Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 1.4.2 PATCH

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: 1.4.2 PATCH Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/22/2014 8:49:03 PM   
operating

WWI, unseen images from the front

An undated archive picture shows French soldiers moving a 95 mm cannon, on the rear guard near the front, at an unknown location in France. (REUTERS/Collection Odette Carrez)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 271
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/22/2014 10:53:57 PM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

Small Garrison doing the unthinkable........

Small Garrison with Anti-Air capability.

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 272
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 8:08:30 AM   
kirk23

Turn 6 and Germany has 15 shell production!Added to that she has many more PPs,MP which is all good for the game.

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 273
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 11:06:08 AM   
operating

Good Morning Kirk,

Have you tested with SG anti-air? Is SG in the production panel? If it is, What is it's production time in turns? Or can it be deployed immediately? Can a new SG be deployed anywhere on the map? Is SGs "still" upgradeable? and finally, What would the unit cost?

Yawning! Not awake yet, Bob

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 274
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 11:14:21 AM   
kirk23

Small Garrison Anti-Air works,Also I have had no feedback to my question,about SG in the production panel,I think everyone is on holiday!

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 275
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 12:12:23 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Small Garrison Anti-Air works,Also I have had no feedback to my question,about SG in the production panel,I think everyone is on holiday!

Yes,, engaging the membership is healthy and it is healthy for the membership to have the contact with the development team, "who actually will listen or read their comments, then RESPOND in a timely fashion". To me that's rare! During the first year after CTGW release, interaction between management and customers was rather limited, one almost felt blessed if they got a response. Today it is a different story, it's the comment period before a patch, please help Kirk and the team to keep on track to making improvements, don't let the opportunity slip away. thanks for reading this message, Bob

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 276
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 1:36:37 PM   
kirk23

I like the Small Garrison,but I think making it buildable would be a waste,since there are only 2 free spaces available,I would think that any new unit,should be much more valuable,than the lowly Small Garrison.

What do you think of my earlier Screen Shot post,regarding Ammunition Production cost reduction,and more PPs,MP etc for all the Countries?

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 5/23/2014 2:39:44 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 277
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 3:26:13 PM   
operating

quote:

Kirk wrote;
I will check this out,and if its possible who knows? I mean I have already given Turkey Artillery,along with Serbia,Bulgaria & Rumania

Kirk,
Actually what you did was; You gave Turkey the artillery tech tree, but "NO artillery" (in case you did not notice).
Bob

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 278
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 4:49:59 PM   
operating

quote:

I like the Small Garrison,but I think making it buildable would be a waste,since there are only 2 free spaces available,I would think that any new unit,should be much more valuable,than the lowly Small Garrison.

What do you think of my earlier Screen Shot post,regarding Ammunition Production cost reduction,and more PPs,MP etc for all the Countries?

Kirk,

Currently,, Germany has the biggest problem with upping ammo (too expensive), while having 2 ammo hungry artillery, plus the zeppelin, to use these 3 would require 21 ammo points per turn (exclusive from naval bombardments). With what you have lined up it is feasible to make Germany more of a threat, stockpiling for a few turns. France, Russia, England, and minor nations can now build up their ammo stockpiles all that much quicker to counter Germany's early ammo advantage. The AI seems to always have ammo, it would be something to see if the AI does shore bombardments in the next patch, which I felt was absent up to this date. With France's ability to rail in the first turn entered, makes it a tough nut to crack capturing Brussels and Antwerpt. With Germany having only 9 ammo, means it could only lobb artillery every other turn or more depending on other activity, slowing it's initiative quite a bit.

Additional PP will help CP to prepare for war with Russia, for Russia just goes nuts building units, swamping CP in no time with the AI. Slightly different story in MP, depending on a player's strategy. Certainly with increased PP the options for a player are going to be a lot greater early on., until when upkeep begins to draw down PP.

MP, I am still struggling getting a fixation on how it affects the game, it's not absolutely clear to me how it works and how to prevent it from going negative. I have an idea how it works, but it is a little foggy. Needless-to-say, more is better (I think).

Have to be careful here, for the improvements go both ways.

Bob

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 279
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 10:17:27 PM   
Connfire

More random thoughts:

I always though the SG represented a type of "Home Guard", basically a city's last ditch defense. I really don't envision them having the same tech level as the front line infantry. If anything, they'd be using their own and obsolete weapons no longer suited for front-line service.

I'd have to see what the additional MP is in relation to the other countries before I could weigh in on that. Is just Germany's increasing, the CP, or everyone's? What were the original MP numbers based on?

Whether increasing PP vs. lowering the cost of units and techs, I do think that a delicate balance needs to be reached. At a certain point, the focus switches from building units to maintaining what you have. I actually do like that as I see it as nations reaching the limitations of their industry and manpower.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 280
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 10:22:31 PM   
kirk23

quote:

quote:

Kirk wrote;
I will check this out,and if its possible who knows? I mean I have already given Turkey Artillery,along with Serbia,Bulgaria & Rumania

Kirk,
Actually what you did was; You gave Turkey the artillery tech tree, but "NO artillery" (in case you did not notice).
Bob

I don't know what version of the game you are playing with,But Turkey can build Artillery in patch 1.42 and I'm only tweaking the Artillery stats for the 1.50 patch see photo.

Orm posted this earlier in this thread,and Turkey has 2 Artillery units on the map 1.42 patch = http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3582075

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 5/23/2014 11:39:19 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 281
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 10:29:29 PM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: Connfire

More random thoughts:

I always though the SG represented a type of "Home Guard", basically a city's last ditch defense. I really don't envision them having the same tech level as the front line infantry. If anything, they'd be using their own and obsolete weapons no longer suited for front-line service.

Small Garrison are not getting upgraded Tech and that's official.

Make it so!

(in reply to Connfire)
Post #: 282
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 10:47:43 PM   
operating

quote:

quote:

Kirk wrote;

Kirk,
Bob

Kirk,

Your above quote indicated you gave 4 nations artillery, to me it meant 4 nations physically got an artillery unit, which Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria had on the map, but Turkey did not. That was all I was trying to point out, a kind of false positive (misnomer).

Bob

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 283
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 10:48:41 PM   
kirk23

quote:

quote:

MP, I am still struggling getting a fixation on how it affects the game, it's not absolutely clear to me how it works and how to prevent it from going negative. I have an idea how it works, but it is a little foggy. Needless-to-say, more is better (I think).

Bob

MANPOWER is vital in game : Heavy casualties from combat reduce National Morale,low manpower levels restrict your PP production,with the result your Country will be unable to cope with the demands of the war,causing your eventual collapse and surrender!

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 284
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 11:05:28 PM   
operating

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kirk wrote;

Kirk,
Bob

I don't know what version of the game you are playing with,But Turkey can build Artillery in patch 1.42 and I'm only tweaking the Artillery stats for the 1.50 patch see photo.

Orm posted this earlier in this thread,and Turkey has 2 Artillery units on the map 1.42 patch = http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3582075

Kirk,

No turn # in Orm's SS, he very well could have built those artillery units after Turkey enters, does not mean they were in the original OOB. I have 1.4.2, there is no Turk artillery when Turkey enters the war (In my games), however, the Turk artillery tech tree is in Turkey Research and available to be purchased in the Production panel. If I was supposed to have one or two Turk artillery from the start, then my game version, must be corrupted.

Bob

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 285
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 11:09:15 PM   
kirk23

Ah I see,well here is a snippet of early news,Turkey now has Artillery on the map when she enters the war!

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 286
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 11:18:16 PM   
kirk23

Example of a Nations Manpower : Highlighted in red in this screen shot,is Austria/Hungary available manpower 1900.1900 equals 1.9 Million men.

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 287
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 11:21:50 PM   
operating

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bob

MANPOWER is vital in game : Heavy casualties from combat reduce National Morale,low manpower levels restrict your PP production,with the result your Country will be unable to cope with the demands of the war,causing your eventual collapse and surrender!

Field Marshal Kirk,

Earlier sent you some stats SS by pm of an ongoing MP match. Clearly the MP was in the "red" but the NM was above 100% in the green, which to me, conflates with your quote, or am I reading (the stats) it wrong?

Sargent Shultz (I know nothing!), Bob

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 288
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 11:25:09 PM   
operating

quote:

Ah I see,well here is a snippet of early news,Turkey now has Artillery on the map when she enters the war!

Oh! I love arguing with you...

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 289
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 11:37:55 PM   
kirk23

Morale is also based on other in game mechanics,like one or more of your Enemies surrendering,along with a few other things the AI calculates,did you know that you gain National Morale,by simply expanding your borders invading your enemies territory, plus I'm sure you noticed that at the start of the game,most Countries start with their National Morale in excess off 100%

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 5/24/2014 12:39:09 AM >

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 290
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/23/2014 11:49:32 PM   
kirk23

quote:

quote:

Oh! I love arguing with you...

Turkey artillery as promised.

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 291
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/24/2014 12:05:38 AM   
operating

quote:

Morale is also based on other in game mechanics,like one or more of your Enemies surrendering,along with a few other things the AI calculates,did you know that you gain National Morale,by simply expanding your borders invading your enemies territory, plus I'm sure you noticed that at the start of the game,most Countries start with their National Morale in excess off 100%

Kirk,

In an earlier post, you provided the Morale stats for capturing Capitals, Cities and Fortresses. Russia surrendered after losing 38 cities: quick math 38 x 10 morale points = a net gain of 380 MP! Not including Belgium, Romania, Serbs and Arab Revolt surrendering. By rights, CP NM% should have gone right through the roof exponentially, instead of the little over 100% NM the Management window shows, which confuses me, for what I have experienced in past games, you lose when NM goes "O". So when in the present match, it does not bother me that my MP is falling, for it is my NM is what keeps me in the game.

Bob

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 5/24/2014 5:19:12 AM >

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 292
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/24/2014 1:59:56 AM   
Connfire

quote:

Example of a Nations Manpower : Highlighted in red in this screen shot,is Austria/Hungary available manpower 1900. 1900 equals 1.9 Million men.

Is that the formula? 1 MP = 1,000 men of fighting age?

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 293
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/24/2014 3:04:31 AM   
operating

quote:

quote:

Example of a Nations Manpower : Highlighted in red in this screen shot,is Austria/Hungary available manpower 1900. 1900 equals 1.9 Million men.

I believe it is.. Kirk posted earlier that 1800 represented 1.8 million man army..

(in reply to Connfire)
Post #: 294
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/24/2014 1:45:39 PM   
Connfire

quote:

quote:

quote:

I believe it is.. Kirk posted earlier that 1800 represented 1.8 million man army..

OK. That makes sense. Now the next question is are we basing the starting MP figures on historical data or game balance? Neither answer is wrong, I'm just trying to understand. There are a number of sites that provide the total number of mobilized soldiers in each nation, here's one:

http://www.pbs.org/greatwar/resources/casdeath_pop.html

PS - check out the staggering casualty percentages, especially for Austria-Hungary, Russia, France, and Romania. Puts the whole "lost generation" into perspective.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 295
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/24/2014 1:53:39 PM   
kirk23

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

OK. That makes sense. Now the next question is are we basing the starting MP figures on historical data or game balance? Neither answer is wrong, I'm just trying to understand. There are a number of sites that provide the total number of mobilized soldiers in each nation, here's one:

http://www.pbs.org/greatwar/resources/casdeath_pop.html

PS - check out the staggering casualty percentages, especially for Austria-Hungary, Russia, France, and Romania. Puts the whole "lost generation" into perspective.

Hi Rob,The answer is both! Starting Manpower Figures are based on historical data,but I have also balanced the game more,Entente still has an advantage,because they have more manpower available,But the Central Power is still strong enough to give them a run for there money.

Make it so!

(in reply to Connfire)
Post #: 296
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/24/2014 1:58:05 PM   
kirk23

Ok now for some new stuff,these are also based on historical fact.Please note its not just Serbia who will be getting more military options to play with,the other Nations are all getting new historical stuff added.

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 297
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/24/2014 1:59:44 PM   
kirk23

Serbia Production panel.

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 298
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/24/2014 2:00:41 PM   
kirk23

Serbia Tech Research.

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 299
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/24/2014 2:13:24 PM   
operating

quote:

quote:

More random thoughts:

Small Garrison are not getting upgraded Tech and that's official.

Does that mean we will not see the below picture?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: 1.4.2 PATCH Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI