Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 races

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 races Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 r... - 5/27/2014 3:31:19 AM   
Cauldyth

Yeah, loving my game as the Space Penguins (i.e. Yl'ta). Shame their native habitat isn't ice worlds.

(in reply to Makarn)
Post #: 421
RE: Distant Worlds Extended - 5/27/2014 4:03:14 AM   
tjhkkr

I still say you needed to add the Shakpurri...
Oh the horror!

Seriously; this stuff is SHARP.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 422
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 r... - 5/27/2014 1:39:59 PM   
ponasozis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malakie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Haree78

I do not, other sites don't host as well as mediafire and I don't want to maintain multiple uploads. I will look at moddb soon, not sure if that provides it's own hosting, that should help if it does.

Thanks... looking forward to trying it out once I can download it.. Not sure why Mediafire download catpcha is not working..

disable adblocker in mediafire that should work
worked for me

(in reply to Malakie)
Post #: 423
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 r... - 5/27/2014 5:12:15 PM   
Haree78

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malakie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Haree78

I do not, other sites don't host as well as mediafire and I don't want to maintain multiple uploads. I will look at moddb soon, not sure if that provides it's own hosting, that should help if it does.

Thanks... looking forward to trying it out once I can download it.. Not sure why Mediafire download catpcha is not working..

Have you tried other internet browsers?

(in reply to Malakie)
Post #: 424
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 r... - 5/27/2014 5:13:04 PM   
Haree78

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cauldyth

Yeah, loving my game as the Space Penguins (i.e. Yl'ta). Shame their native habitat isn't ice worlds.

Hahaha, nice :)

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 425
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 r... - 5/27/2014 6:31:39 PM   
tilarium

Hi, new to the game and by extension, to modding the game. Taking the suggestion from Das, I installed the mod and while setting up first game I noticed that some of basic races have had their image changed. For a couple of them, the Kiadian and Haakonish in particular, I like the stock versions of them better. Is there a way for one to go back to the basic games image for those races and if so how would one do that? I make requests like this in other games but also get blasted for it. Please, don't mistake me and take anything bad from this as a lot of the races look great and it's awesome having such a much more varied selection.

Kyle

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 426
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 r... - 5/27/2014 7:37:07 PM   
pycco

quote:

ORIGINAL: tilarium

Hi, new to the game and by extension, to modding the game. Taking the suggestion from Das, I installed the mod and while setting up first game I noticed that some of basic races have had their image changed. For a couple of them, the Kiadian and Haakonish in particular, I like the stock versions of them better. Is there a way for one to go back to the basic games image for those races and if so how would one do that? I make requests like this in other games but also get blasted for it. Please, don't mistake me and take anything bad from this as a lot of the races look great and it's awesome having such a much more varied selection.

Kyle

you would have to replace the images of undesired pictures with the ones from the base game. ask Darkspire for details if need be he has a grip on the modding aspect.

< Message edited by pycco -- 5/27/2014 8:46:10 PM >

(in reply to tilarium)
Post #: 427
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 r... - 5/27/2014 9:38:22 PM   
Flinkebeinchen

Just go in the DWE folder, locate the images you don't like and delete them.

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 428
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 r... - 5/27/2014 9:53:05 PM   
FireLion1983

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flinkebeinchen

+1

(in reply to Flinkebeinchen)
Post #: 429
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 r... - 5/27/2014 10:38:32 PM   
pycco

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flinkebeinchen

don't forget the agent pics as well!

(in reply to Flinkebeinchen)
Post #: 430
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 r... - 5/28/2014 6:27:44 AM   
SamuraiSilhouette

I've just purchased the game and I'm trying to install the Extended universe mod for the steam version. I've followed the youtube video and placed the unzipped archive into the custom folder in the steam directory, loaded up the game, and can't seem to load the DW Extended Universe 1.0 Theme. I get an empty description box. Am I missing something? I'm itching to play the game with this "essential" mod everyone's talking about. I would appreciate anyone's help, thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. GG

< Message edited by SamuraiSilhouette -- 5/28/2014 7:35:05 AM >

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 431
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 r... - 5/29/2014 1:58:23 PM   
Solarius Scorch

Am I correct in that the Universe removed races cap? So you can now have a hundred different species in up to 30 families?

If so, I have many home-made species which I would like to add to the DW Extended mod, or perhaps even share with the public.

Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!

(in reply to SamuraiSilhouette)
Post #: 432
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 r... - 5/29/2014 2:26:06 PM   
Unforeseen

Upload em as a standalone, it's pretty easy to combine themes into one after downloading.

(in reply to Solarius Scorch)
Post #: 433
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 r... - 5/29/2014 3:22:40 PM   
HerrTelefonmann

Thank you for this mod. I love it

(in reply to Unforeseen)
Post #: 434
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 r... - 5/29/2014 5:13:31 PM   
Solarius Scorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

Upload em as a standalone, it's pretty easy to combine themes into one after downloading.

Not when you need to combine the biases.txt files. This is what basically killed my modding efforts for half a year. :P

I'm still interested in the answer if there is a race number cap. Help please :)

Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!

(in reply to Unforeseen)
Post #: 435
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 r... - 5/29/2014 7:54:55 PM   
pycco

so how many hits on download as apposed to prior to steam release.

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 436
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races - 5/29/2014 9:54:38 PM   
tilarium

Something else I was wondering about. Is there a way to have multiple images for characters? Wouldn't add much to the game except some variety but I think it would be pretty neat. Don't you? Not even sure if it's possible.

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 437
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races - 5/30/2014 12:01:16 AM   
Haree78

@HerrTelefonmann
You're welcome.

@Solarius Scorch
No idea what the races cap is.

@pycco
I had something like 4300+ downloads of the most recent version of the shadows mod. The Universe version has had 1759, more than any previous version this early in it's release. There is also people distributing my mod in their own versions so that probably reduces the hits.

@tilarium
There is but it isn't ideal. I would need to name a load of characters and set how many skills/traits they start with, even though I can set them random, it's not what I'd want to do. The request for this feature has gone in quite a few times.

(in reply to tilarium)
Post #: 438
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races - 5/30/2014 2:39:49 AM   
Ardryn

I've been getting crashes with extended that I haven't with vanilla and turning off the racial events has thus far prevented it, so it seems there's something weird going on with those.
No idea how helpful the crash log will be but here it is:
Distant Worlds - Crash Dump - 1.9.5.1

5:05:40 PM Thursday, May 29, 2014

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.InitiateRaceEvent(Race race, RaceEvent raceEvent)
   at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.DoRaceEvent(Race race)
   at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.ReviewEmpireEvents()
   at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.DoTasks()
   at DistantWorlds.Types.Habitat.CheckHabitatIsEmpire(Galaxy galaxy)
   at DistantWorlds.Types.Habitat.DoTasks(DateTime time)
   at DistantWorlds.Main.JIuevi9tcRbieZyaK3k(Object , DateTime )
   at DistantWorlds.Main.ury0ME2CKb(DateTime , Int64 , BuiltObjectList , Boolean )
   at DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()

--- COMPLETE ---

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 439
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races - 5/30/2014 5:26:55 AM   
Atrocities

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ardryn

I've been getting crashes with extended that I haven't with vanilla and turning off the racial events has thus far prevented it, so it seems there's something weird going on with those.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

--- COMPLETE ---

I suspect that the mod hasn't been updated yet for the new patch. Give a day or two and try to see if he has updated the mod for the new Game version. :D

(in reply to Ardryn)
Post #: 440
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races - 5/30/2014 8:51:15 AM   
Haree78

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ardryn

--- COMPLETE ---

There shouldn't be an update for the patch.

Do you have a save file? I can pass it on for Elliot to look at.

(in reply to Ardryn)
Post #: 441
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races - 5/30/2014 10:16:13 AM   
Buio

Not had any problems running this mod with the beta. Played perhaps 5 hours or so.

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 442
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races - 5/30/2014 4:47:40 PM   
pycco

wow, in just under a week that's over 1/3 of shadows downloads in a year. its because your mod is so epic

loving The Banoserit btw very different than i usually play.

< Message edited by pycco -- 5/30/2014 5:47:55 PM >

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 443
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races - 5/30/2014 9:43:36 PM   
AnddyiRaynor

In 1.9.4.7 which also applies to the current version there was a change for race resources.

In your mod, the new races says this 'ResourceType: 0=None, 1-41 (which resource, see Modding Guide)

while 1.9.5.0 says:

'ResourceId: -1=None, 0-XX (which resource, see Modding Guide)

This may or not cause bugs, because each of the race resources would now be -1 different than they were before in the current version. So really anything that use to be 0 should be -1.

12. changed race special resources (Resource1Type, Resource2Type, Resource3Type) so that
ZERO DOES NOT = NONE, now -1=None, while 0-XX=ResourceId of resource. This
change requires any existing race mod files to be updated
now clear list of galaxy maps when change themes (i.e. not showing galaxy maps from
previous themes)

So what use to be this

Resource1Type ;14 =Iridium? is now = Gold
Resource1Effect ;1
Resource1Amount ;5

The default races seem to be correct with their 1.9.5.0 versions. It's just that if you want to fix your old races to be what you wanted them to be before you'd have to change that info. Perhaps you did fix that already but left the version numbers and that comment info outdated?

< Message edited by AnddyiRaynor -- 5/30/2014 10:45:10 PM >

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 444
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races - 5/30/2014 11:48:44 PM   
Haree78

The mod was updated during Universe development and was updated based on changes such as that. I obviously missed updating the comments, doesn't affect anything.

< Message edited by Haree78 -- 5/31/2014 12:48:59 AM >

(in reply to AnddyiRaynor)
Post #: 445
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races - 5/31/2014 12:41:21 AM   
Ardryn

In my current game as the Yor I've so far had no(more?) luck in replicating the crash. The only thing I did differently was not modifying my homeworld at the start of the game with the editor. In all the other games I modified the homeworld to have the maximum number of resources (8) and a 5-10% development ruins. I was keskudons kiadians and a few others in the games that did crash.

Well, now I'm getting a crash on loading the most recent autosave of that game, though the other autosaves are just fine. Here's the link to it.
Auto Save
Again, keep in mind this is with the energy research mod for Expanded.

Oh and the crash dump that went with it.

11:52:30 PM Friday, May 30, 2014

at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.A5xrTjGY5A0(Habitat , Int32 )
   at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.cdPrTgWuDbw(Habitat , Int32 )
   at DistantWorlds.Main.g05RzvgHhM(Object , Boolean )
   at DistantWorlds.Main.G1BRk75mHC(Object )
   at DistantWorlds.Main.Ignite(Game game, String currentFileName)
   at DistantWorlds.Main.Ignite()
   at DistantWorlds.Start.hRolaNgVGQ()
   at DistantWorlds.Start.VB1ImmahhL(Object , EventArgs )

--- COMPLETE ---

< Message edited by Ardryn -- 5/31/2014 9:27:20 AM >

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 446
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races - 5/31/2014 11:03:01 PM   
LoverIan

When I tried to go through the cosmodex, it seemed as though all the new races simply replaced old ones in the image files, but it didn't show any new entries. Is this a replace of the races? Also, before the game released, I remember seeing the races listed and described, why did you take them down?

EDIT: I picked my race, and this is a simple replace. The exact same number of playable species is there, but with different images. Is this intentional?

< Message edited by LoverIan -- 6/1/2014 12:04:43 AM >

(in reply to Ardryn)
Post #: 447
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races - 5/31/2014 11:47:15 PM   
tilarium

Was curious about anything special that needs to be done to add new races into extended. I wanted to add in a couple from the ME mod and some from the Star Trek mods. Also planning to add in some of the awesome ship sets I've been finding around. This is what I do when I really get into a game that allows modding.

(in reply to Ardryn)
Post #: 448
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races - 5/31/2014 11:54:25 PM   
AnddyiRaynor

Check out Can you create new races? midway down the 1st page me and Darkspire answered that guys question on that. You'll understand how the shipsets are loaded once you read the invidiual races.txt so human.txt for example in the races folder. But the image folder for ships is set to 26 hardcoded maybe but most sets have 26 max and you'll just want to add some extra families than there are races so that you can use those as extra ship images because not all ships come with predefined images in the family. \Distant Worlds Universe\images\units\ships which you'll understand eventually.

(in reply to tilarium)
Post #: 449
RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races - 6/1/2014 1:19:56 AM   
Haree78

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoverIan

When I tried to go through the cosmodex, it seemed as though all the new races simply replaced old ones in the image files, but it didn't show any new entries. Is this a replace of the races? Also, before the game released, I remember seeing the races listed and described, why did you take them down?

EDIT: I picked my race, and this is a simple replace. The exact same number of playable species is there, but with different images. Is this intentional?

There should be a total of 40 alien races listed in the Galactopedia, if you don't see that many then something has gone wrong in the installation of the mod.

(in reply to LoverIan)
Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 races Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI