force there and swing everything else around to Belgrade and east of Belgrade. Concentrate on taking Belgrade early, as it puts a major crimp in Serbian PP. Early in the game entrenchment is not very effective (it makes a bigger difference as entrenchment techs come on line), so move your artillery down and pound away at Belgrade with a couple of infantry corps and don’t be afraid to attack when you can get a couple of corps on a garrison in the open. AH doesn’t incur maintenance costs until sometime later in the game, so build up your infantry and artillery shell production quickly.

While taking out Serbia is Job 1, you can’t ignore the Russians. A good chunk of early unit production by both AH and Germany needs to be sent east, or the Russians will simply overwhelm you. The Russians tend to want to make Prussia their first offensive focus, and having an AH force of several infantry units suddenly driving for Brest-Litovsk will relieve pressure on Koenigsberg/Danzig. As the CP, holding Koenigsberg is important from a PP stand point.

On the Western Front, sweep through Belgium. Be aggressive and take risks with moving units forward. Later in the game they may be candidates for isolation, but at first the French simply don’t have enough units to do this. Taking Antwerp is very important, since it extends the operational range of your subs. In fact, a focus on all the Channel ports is important, since each one you take further extends your naval operational range and denies GB a place to efficiently land troops.

After the first few moves, both the Eastern and Western Fronts will stabilize a bit. Just as the Russian AI wants to attack into Prussia early, the French may very well stage an offensive into Alsace/Lorraine, but you should be able to blunt it easily enough. Now you need to decide strategically …. East or West? I tend to go West, but the “correct” answer could easily be the other direction. Whatever you decide, the basic tactical formula of 2 – 3 larger units attacking a smaller one with at least 1 and preferably 2 artillery units supporting them will allow you to erode the Entente lines and eventually achieve some kind of breakthrough. As the game goes on, artillery becomes more critical in achieving any success on the ground, so find a way to build up your shell production. Eventually you’ll need 3-4 arty units that you move from place to place to have success against the AI. And remember that your battleships can deal out some significant damage to enemy units in coastal hexes.

When Turkey enters the war, they can tie up some Russian units in the Caucus and British units in the Suez, but don’t expect a lot of offensive fireworks, at least until you can get them some artillery. Bulgarian entry seems too hard to get a lot of the time, but if it happens they can be useful addition against the Russians (usually through Romania) or on the Italian front.

Early in the game, dirigibles actually provide better air support than fixed-wing aircraft, chipping away at ground units prior to your attack on them and are very good for attacking and damaging enemy artillery units.

The Sea War. At least early in the game your South Atlantic convoys have very little chance of getting through to your North Sea ports. The Norwegian convoys can sometimes slip through, but your best bet is to try to get the Swedish convoys into a Baltic port. You can get naval superiority over the Russians, although they have the luxury of operating against your convoys from their “home port” hexes. Just move your Grand Fleet into the Baltic and bang away at them when they leave port. Since you can calculate where the Swedish convoys will go (they all use the same route if it isn’t blocked), place a strong surface force around where they will end up on their first move. This means your escorts are already in place when the Russian/Entente subs come to ambush the merchantmen … and you can blast those subs out of the water. Your dirigibles deployed to the north can also get a few licks in on the subs, too. The Swedish convoys are only 30 PP (not like the massive 100 PP the Entente gets!), but they can be critical to getting a victory.

In the Atlantic, it is subs, subs, subs. Since the AI convoy mentality is pretty meager, I found that 7 subs in the Atlantic can pretty well choke the merchant and troop convoys off. I use 3 in the North Atlantic and 3 off the southern entrance to English Channel. Deploy 2 forward about 8 hexes apart and one behind them, placed midway between them and about 5 hexes to the rear. The 7th goes in between the two hunting groups. This way you link up a wall of visibility around the western and southern approaches. Your hunting packs will usually be able to all attack a convoy on one turn, and three sub attacks just about guarantees a complete annihilation of a convoy. Your 7th sub a basically playing a free safety, going to wherever the action is the hottest. As you pick up Channel ports, extend your wall of visibility west and south. The AI simply doesn’t like to send surface ships too far from its port hexes (unless it spots a surface ship roaming around), so you can catch merchantmen with absolutely no protection. One or two subs in the Med are fine to catch the convoys coming through the Suez, although all of those have to run the South Atlantic gauntlet, anyway.

There, that’s enough. And I would welcome different opinions on how to get a CP victory. I could use the help in my next game.

Many thanks for a very interesting post.

Make it so!

(in reply to amtrick)
Post #: 113
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/24/2014 3:35:13 PM   
amtrick

Kirk23:

Thanks. Of course when 1.5.0 comes out I will have to do a rewrite on this. Making the naval AI stronger is probably going to make it better at convoy/sub-hunting operations. If that is so, more convoys get through, the Entente gets huge bursts of PP (are you sure a single convoy should bring in 100 PP?) and the ground war gets much harder for the CP to win.

Fixing the Small Garrison issue is also going to have a big effect on gameplay. Right now, the AI relentlessly moves these little buggers up to the front line and sometimes stacks them two deep on a "quiet" section of the front, allowing it to concentrate combat power somewhere else, either for offense or defense. Losing this ability will require it to stretch available forces thinner, maybe even creating gaps in the line on the Eastern Front. Actually. I'll have to adjust my gameplay, too since I do the same thing. Mobility and recon will become more important.

Last thing. Besides the suggestions I made earlier in this thread on possible changes, I noticed something while playing the Entente. All the countries can use their rail capacity anywhere. For example, GB's rail capacity can be used on the continent, not just in GB. And German rail capacity can be used to move units through Serbia (once it has been captured), etc. I suppose I can make an arguement for why that might be true, but I don't know if that was a consideration in the game design.

I'm looking forward to the new version as will provide new challenges. Keep up the good work!

RickD

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 114
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/24/2014 10:53:37 PM   
operating

Another "NO SHOW"------

Attachment (1)

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 115
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/25/2014 5:24:29 AM   
operating

Izzet Pasha 70 kills to deploy (he is on top of the generals deck) but under him unseen in the deck, is Kamel Pasha who only needs 50 kills, plus the useless barbwire tech.

Barbwire was completed some time ago, Kamal Pasha should of been the first to deploy, not the other nit wit.

As a point of interest: Kemal Pasha can be in command of tanks and armored cars. Maybe Turkey should have tanks and armored cars.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 3/25/2014 6:40:46 AM >

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 116
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/25/2014 5:51:56 AM   
operating

Already way into pillbox, before Kemal Pasha deploys. Can't wait till these commanders get straightened out.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 3/25/2014 6:58:54 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 117
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/25/2014 2:09:58 PM   
operating

Another "NO SHOW"! Matter of fact: these generals should not be tied to what country they are at war with, to be a condition of deployment, for if there is a commander in the deck (unseen), who qualifies for deployment, but again, because of the pictured general on top prevents this.

Another thing: The players should be able to scroll through the commanders deck, to bring different commanders to be pictured to the top of the deck. Might that be a possibility?

EXAMPLE: A player can scroll through the different tech categories, past and present. Why not commanders?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 3/25/2014 3:27:09 PM >

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 118
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/25/2014 5:50:49 PM   
operating

Ground troop techs for entrenchment (according to tech pictures), only apply to infantry. Perhaps the entrenchment pictures are not up to date with the proper icons. Entrenchment icons should include cavalry, garrisons, SGs, and air units, and also artillery, or armor. It seems that some of, if not all these units do entrench, nonetheless, they should be included in the entrenchment pictures, for all levels of entrenchment.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 119
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/25/2014 7:25:07 PM   
operating

Any chance that Serbia and other nations will get commanders in 1.5.0?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: 1.4.2 PATCH Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI